Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you hyped for the Wii U?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

You believe it will be great for hardcore gamers now?

GTA coming to the Wii U?

Will the Wii U only allow a single controller 

What are your feelings of the WiiU

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• liquescentliquescent Member UncommonPosts: 145

To me the Wii U is just a Wii with HD graphics and a tablet controller.

I do not think this will have the market share to make it a contender. There is no sizable  incentive to upgrade from the Wii.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

heh , you do realize that the Wii sold 3 times more then the PS3 and 360 combined right? Hell it even sold more then the Xbox , Xbox 360 , PS2 , PS3 combined. And you say the market isn't there? The 3DS sold more then what the PSP sold in it's lifetime.

When the Wii U officially kicks off , you'll see a massive drop in just about everything concerning MMO's and other gaming not related to Wii U. Nintendo is bringing gaming to a level that even those that hate gaming will buy themselves  just to experience it.  Being able to play 5 people on a single game and in the same living room is just mind blowing , having a panoramic view thanks to the new controller brings FPS to another level never yet seen. 

Everything that the Wii had in accessories will be compatible with the Wii U , which makes your past investment not lost. Inviting your friends to play some Wii U will be a blast of fun. And just the fact that Kid Icarus is being released for the Wii U is giving me a hard on that I can't seem to shake off.  

And yes GTA is coming for the Wii U , yes FF15 is coming for the Wii U , yes Nintendo is retaking their throne as the absolute power in the gaming universe.

Bottom line : Wii U is real , and everyone that I know , family , friends , co workers ... even my old fart co worker at 62 , will all get themselves a Wii U. Also get into your head that Casual gamers owns the hardcore numbers , and when I say own I mean massacre in numbers. To your eyes , and I fail to see how , the Wii U might seem not worthy , but for every 100 casual gamer there is only 1 hardcore gamer.As Mr Spock once said : "The need of the many out weighs the need of the few." Also keep in mind that the Wii is the only console that never had any problems of "overheating" and such , which pleases the casual player market , a market that owns at about 90% and 10% for hardcore gamer ( Which I'm being generous btw , 10% is abit high for us hardcore gamers) 

I could go on for another 500 more words , but I'll end my reply here. There is no denying the awesomness of the Wii U.

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

I am more hyped than i was when the Wii was announced first. Main reason is that the graphics have vastly improved and we can finally see (hoping) great game series in HD rather than the Wii graphical optimization.

Whilst the console is more powerful, i am hoping more games that were not previously on the Wii (in a bigger form) to make a bigger impact on the Wii U. Online gaming i really hope Nintendo will take part in this time around as more and more people are connected to the internet and game, especially socially.

I own all the consoles and each one serves me in a different way.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I am not really hyped out for it but I will definitely get it.  Im treating it as a Wii with HD graphics.  And just saying..Id be playing wii a LOT more if it didnt look like crap on my hdtv o.o 

Edit :

Id be hyped if it was releasing next month but...since its not, Ill just go about ignoring it until its in stores.  Then I will rush out and beat people with a stick to get it along with the new smash brothers! @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

It looks kinda cool and has some nice features.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I'm buying it.  I have all consoles right now with the exception of the new 3DS and kinect, simply because I'm going to wait for a price drop,    but I'll likely buy those too.

If theres one thing I can't get enough of its Nintendos flagship titles,  like Mario Kart,  Super Smash Brothers, and Zelda.  Now that they're trying to bring the focus back to hardcore gaming... we might see some awesome games crop up.  I'll never forget some of the older N64 titles that stradled the line like Conkers BFD, and Forsaken.

Apart from that I'm always up for a new way to play. 

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

More Wii stuff, its still not a real gamer console regardless of what people think. Yes it sold the most units because it panders to little kids, familys, and old people, what do you expect? While I relize Nintendo is loving their monopoly on that "player" base of customers, I'd really like them to go back to their roots.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• ichimarunicoichimarunico Member Posts: 210

The only good game Wii ever saw was Smash Brothers, and you really can't mess that up.

I passed on the Wii (though I did pitch in to help a friend buy it for party games, I'll admit to it) and I'll pass on this Wii/GameBoy hybrid.

• SgtFabulousSgtFabulous Member Posts: 42

How can people buy nintendo's garbage gimmicks? I mean for real? You bought the Wii, and it's collecting dust in some other room, and now your going to do the same with the Wii U? It's the most gimmicky system I've ever seen.

They keep trying to innovate on the controller, when they don't need to. If our controllers weren't a good way to control our current video games, people would be using the Wii, but currrent controllers for the Xbox and PS3 ARE the best way to control video games, not this tablet - analogsticks above the buttons - size of a house - controller. I agree, the graphics are immensly improved, but they had the technology to do that with the Wii, and they skimped out, and now they want to make a quick buck on their new crappy system that people will drop after a week of playing.

The playstation move, microsoft kinect, wii motion plus, and now Wii U, are all gimmicks, and people buy into these, and then return to the controller a week later.

• MysticBeastMysticBeast Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by SgtFabulous

How can people buy nintendo's garbage gimmicks? I mean for real? You bought the Wii, and it's collecting dust in some other room, and now your going to do the same with the Wii U? It's the most gimmicky system I've ever seen.

They keep trying to innovate on the controller, when they don't need to. If our controllers weren't a good way to control our current video games, people would be using the Wii, but currrent controllers for the Xbox and PS3 ARE the best way to control video games, not this tablet - analogsticks above the buttons - size of a house - controller. I agree, the graphics are immensly improved, but they had the technology to do that with the Wii, and they skimped out, and now they want to make a quick buck on their new crappy system that people will drop after a week of playing.

The playstation move, microsoft kinect, wii motion plus, and now Wii U, are all gimmicks, and people buy into these, and then return to the controller a week later.

yea you might be right, but i don't think they care as long as they sell it, they really don't give a f*** what people are doing with there product as long as they make money off it. 

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Originally posted by MMOExposed

You believe it will be great for hardcore gamers now?

GTA coming to the Wii U?

Will the Wii U only allow a single controller 

What are your feelings of the WiiU

The WiiU is a gimmick.  I hate to say it but pricing and packaging is going to make or break the U.   It is essentially nothing more than an Upgraded Wii with a new controller.   Unfortuneately, the new controller doesn't offer anything over its predecessor except personalized video display/feedback.   This is a huge advantage for multiplayer on the same system, but online multiplayer is a better option.

If the WiiU is backwards compatible with Wii remotes, and is sold at the same or lower price of an xbox360 it might be a success.

If the price is higher than an xbox360 and must be bought with the WiiU controller you might as well call it Virtual boy 2.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

ahh ill buy it just because. and that controller looks cool.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,854

The Wii U looks like a home console version of the DS. Zero innovation so far. A big step back wards for Nintendo.

Also, only 1 Wii U tablet controller per console is one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen for a home console and will kill local multi player on the system

Originally posted by SuprGamerX
    heh , you do realize that the Wii sold 3 times more then the PS3 and 360 combined right? Hell it even sold more then the Xbox , Xbox 360 , PS2 , PS3 combined. And you say the market isn't there? The 3DS sold more then what the PSP sold in it's lifetime.

Pretty much everything you said is wrong.

The Wii has not sold more than the PS2, the PS2 is well over 100 million systems sold.

The 3DS just came out and has so far been a huge flop, the PSP is at 70 million systems sold.

Get your facts straight.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by MysticBeast

yea you might be right, but i don't think they care as long as they sell it, they really don't give a f*** what people are doing with there product as long as they make money off it. 

I use my Wii all the time,  in fact I'm watching Netflix on it right now. I buy Nintendos products for Nintendo exclusive titles because I'm a gamer,  its what I've always done, and its what I'll always do as long as they put out games worth playing.  

I also use the Wii controller when playing emulated games on my Android phone so the classic controller sees a lot of use as well.  I even use the Wii balance board to track my weight which is very accurate and helps track my training progress,  though I no longer use it for the Fit exercises.

I'm more in Nintendos corner right now than Sonys and Microsofts.  Nintendo has always been one of the major powers in the gaming industry (not meant to be a nintendo power joke) but they ran into the issue that we're seeing with Microsoft now where they just didn't implement the technology the way it should have been implemented.  Microsoft is having that lackluster effect with Kinect, and Sony is just sabotaging themselves at every turn.

I'll be interested to see how they utilize this new controller.

• SgtFabulousSgtFabulous Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Originally posted by MysticBeast

I use my Wii all the time,  in fact I'm watching Netflix on it right now. I buy Nintendos products for Nintendo exclusive titles because I'm a gamer,  its what I've always done, and its what I'll always do as long as they put out games worth playing.  

I also use the Wii controller when playing emulated games on my Android phone so the classic controller sees a lot of use as well.  I even use the Wii balance board to track my weight which is very accurate and helps track my training progress,  though I no longer use it for the Fit exercises.

I'm more in Nintendos corner right now than Sonys and Microsofts.  Nintendo has always been one of the major powers in the gaming industry (not meant to be a nintendo power joke) but they ran into the issue that we're seeing with Microsoft now where they just didn't implement the technology the way it should have been implemented.  Microsoft is having that lackluster effect with Kinect, and Sony is just sabotaging themselves at every turn.

I'll be interested to see how they utilize this new controller.

I agree with you, I'm glad Nintendo is trying to innovate and try something different and it takes balls to do that. I just thing it's the wrong kind of innovation that their trying.

I also agree that Microsoft's kinect is extremely lackluster, it's pretty terrible. I find the playstation move to be less gimmicky then the kinect since it has buttons and can sort of be implemented in hardcore games, but it's still a gimmick.

It's pretty dissapointing that the Wii U is limited to one tablet controller. This is an absolute killer for the system.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Nintendo focused on social/family playing and it paid off, obviously.

If I only played console, sure I'd have a ps3 most likely. But I dont.

I doubt most Wii's are used on a daily basis, but they fill their purpose.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

my wii is just sitting gathering dust with less than 60 hours total gameplay in last  18 months or so

I am not going to rush  in for Wii U .I wil wait the price usually drop after a years release and wait for more titles to come out

• wfSegwfSeg Member Posts: 96

No, there's no game announced for it that I absolutely must have. It's like the 3DS in a sense, the system is cool, but there's no game on it that is a must-have. I don't need the 3DS, I'll stick with my DSi. I don't need the Wii U, I'll stick with my Wii. For now.

"I am the harbinger of hope. I am the sword of the righteous. And to all who hear my words, I say this: What you give to this Empire, I shall give back unto you."
    -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I will Wii you? lol

Unless the Assassin's Creed game is amazing and have a main storyline, then I might even consider. Since right now it only supports 1 of those new controllers, don't count me in. Nintendo games so casual-like, I feel most of them are more carter to the handhelds.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

im just shocked that they called it Wii U .... what a crap name... if the Wii wasnt bad enough.. and ive got a Wii , it just sounds like they didnt even bother , no effort to pick a good name.

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by xersent

im just shocked that they called it Wii U .... what a crap name... if the Wii wasnt bad enough.. and ive got a Wii , it just sounds like they didnt even bother , no effort to pick a good name.

There has already been alot of jokes around the internet that have been surfaced - one of them i quite liked, the Nintendo Police WiiUUWiiWUU... yeah haha,

But personally i expected something more i guess "hardcore" - like the original Revolution. But i do understand the reason behind the name of it, the definition and reasoning.

What was some of the names you thought it would be?

I was live on Twitter and alot of good ones came through. I will have to remember them now!