Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 3 launch

WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Patch notes here.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Comments

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Looks awesome. Thanks for the link.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

And yet, their forums are complaining about how many things the Patch broke-- including unflaggng people from Perma-flag on the PvP servers.

Ahhhh well, give it a day and we'll have a thread here to tell us how the patch brought back 1,000+ people, with accompanying screenshot of only a couple of dozen.  image

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by Beauman

And yet, their forums are complaining about how many things the Patch broke-- including unflaggng people from Perma-flag on the PvP servers.

Ahhhh well, give it a day and we'll have a thread here to tell us how the patch brought back 1,000+ people, with accompanying screenshot of only a couple of dozen.  image

LOL!

I an thinking the devs rushed this update out due the sorry status of DCUO. The very thing the players wanted most in this update, the 'Mega' servers, was not included in this patch. The ETA is "sometime between now and Update 4."

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Kazara

Originally posted by Beauman

LOL!

I an thinking the devs rushed this update out due the sorry status of DCUO. The very thing the players wanted most in this update, the 'Mega' servers, was not included in this patch. The ETA is "sometime between now and Update 4."

TBH, I think the players were misreading the whole "megaserver" thing all along. The expectation for Update 3 having it was player inspired, not SOE.

RadarX, when he announced it, made it sound like they were JUST starting to investigate it, and they were. He had also clearly stated that it would be in testing for 'weeks'...which means there was no chance it could be in Update 3.

Players could hope all they wanted it would be in Update 3...but SOE made it clear (imo) that it would be at least a couple months before we'd see 'megaservers'.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

You are right Tux.  The players are at the point where their hopes are starting to take the form of promises from SOE, but I can hardly blame them.  SOE hasn't been real good about communicating with their players, so they are just filling in the blanks to spirits up.  Much like players have convinced themselves that there is some huge green lantern content update coming out the same time as the movie releases. 

It will be interesting to see how quickly SOE reacts to fixing the PvP bug. 

• BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

The Megaservers in regards to Update 3, honestly, are a mere footnote in the amount of complaints about what the updated bugged and broke.

This has been, without a doubt, their most unpolished Update to date.

I'm done. After experiencing this debacle first hand, I'm out. They can keep the remainder of the 45 days.