Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

graphics... NEVER make the game!!! gameplay does!

ze789ze789 Member Posts: 21

!!!this is about gameplay and features!!!

this game is the best game i have EVER played! i dont care wtf u people think! it was realeased 7 years ago! deal with the graphics the game is awesom!!!

to those who have never played...

SKILL BASED and SKILL BASED (no click and wait --- skills make you not levels)

rebirth system! ( every 3 weeks u can RB for free)

*if you want to pay for an early one or for better startup thats ur deal but it aint mine*

most importantly... IT HAS A STORY!!!

this game is NOT i repeat NOT easy! dont join if u want instant gratification! (unless of course ur rich and can afford instant gratification)

!!!this is about gameplay and features!!!

I DONT CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!!!

rant done thanks

you know that I know that you know that i know that you know that i know....

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

the game was easy as any other f2p was, the combat was innovative somewhat, from what i remember it followed a rock paper scissors effect or something, it was annoying for me, i did not enjoy it. the game didn't do anything great.

just another mediocre f2p to add to the masses. glad you enjoy it however, ill still be on the trail looking for one to satisfy me.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ze789ze789 Member Posts: 21

to each his own i guess.

just wish people would stop joining the *new* freaking alexina server just cus its new... I want more people on tarlach so i can go into the shadow dungeons more often.

only problem with this game is if u join tarlach no one is there.

• ze789ze789 Member Posts: 21

gotta wait for the expansion maintanance to be done

• GlitchorGlitchor Member UncommonPosts: 16

ya gotta admit tho

Graphics brings the mases, Gameplay Keps them

Dynamic updates and game growth is good for the future

Active Devs and suport staff  keeps the game going and functoning so everyone is happy

things like big componies that launch and then cut 90% of the staff is what Kils things

you know who I'm refering to heh

nothing worth saying =-)

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Just because this game has different gameplay, doesn't make it good gameplay. It's not hard either, I don't know why anybody would try to claim that. The combat is sluggish, unresponsive, and repetitive, making it more frustrating than anything. Every player is pretty much forced into the same kind of build, there's the freedom to do whatever you want, but in all reality only 1 works. And the quests are very generic and boring (go here kill X). Plus it's very very very grindy. Did I mention it was grindy? I think I missed that so I'll tell you, it's grindy. Plus there's grind, lots of it. Also, I think there's so much grind this game should be called... Grindinogi.
    (grind + skill based = OW MY HAND)

But that was what I saw a couple years ago, maybe they changed it. It might be worth a second look.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

You didn't give the game a chance <.<

Alby dungeon is for newbies who don't know how to play yet, so of course it's easy....

Go to Ciar dungeon on normal difficulty(don't use the beginner pass) solo and you should feel challenged. Defense mode while using a shield blocks arrows, but it's still not easy...multi agro's a bitch.

Use icebolt to hit an archer before he can shoot you, etc, etc.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by ze789

to each his own i guess.

just wish people would stop joining the *new* freaking alexina server just cus its new... I want more people on tarlach so i can go into the shadow dungeons more often.

only problem with this game is if u join tarlach no one is there.

I quit for the same reason this guy quit except....3 of the 4 servers in the game are completely dead <.<

Was a great game years ago and I did play for 4 years but..............Nexon thought they were going to get some huge influx of players and they didn't. They added 3 or 4 channels to each server and they put a big yellow flashy sign by the Alexina server saying "NEW!!!!" and an invisible sign by every other server saying "DON'T GO HERE" -.-

I'm not making a new character on a different server and saying goodbye to 4 years of progress and all of the things I bought with Nexons...especially since idk when another new server will come along....

This game's nearly perfect, but whatever...Nexon ruined it.

They could have shuffled the server list every day and not put the "NEW" sign up like I've seen other games do, but whatever.

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

The exact same thing was said about Fallen Earth.....

• RaikulxoxRaikulxox Member Posts: 5

Wait, how is everyone saying this game is another run of the mill f2p game?

This game is HARD. Any dungeon past the first few has enemies that can kill you in a combo. You will never "faceroll" the same skills in this game, your going to have to pay attention in combat.

It uses a skill system, not leveling classes that upgrade to others with no choices. Everyone pigeoned holed into the same class is also a lie. You can't use Swords/Hammers/Axe/Magic/Ranged/Alchemy/Lance/etc at once.

The skills actually matter as well. Crafting is useful in this game, since crafted gear are actually better than the store bought counterparts.

Yes, there is grind, if you stick to leveling the same skill over and over. But with the amount of them, and the nice features they put in the game (making music, finding hidden artifacts, doing an event, minigames) ease it.

Put down $25 (for a flying and land mount), and use your spare giant and elf characters (read up on how to get a free one of each) for storage, and you won't have to pay anymore to play this game.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Can't stand click to move in MMOs.  That's the only reason I don't play this.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Graphics never make the game, but they can ruin it.

I just can't play a game with terrible graphics for their time. It's nothing personal, I just dislike bad graphics. It's like watching a movie with cheap effects even if they were state of the art 20 years ago.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Good graphics can sure make a game better though.  The way I like to compare it to is those that enjoy hiking in the wilderness.  What makes hiking so great?  Sure getting excercise and being in the fresh air might be enough for some.  But seeing the leaves rustle in the wind makes it even better.  And having the sunlight shimmering off the surface of a lake is pretty cool, as is interesting wildlife crawling about.  Watching the sunset above the clouds on the top of a mountain, with trees swaying below can be stunning.

So sure graphics without gameplay isn't enough, but great graphics and a detailed environment can make a good game really special.

But I also play a lot of roguelikes, even in ASCII mode, so I understand what you are getting at.  Better to have good gamplay without graphics than good graphics without good gameplay.  But that doesn't mean good graphics doesn't add to the experience.

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements