Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dead Servers (?)

13»

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Firefoot still has plenty of people, and it's not known as one of the most populous servers there is.

Bree and 21st are always jammed with people, even with so much new content going instanced or skirmish.

It seems to follow the same patterns as most MMO's.  Content comes and relevent areas get packed... and as the content is around for a while things turn to a normal, steady pace.  New content comes... rinse, repeat.

At any point in the content cycle, there are still far more people around than there ever were before F2P.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Shukano

F2P catastrophe? I played since beta and I see no catastrophe. The game is the same. I love how all these clans yelled doom and moved on to other games (AoC? really? that was the home they decided to go to? AoC is in way worse shape than Lotro right now).

I love the irony. LOTRO tripples revenue and begins pumping out rather large updates every few weeks now with a cash shop that, imo, is VERY non-intrusive to P2P members - and yesterday AoC announces it will be going F2P and the cash shop they have looks like it WILL BE intrusive.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

what's really facinating is the large guilds that moved to AoC and other games as a result of the F2P switch. Some of them I was once a member in and have kept in touch with.

"doing well" is OK, I guess, but I remember when they were "doing great" image

Shame all those "large guilds" will have to move on to another game again I suppose.

; _ ;

>_>

<_<

XD

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

started playing on my lute this day in the middle of bree...half a hour later i had an sync with 10 people i never heard about playing alot of songs for people @ snowbourn

Its not what yousee, its what you do :D

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • If it's about this kind of chat for you then I suggest you don't play this game. The community in this game is not very active on the general chat regarding social communication.

Sometimes it happens, for example in Ettenmoors (pvp area) or bigger places like Bree, that general chats get busy. In Ettenmoors you won't be hated for chatting a lot, but in PvE areas people tend to like to see limited chatting, and possibly only referring to what the chat is meant for. However if you always keep friendly you can hardly do harm.

One possibility is that you make your own channel for some kind of chatting you like and invite people who are interested.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

What's the most populated EU server? Also, I am looking for a guild too.