Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open World PVP

BaconJA89BaconJA89 Member Posts: 118

As a former Dark Age of Camelot player, I'm really looking for an MMO with viable end game open world PVP.

Is there a PVP server or a server where most of the PVP guilds are?  I know Aion's open world PVP is similar mechanically to DAOC (sieges, relics, etc) but what do you actually get for capturing a fort?

Thanks in advance!

Would be great to get some input from other ex-DAoC players too.

Comments

• Sorrows101Sorrows101 Member Posts: 23

for capturing forts you get medals that are used to buy PVP gears

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

yes aion its the PvP game for you , you have dredgions L46+ (similar to battlegrounds), rifts, at least in heiron /beluslan the atack penalty its gone, the sieges (ZERGvZERG), gank (Abyss and Baularea), right now its aboost on player bases since they give reactivation and people are enjoying the game more than ever.

Just remember , if you want to be a pro you need to have at least the L40 elite PvP gear, and right now its easier to get it

• BaconJA89BaconJA89 Member Posts: 118

Thanks for the info Pedro, probably going to play this.

• BaconJA89BaconJA89 Member Posts: 118

Also, can forts be captured by legions? In Dark Age of Camelot my guild also had a sense of pride if it had it's own keep. We could even upgrade it too.

What can you do once you own a keep?

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by BaconJA89

Also, can forts be captured by legions? In Dark Age of Camelot my guild also had a sense of pride if it had it's own keep. We could even upgrade it too.

What can you do once you own a keep?

yes the most dps alliance(legion) capture and had his name on it, capture the fortress (get a lots of medals and kinah) and after , they can defend and get medals/kinah and ap's for that

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

Originally posted by pedrostrik

yes aion its the PvP game for you , you have dredgions L46+ (similar to battlegrounds), rifts, at least in heiron /beluslan the atack penalty its gone, the sieges (ZERGvZERG), gank (Abyss and Baularea), right now its aboost on player bases since they give reactivation and people are enjoying the game more than ever.

Just remember , if you want to be a pro you need to have at least the L40 elite PvP gear, and right now its easier to get it

I personally didn't go much on the Abyss (zergs) or the Dredgion (was just pre-mades with maxed gear and sin's ninjaing points), but found Rift / World PVP enjoyable in Aion.

So what's the deal with rifts in Aion now? So they still have them in the upper levels, but removed them in the lower levels to stop them carebears from crying foul?

Cheers.