Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Dust 514 to be Exclusive PS3 Title

124»

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Christopher8

So when CCP showed the Demo and the dev using a XBox controller to play that was just a giant middle finger?

Also I find it very hard to believe that Dust and EVE will be sharing the same Server and somehow CCP will not be sharing player info with Sony. One hack is all it takes.

Why would CCP need to share EVE account info with Sony?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by satch95

after several years of playing, the've thrown me under the bus. i'm not getting one of those cute little boxes.  so that's the end of my EVE subscription

It was fun while it lasted.

pity...

Are you an only child? Did you accuse your mother of "throwing you under a bus" for having other children?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Malcanis

So when CCP showed the Demo and the dev using a XBox controller to play that was just a giant middle finger?

Also I find it very hard to believe that Dust and EVE will be sharing the same Server and somehow CCP will not be sharing player info with Sony. One hack is all it takes.

CCP won't be sharing account info on Eve accounts with Sony.. but.. they will probably have to with Dust.. just to get the Microtransaction bit to work, as i think thats using Sony's online services.. ... scary isnt it..  yet another recipe for disaster imo.. at the moment i'd lay fairly heavy odds that one of the reasons that Dust is going to be a PS3 exclusive.. is because that means that when the game turns out to be a collosal flop.. they can blame it on Sony... ... and probably be believed..image

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by Malcanis

CCP won't be sharing account info on Eve accounts with Sony.. but.. they will probably have to with Dust.. just to get the Microtransaction bit to work, as i think thats using Sony's online services.. ... scary isnt it..  yet another recipe for disaster imo.. at the moment i'd lay fairly heavy odds that one of the reasons that Dust is going to be a PS3 exclusive.. is because that means that when the game turns out to be a collosal flop.. they can blame it on Sony... ... and probably be believed..image

I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but I dont quite understand what you mean. EVE players routinely trade PLEX with each other without requiring account information to be exposed. They do this via the medium of the EVE market and through the Contracts system. I dont think it would be a very great technical challenge for CCP to enable EVE players and Dust player to trade AUR with each other through pretty much the same mechanisms.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

As a CCP customer, their decision to not primarily develop this for PC does not make me happy. There is no chance of me buying a PS3 to play this, so I will continue to give my money to activision for Battlefield instead.

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

There's a pretty good interview here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/08/interview-ccp-on-dust-514-and-eve/

I especially like how they ask not once but twice about the lack of PC support.  They also go into more depth about lack of 360 support, and no it's not because MS CB them.  

Oh, count me as another disapointed EVE player that hoped they would change there minds regarding PC support, but totally shocked it lacks 360.  

How many people love the idea EVE Online but hate it's current gameplay?  Dust might have been a good way to brings those players into the fold and give existing players something totally different to play while still contributing to the EVE universe.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

After all of the problems Sony has had with the security of its Oniine services, hopefully CCP will not end up seriously regratting its decision to go exclusinvely to the PS3.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

I tihnk the main reason they are not pushing Dust to PC is to minimize the reduction to the EVE population, who i expect are mostly PC-only players.

Besides, gamers are whiners and typically full of shit lol at least half the people to decry they won't play Dust WILL play Dust...if not more.

The concept behind this game is just too damn cool and exciting...it will either be amazingly successful, or a complete bomb...no middle ground.

The problem with multi-player games like battlefield, is there is no depth behind the fight...no goals, no objectives...this concept changes all of that.....you finally have a reason to fight beyond your ranking and the next fight.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature