Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Dust 514 to be Exclusive PS3 Title

Comments

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

Originally posted by Papadam

Its just for the xbox fans to realize that all you get is a gimmicky toy (kinect) while ps3 get all the good exclusive game.

PS3 have sold more than the 360 and the gap is increasing.

Yes, Halo on PS3 - oh wait.

Source on sales?

Eleanor Rigby.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

http://www.vgchartz.com/

A site with TONS of great info

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by Spiritof55

I see alot of comments concerning the game on ps3.  Apparently if its on ps3 it will fail.  The ps3 leads the 360 everywhere except NA.  NA is the only place, marginally, where the adbox rules.  Last I checked (month or so ago) the ps3 leads in worldwide sales.

According to the link you just posted, Xbox is ahead of PS3 by almost 4 million units, and I doubt anything caused them to sell 4 million units in one month :)

And It's kind of funny to see the Wii trounching them both soundly!

As for Dust 514 on a console, I was meh about it to begin with. Console shooters just aren't fun to me.  I prefer them for RPGs, fighting games, and racing sims, while PC's are superior for FPS, MMO, and RTS. This is just my opinion though.

• VerterdegeteVerterdegete Member UncommonPosts: 247

Sorry to dissapoint you man. Xbox leads by 4-5 million. It's official, and you can find it on many sources.

The ps3 lead in sales for that month, I hadn't checked the data in a while.  What you're refering to is total worldwide sales till now.  So even if the ps3 did pass the 360 and according to some sources it did that would not mean it leads in total all time wordwide sales.  It would take the ps3 surpassing the adbox many months for it to have the all time record.

• KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151

World sales of ps3 units throw a shadow on the xbox sales and laughs. The ONLY place the xbox sold more units (and this is going on a good few years ago) is the US because US consumers don't do their research and think, they go for the gimicky and "popular". How's that rrod working for you? How many xbox have you gone through because it crapped out on you? It's been 5 years (give or take a year) since I've bought my ps3, and I'm still using that very same one. The only downside to the ps3 atm is sony's lack of security and declaring war on all hackers. You can search for the graphs and what not as I have done a long time ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

According to Microsoft, sales for xbox 360 are record high, while the PS3 is loosing the battle.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/06/03/microsoft-has-sold-55-million-xbox-360s-in-the-us/

Originally posted by Koddo

World sales of ps3 units throw a shadow on the xbox sales and laughs. The ONLY place the xbox sold more units (and this is going on a good few years ago) is the US because US consumers don't do their research and think, they go for the gimicky and "popular". How's that rrod working for you? How many xbox have you gone through because it crapped out on you? It's been 5 years (give or take a year) since I've bought my ps3, and I'm still using that very same one. The only downside to the ps3 atm is sony's lack of security and declaring war on all hackers. You can search for the graphs and what not as I have done a long time ago.

Dude, Xbox sold more xopies worldwide. Check ANY source. Also, motherboards on Xbox 360 were changed years ago. Chances for RROD are less then 1%.

• Roadkill2000Roadkill2000 Member Posts: 32

As for why its not for both Consoles, how many times has Microsoft denied games on their system because its not how they like it and for why its not on PC over Console. Well if u have to ask urself that one then u dont know business and gaming in general. While i love the way PCs are unlimited in their upgradability, most people dont want to mess with them and want to put in a disk and play or simply upload something and there they go. PCs have so many different configurations that they actually are a headache for most developers and regular gamers to mess with. Consoles are the leaders in making money on game sales and it wont change as long as PCs have such a learning curve and while most PC gamers say dont be ignorant and do it yourself, most people dont give a shit about seeing that extra pixel or shadow and just want to game. PCs while being better at bleeding edge tech will always fall behind on sales of gaming because consoles are just easy, and they make more money. Developers may make the games on PC but they know where the money flow is and that is what keeps them in jobs no matter how PC gaming fanboys feel.

Applications for MMO guilds??? Sorry not that pathetic just yet

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Treekodar

Its just for the xbox fans to realize that all you get is a gimmicky toy (kinect) while ps3 get all the good exclusive game.

Yes, Halo on PS3 - oh wait.

Source on sales?

Yea sorry, I must haave read that the sales in Europe. And the differnce isnt that big worldwide considering 360 was released about 16 months earlier.

But according to vg ps3 is outselling 360 in the us now.

And yea 360 got Halo 4 to look forward to... grats!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

http://n4g.com/news/779265/skyrim-e3-gameplay-footage

I'm aching for this game.

Absoutely amazing.

I've always liked bethesdas stuff but they have a bad habit of not addressing horrible bugs once their game is released or maybe they have icompetent programmers who can't do anything but program in directx.

omg, its at least 300 hours long.  Now THAT is a game worth 60 bucks, not these mutltimap fragfests with a 10 hour single player campaign.

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

Dust 514 was promoted as cross-console by CCP for 2+ years. Now all of sudden it's for a single console. The coolest part of the forumla is gone.

CCP apparently isn't being run by the sharpest tools in the shed.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Verterdegete

doesnt surprise me in the least, that the 360 is outselling the PS3... add in Sony's latest spate of security debacles, and people trading in their PS3's for Xbox's and you have a situation thats not looking very cheery for Sony at all, yet another factor in Sony's coffin imo.. the company has been losing money steadily for the last 3 years, hence all the layoffs, that Sony is factoring in to try and turn that around, all i see is that buying exclusivity for the PS3 in dust is a last gasp, clutching at straws kind of thing.... for CCP to go along with it .. is .. imo.. incredibly short sighted..  i can only think that CCP doesnt put any faith in Dust themselves.image

• N2stinctN2stinct Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Jetrpg

So basiclly. WTF?

So ccp has basically given up on improving eve. i say this is the main salvo in the sinking of the ship known as eve.

Tons of eve players money and dev time gone to make a game for people who don't play eve... yeah ill stand by it CCP has lost its mind.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/14/view/news/read/20807/EVE-Online-Incarna-Site-Goes-Live.html

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I really don't feel like trusting Sony with any personal information any more, guess I won't be playing this.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MMOGamer6MMOGamer6 Member Posts: 8

going to be micrtransaction game selling top level items in the store

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/07/playstation-3-players-are-our-minions-dust-514-is-a-ps3-exclusive/

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Vandarix

Lol i love the Xbox/PC comments. When they Announced Dust 514, they clearly stated that it would be on console only and exclusive to the PS3. Its one of the reasons I went out and bought a PS3 in the first place.. Now I disagree with it not being available to PC. However, the Xbox I'm glad it's not for Xtards

No they didn't dust has been in the works for a long time and at it start nothign of this sort was mentioned .

Originally posted by elocke

People getting upset need to check themselves.  First, obviously the target crowd for Dust is console players.  Second, it's exclusively LAUNCHING on PS3, which allows for expansion to other consoles or PC down the road.  Third, I like how they plan to split the 2 in such a way, it makes it more "realistic".  You truly will be playing a different game but communicating with those clones flying around above.  It lends to a singular atmosphere.  Oh, and I have a PS3 and a PC so I can play the FPS and the original EVE, so...what's the problem?  I can't wait to play it, I just hope the combat and controls are as fluid as CoD.

Oh ok, it might be released on the pc in the future.... It might not be.

I like how a game taking place in the same world , which effect each other cannot actually be played by the same people this si realistic? I mean cannot i get off my ship and help out on a planet ... no that wouldn't be realistic.... Wait yes it would. So why is it more realistic? Becuase its pretty much not in anyway i can tell.

It does lend to a singular atmosphere and experience. So why not remove all pve, manufacturing, science, politics, markets, stations, etc from eve this would accomplish an even more singular atmosphere and experience.... because that is what you want in an mmo right?

Dust is trash its a waste of the money eve players have paid, and they will get no return from it, despite ongoing costs to it.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RianRian Member Posts: 17

The real complaint EVE players have is that we don't like CCP wasting resources that we paid for being wasted on a game that no one is going to play. It is guaranteed that CCP will force us to rely on these Dust players, so when the game underperforms (which it will) and then eventually dies (console shooters have terrible shelf lives) we get stuck with yet another unusable feature. This is something we have been complaining about since Dust was announced, but it is A LOT worse now that the considerably larger 360 playerbase is locked out. I don't know anyone who trusts Sony with their CC info anymore.

Meanwhile, things that have needed fixing for years continue to get ignored. I'd bet the next QEN shows a subscriber drop in EVE, even with Incarna.

Originally posted by Rian

The real complaint EVE players have is that we don't like CCP wasting resources that we paid for being wasted on a game that no one is going to play. It is guaranteed that CCP will force us to rely on these Dust players, so when the game underperforms (which it will) and then eventually dies (console shooters have terrible shelf lives) we get stuck with yet another unusable feature.

If the game is good, people will play it for long time. I play Halo 3 multiplayer  (released 2007), and there are still around 25000 concurrent players in US primetime. That's around 100 000 players in total. For refference, EVE has a bit more than 300 000 subscribers.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

• satch95satch95 Member Posts: 9

after several years of playing, the've thrown me under the bus. i'm not getting one of those cute little boxes.  so that's the end of my EVE subscription

It was fun while it lasted.

pity...

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118

FPS on console great !

Oh wait

• Christopher8Christopher8 Member Posts: 134

So when CCP showed the Demo and the dev using a XBox controller to play that was just a giant middle finger?

Also I find it very hard to believe that Dust and EVE will be sharing the same Server and somehow CCP will not be sharing player info with Sony. One hack is all it takes.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Some facts that some people in this thread seem to be unaware of:

(1) Dust wasn't developed with "your" money. It was developed with CCP's money. When you pay your subscription, you're paying for the right to access the game & test server (subject to T&Cs) and that's it. If CCP want to use the money on a 6' high pile of blow and then roll around in it all day, then that's their right. You are not entitled to say what they spend that money on, any more than your boss gets to say what you spend your salary on.

(2) CCP have the right to attract customers that aren't you. You are not entitled to have them solely develop the game you play or games you want to play on platforms you prefer. The console market is big. CCP want a piece of it. Deal with it.

(3) Dust is developed on the Unreal 3 engine. It is (relatively) easy for CCP Shanghai to make this work on both the Xbox-360 or the PS-3. Anyone who seriously thinks that CCP wanted to exclude the 360 at launch needs to take a step back. The reason it's not launching on the 360 is that Microsoft have extremely strict policies that basically make it impossible for CCP to use the 360 Live service for the game they've developed. There are a few games that were allowed exceptions to these rules, but they were launched early on, by companies with far more clout than CCP. CCP didn't reject the 360; Microsoft effectively rejected Dust. So direct your :rage: at MS, not CCP for this.

Give me liberty or give me lasers