Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Dust 514 to be Exclusive PS3 Title

Comments

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

<<< LOL'd at announcement.

<<< PS3 owner.

<<< EVE player.

Why not?

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by Binny45

Hmm, why would you introduce this on PC when you already have your cashflow coming from there?

Also, PS3 hardware specs are indeed better, and the Bluray discs simply means less discs needed to run the game.

It's purely logistical.

Forgot to add.. Dust client will be downloaded off the PSN marketplace.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Well they've made my decision for me GW2 will be the only game I will be playing on 2012 once it releases. I've been looking forward to this game for atleast 3 years now, and they've always said it was going to be console specific, but that it would be on all of the consoles. I had planned on playing both Dust and Eve, now with these changes you definitly couldnt pay me to touch Dust with a 10 foot poll, PS3 is just pure garbage.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Eve is on PC and DUST will not be on PC. Yeah, makes perfect sense to me! image

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Dust 514 is a project that was designed for console from the start it shouldn't be a surprise.  I love how bent out of shape people get.

Originally posted by Yamota

Eve is on PC and DUST will not be on PC. Yeah, makes perfect sense to me! image

Expanding to a platform that has maybe 2 years life until the PS4 is released makes a lot more sense.. lol

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member Posts: 1,880

Kinda laughed when they said it was for the ps3 only. Do they not wanna have a good amount of people playing it. Not knocking the ps3 but from a business standpoint it makes little sense leaving out a system that has more players.

They've said from the start it would be console only, makes sense, they are being smart about it and trying to get more customers, not get their same customers to play their game in a diffrent way.

But to go specific to one console is dumband originally was not the plan,  I can almost bet its only because Sony offered them more money then they could scoff at to make it exclusive to them with all the hate and issues PSN is having.

• archer75archer75 Member UncommonPosts: 157

I had thought they said way back when dust 514 was initially announced that it was going to be xbox only.  I was going to play it but I don't have a PS3 and have no intention of getting one.

Tribes 2 is back!!!! http://www.tribesnext.com/
    And from the makers of tribes: Fallen Empire: Legions http://www.instantaction.com/

Originally posted by Dalgor,  I can almost bet its only because Sony offered them more money then they could scoff at to make it exclusive to them with all the hate and issues PSN is having.

Doubt very much sony would pay CCP anything.. lol

“When we set out to build a true persistent shooter for consoles, it was evident that Sony's dedication to providing a flexible and MMO-friendly platform --alongside a robust virtual goods business model-- made the PlayStation 3 the natural home for DUST 514,"

http://www.dust514.org/component/content/article/34-news/66-dust-514-press-release

Originally posted by Precusor

Originally posted by Dalgor,  I can almost bet its only because Sony offered them more money then they could scoff at to make it exclusive to them with all the hate and issues PSN is having.

“When we set out to build a true persistent shooter for consoles, it was evident that Sony's dedication to providing a flexible and MMO-friendly platform --alongside a robust virtual goods business model-- made the PlayStation 3 the natural home for DUST 514," said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. "CCP's ambition is to bring a level of truly meaningful, persistent gameplay to the PlayStation 3 never before seen."

You must be seriously kidding yourself lol, Dust 514 has been a huge game name for a while now, and is gaurenteed to being in a large playerbase, and they've always said it was going to be both Xbox and Sony consoles, now all of a sudden in the midst of Sony getting raped left and right, this huge title becomes PS3 exclusive, and you dont think Sony payed them any money to make that happen?  I'll go with that idea when I eat lucky charms and shit a pot of gold.

P.S. If you believe that last phrase in your post then you much be completly unawares of the Gaming Politics that goes into these kinda decisions.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Dust 514

ps3  1        adbox 0

FF14

ps3  2        adbox 0

The agency

ps3  3        adbox  0

DCU

ps3  4        adbox 0

Well adbox users are getting youtube, the bing search engine and a speech search feature with kinnect so its not all bad......bad yes but not all bad

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

Originally posted by archer75

I had thought they said way back when dust 514 was initially announced that it was going to be xbox only.  I was going to play it but I don't have a PS3 and have no intention of getting one.

I thought the same and was really looking forward to playing. But, like you, I don't intend to purchase a PS3 for one game. Well, let me rephrase, my wife does not intend to let me purchase a console in order to play one game :P. 

At any rate, I hope the game does well enoguh whereever it lands. As I said in another thread, it would suck to get the Dust features in EvE just to have them rendered useless by a product failure. While I might not be playing Dust, hopefully it enriches my experience in EvE anyhow :)

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Didnt the agency get cancelled? and ff14 got postponed indefinitely. 

And yes we have known fhis to be a console exclusive since they first talked about it o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• yevoc42yevoc42 Member Posts: 34

Separating Dust onto the PS3 pretty much confirms my fears that space and planets will never merge the way a good sci-fi MMO does.

I'm really unhappy how the scifi MMO genre has taken a nosedive and has continued to dig lower starting with SWG.  I want SPACE, PLANETS, and to be able to walk around a damn ship with other player crewmembers!

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

On a game like this, with a PC fan base, exclusivity is a joke.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Originally posted by Spiritof55

Dust 514

ps3  1        adbox 0

FF14

ps3  2        adbox 0

The agency

ps3  3        adbox  0

DCU

ps3  4        adbox 0

Well adbox users are getting youtube, the bing search engine and a speech search feature with kinnect so its not all bad......bad yes but not all bad

Of that list, everything but Dust 514 is garbage, I do hope the game does great, its just a kick in the nuts to the majority of people waiting for the game.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Dalgor

Originally posted by Precusor

“When we set out to build a true persistent shooter for consoles, it was evident that Sony's dedication to providing a flexible and MMO-friendly platform --alongside a robust virtual goods business model-- made the PlayStation 3 the natural home for DUST 514," said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. "CCP's ambition is to bring a level of truly meaningful, persistent gameplay to the PlayStation 3 never before seen."

You must be seriously kidding yourself lol, Dust 514 has been a huge game name for a while now, and is gaurenteed to being in a large playerbase, and they've always said it was going to be both Xbox and Sony consoles, now all of a sudden in the midst of Sony getting raped left and right, this huge title becomes PS3 exclusive, and you dont think Sony payed them any money to make that happen?  I'll go with that idea when I eat lucky charms and shit a pot of gold.

P.S. If you believe that last phrase in your post then you much be completly unawares of the Gaming Politics that goes into these kinda decisions.

well.. i was kind of hoping that something positive would come out of Dust514... now.. all i see is an epic fail scenario... limiting the game to the ps3... when the ps3 isnt even the most popular console.. is.. remarkably short sighted..  so the only real reason i can think of is that Sony must have bought their way into it.. though why CCP would accept such a deal.. just have to wonder...  not that i think that limiting the game even to the xbox would have been a good thing..  i really don't know what CCP have in mind... but i can't see it being a success. very dissapointing.image

Originally posted by yevoc42

Separating Dust onto the PS3 pretty much confirms my fears that space and planets will never merge the way a good sci-fi MMO does.

I'm really unhappy how the scifi MMO genre has taken a nosedive and has continued to dig lower starting with SWG.  I want SPACE, PLANETS, and to be able to walk around a damn ship with other player crewmembers!

Same here.

totally agree

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

so PS3 exclusive and microtransaction driven.. if ever there was a recipe for disaster.. its written in bold print on this one.. but.. it won't be released until at least summer of 2012.. well.. best keep their fingers crossed that sony is still in business by then.. after all the company has only been losing money steadily for the last 3 years right...  but.. even if sony is still around by this time next year.... in what way is this game even going to be remotely successful? about all that i see coming of this is that PI will be largely abandoned by Eve players... which is the whole point of Dust anyway...  this is just turning into an epic fail situation... never thought i'd think that about CCP... .. the only way this could actually get any worse is for them to announce that WoD is coming out on the console too..image

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I like this idea. I hope CCP does really well!

Originally posted by Dalgor

As far as i can tell from their facebook and dust fansites.. game seems to be a huge flop with a minuscule following.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

I see alot of comments concerning the game on ps3.  Apparently if its on ps3 it will fail.  The ps3 leads the 360 everywhere except NA.  NA is the only place, marginally, where the adbox rules.  Last I checked (month or so ago) the ps3 leads in worldwide sales.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Its just for the xbox fans to realize that all you get is a gimmicky toy (kinect) while ps3 get all the good exclusive game.

PS3 have sold more than the 360 and the gap is increasing.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd