Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Fireside Chat Coming Tuesday

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Fallen Earth team is teasing its player base with the revelation that there will be a major announcement coming during regular maintenance on Tuesday. In order to get the information "straight from the source", Senior Game Designer Marie “Aro Sei” Croall will be hosting a live dev chat via UStream on Tuesday, May 31st.

Visit http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fallen-earth-community to listen and participate in the chat, or for those of you wastelanders that are more vocally inclined, use the Ventrilo channel information provided below to interact with Marie during the show:

Host: vent10.gameservers.com

Port 4206

No password

Read more on the Fallen Earth site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Free2Play as i can say.....i hope

• EinsamWulfEinsamWulf Member Posts: 69

I hope not....

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    EinsamWulf- Legionnaire of Terminus
  • Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156

I hope so, Speaking of which How big is the current Player base on this game? I haven't played since Beta and have been wondering...

J. B.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Jester92

I hope so, Speaking of which How big is the current Player base on this game? I haven't played since Beta and have been wondering...

The largest amount of players are in sector 1.

The games over all player base is quiet small I'm afraid, I recommend making friends fast and or joining a clan.

The game setting sorta lends itself to the small player base thou and is not effected by it at all.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I would bet free to play.

The already tried a store, and it flopped,then tired  Bloodsports and it flopped.  Let go half the dev team, that did not work either.

Not much else they can do other than increase the price of the sub or put an end to the game. 

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I hope FE survives, ironic.

But seriously it is a fun game and had so many good ideas behind it.  Also S1 has some of the best ambience of any game I've ever played(AZ native), guess we'll see.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Also S1 has some of the best ambience of any game I've ever played(AZ native)...

Very well said.

Joined - July 2004

• ManioxManiox Member Posts: 25

Fallen earth please go F2P, been following you since the announcement and i would be extremely sad if this game would die considering its low playerbase, also the fact that the game would be way funnier with more players around.

no i

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

I would't mind this game going F2p or Even B2p

I just hate item shops when it comes to f2p :(

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

why would you want it going f2p ? This would ruin the community this game has one of better community and if it went f2p that would ruin it, also there is no game that is really free you still will  have to pay for content, I doubt its going free to play anyways.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Originally posted by syrusmag3

I would't mind this game going F2p or Even B2p

I just hate item shops when it comes to f2p :(

How else do you expect them to make money? Do you work for free? Well its either  they charge for content or charge for monthly fees, to make a game like fallen earth is not cheap nor is the team they are paying. So until you work for free don't expect other companys and people to work for free.

• hasaosanhasaosan Member UncommonPosts: 13

fallen earth is just a fail attempt at making a fallout online

THO regardless of this if this game DOES go F2P ill SO be there :D i did like the game back in the day :D

nothin better then owning foolz foolsih enough to wonder into the Open PVP areas :D

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

if fallen earth had xsyon's building aspects then FE would just be freakin fun! (plus being able to chop trees down , make tools etc)

• Axiom3000Axiom3000 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by SBFord

there will be a major announcement coming during regular maintenance on Tuesday

so!?

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

why would you want it going f2p ? This would ruin the community this game has one of better community and if it went f2p that would ruin it

Oh no, they don't want the masses joining. Heaven forbid. Keep it for a handful of wonderful community types.