Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game was not ready for Open Beta.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Prius Online came open beta today, and I was really excited to try the game, but I found out today that the game on todays Open Beta Launch day was a failure.

1. As soon as I tried to play the game, I experienced Long Wait times for it to load 60 Seconds Maybe 120 Seconds, Longer than any other MMORPG I have played.

2. The game itself has a Blinking Cursor bug which they have not respond in over 8 hours of what the problem is, could be Operating System Related, Processor, or Video Card Related, but it displays 3 curosors instead of one, The Windows Loading Cursor, The Game Cursor, and the default windows pointer which is insane.

3. Walking in the game for 1.5 Seconds is fine but after that LAG Spikes everywhere the game is not playable because I can't even walk around without lag, even on the lowest graphics setting.

4. That I could see right off no way to rotate a character during character creation to see the back side of your character.

Oh and the Requirements to play this game is an OLD Pentium 4 Processor, and it says on their site even a 7800 GT  Graphics Card by Nvidia can play the game, so MY computer is way over their requirements and I await to see if they fix the game any better tomorrow before actually trying the game and seeing if it is worth playing.

These are bugs that should have been fixed during Closed Beta but were not.

I still await new MMORPG's to come out subscription based ones without cash shops, and Milking Customers of money.

Comments

• MikkhailMikkhail Member Posts: 21

Prius Online = Absolute Train Wreck.

Uninstalled after about 30 minutes of (attempted) play.

• niteWhislerniteWhisler Member Posts: 42

i dont have any of those "bugs" u mentioned

cant say much about this game cuz i have maybe 10h of gameplay

but so far its not bad, but nothing special either

well personaly i dont like such a "slow paced" combat so i probably wont play this for much longer

man thats really slow paced combat, takes almost 1 min to kill lvl 2 mob O.o

• ekifekif Member UncommonPosts: 9

The loading time for the game is pretty bad. It threw me off because I kept thinking the game had locked up and then finally I read where they suggested you wait. I think it may be related to that single 2.6gb dat file.

I wish the resolutions worked right. On mine, the text is all blurry and small. I have to squint to make things out. On other games, its fine.

I could walk around fine but combat was laggy for me. I think this game could be good if they can iron out these issues and dont file it under "working as intended".

• niteWhislerniteWhisler Member Posts: 42

ill just add

through quests ull get anima and giant(or something like that)

pretty much anima is something like pran in Aika and this Giant thing something like possesion beast in Requiem

every thing else seems just like in any other mmorpg

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70

You're right, but for the wrong reasons.  I've certainly not encountered any of the issues you raised, save for the terrible character creator.  First off I selected a character to find any changes I might have made hidden behind the text boxes.  Rolling my eyes and eyeing the uninstall button while I browsed the forums for a solution I stuck with it for a bit longer.

I was subjected to a brief, wholly nonsensical and largely irrelevant intro full of spelling mistakes and woeful localisation.  Given an option to play through the prologue I wish I hadn't bothered; it was just as useless at explaining the plot to me and gave absolutely no hint as to how the game worked.

Next I awoke somewhere, blessed with a short explanation that I had fallen into a tired plot mechanic and lost my memory.  Rather than teach me about how to operate the basic skills at my disposal, and upgrade them, I was told to sod off and go help some villagers.

Now I don't like to be spoon-fed, but a brief lesson in how to work the game would have been nice.  Hopefully one I can read without my eyes bleeding as I slam my face into the wall at text reminiscent of an infant gibbon playing with an ancient typewriter missing half the keys.

Combat is dull, the quests are nothing new, the supposed plot-related quests are indiscernable from the others save for a nice flashy message telling you that you're doing one.  I'd go a lot further than say it isn't ready for OBT; it shouldn't have been released at all.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by treelo

You're right, but for the wrong reasons.  I've certainly not encountered any of the issues you raised, save for the terrible character creator.  First off I selected a character to find any changes I might have made hidden behind the text boxes.  Rolling my eyes and eyeing the uninstall button while I browsed the forums for a solution I stuck with it for a bit longer.

I was subjected to a brief, wholly nonsensical and largely irrelevant intro full of spelling mistakes and woeful localisation.  Given an option to play through the prologue I wish I hadn't bothered; it was just as useless at explaining the plot to me and gave absolutely no hint as to how the game worked.

Next I awoke somewhere, blessed with a short explanation that I had fallen into a tired plot mechanic and lost my memory.  Rather than teach me about how to operate the basic skills at my disposal, and upgrade them, I was told to sod off and go help some villagers.

Now I don't like to be spoon-fed, but a brief lesson in how to work the game would have been nice.  Hopefully one I can read without my eyes bleeding as I slam my face into the wall at text reminiscent of an infant gibbon playing with an ancient typewriter missing half the keys.

Combat is dull, the quests are nothing new, the supposed plot-related quests are indiscernable from the others save for a nice flashy message telling you that you're doing one.  I'd go a lot further than say it isn't ready for OBT; it shouldn't have been released at all.

This, and the voice acting was god aweful. I wonder if they even paid for voice actors or if they just got the illiterate people who translated it to do the voice acting? At least one of the voice actors read the grammatical errors as if they weren't there, and a lot of the voice actors were monotoned -.-

I've seen better fan dubs! No voice acting at all would have been better than that. Also, during cut scenes, the words go by *way* too fast. Sure, I can read them if I read faster than most people can talk. When you read dialogue, you're supposed to read as fast as the person would be speaking, not 300 words a minute :X It's supposed to be like a movie playing out in your head.

And the combat's complete crap :X  The "revolutionary 3C combat system" doesn't let you control three characters at once, either. You get a sprite that buffs & heals you and you get the equivalent of a transformation(Gigas, you control them instead of your character). It's nothing new. The combat animations did look good for duel swords though :X

It's still in open beta, but I doubt they'll fix the voice acting, and it wouldn't be the first time that a game's grammatical and spelling errors existed from launch to death.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

• RojadaRojada Member Posts: 1

I have had none of the issues you mentioned. Loading times are almost instant for me and the game runs fine on max graphics. Combat can feel a little slow at lower levels but it is actually quite fast paced once you unlock a couple of your skills and learn how the combo system works. As a level 30 gladiator I'm killing mobs my level in 3-4 hits which is about 5 seconds if my skills chain. I downloaded this game expecting it to suck like all of the other f2p mmo's I've played but I gave it a chance I've been really enjoying it so far. It certainly has a lot of potential.