Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Beta!

EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137

Altough beta was short and sweet i think this was the best beta 3 stage ive ever been in. At first when the first day arrived i was scared that this beta was a fail but when they fixed the first bug they came apon,the game ran smoothly and was basically awsome.Cant wait till OB to get back in there and save the world!

Comments

• urdrielurdriel Member UncommonPosts: 31

reallly?? i have some friends that tried the beta and........Superlag all time........................

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

The first time I could connect was Sunday. But once I got in had a really good time. Ran very smoothly for me. Not as many bugs to report as I first feared. Looking forward to the next stage.

• rik666rik666 Member Posts: 69

i had some FPS drops but nothing serious.

• MayadevaMayadeva Member Posts: 21

I played saturday night and sunday, and all went smooth. No lag at all, even in super crowded stations.

Playing a summoner, and found pets more responsive and faster than old game; the minibosses appearing every 50 kills dropped a lot of nice stuff :)

Yes, is an old game, random generated maps, some old mechanics...but the atmosphere is amazing and is very funny to play.

Can't wait for next beta, and raise my char a bit further.

My summoner :)

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by urdriel

reallly?? i have some friends that tried the beta and........Superlag all time........................

They need to upgrade their ISP because there was no lag on my 40MBPS connection down here in Florida on Saturday evening/night.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

No lag for me either and my pc is a bit rubbish tbh. I really enjoyed playing also and cant wait for the next round:)

• ClattucClattuc Member UncommonPosts: 163

One thing I noticed in the process list was that the Hellgate EXE was using about 1.2GB of memory.  I think it swapped out on me a few times like when I went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee; when it did, getting the game back was brutal.  I wonder if some people's "lag" or "freezes" might have been memory related.

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

The game ran flawlessly on my comp. I had a blast playing the game again. 

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

So is this open world gameplay or like GW where you group up in a town to do missions?

Never played..always wanted to. I prefer open world , but if its not..as long ss its fun i can look past that part i guess.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Does this game have any PVP?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by urdriel

There was barely any lag at all. Nice troll post!

• markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Agreed..I'm running xp on an AMD 3400+ with an ATI 1550x card with 512 mb rm and 2 gigs system ram..all went smooth, no lag

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

first of all, this is absolutely not my genre, I am not a shooter person, and not a post apocolyptic type of guy.

that being said, I had a TON of fun this weekend, and cant wait to play some more.  This game is a blast, the kill tracker for zone mini-s is awesome, took me a day + to learn about that.  The gear is cool, lots of different weapons and armor, all with + to different stats and even your skill tree which was awesome.

I played a summoner, and found a helmet that had +1 to a elemental that was like 4 ranks down, so I could have 1 of them along with my 6 tier 1 conjured elementals and my tank pet.

two thumbs up

to answer some questions, from what I saw its not open world, its more GW type.

yes there is also instanced pvp

and had 0 lag whatsoever

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

No its like GW where you group up in town, grab your missions and zone into the mission area.. 

• I hope they bump it back up to Dx10 cuz the Dx9 left something to be said about it. Yeah I played it when it came out originally 3 years ago, but it just seems that the Dx10 that Flagship patched in made it look so much better before its demise.

Well it atleast was a nostalgia trip for me, and I enjoyed it. Not sure how it will play out for the long run, but I will probly hit it up again on release.

• DrSpankyDrSpanky Member Posts: 341

I'll have to check this one out again. Remember playing when it first came out. I had a blast, but didn't stay in it for some reason. Maybe when I try it again, I'll remember why I didn't stick around, or not.

It's a proven historical fact that beer saved humankind.