Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of coming back, questions!

StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

So i've been thinking of dusting off my rr8lx Merc but I had a few quick questions before I did if anyone could be so kind to awnser them.

Buffbots: Whats the situation with these now? Will I still need to find one to compete? (I'm sure I have one laying around, I had about 6 accounts by the time I quit)

Solo PvP vs. 8v8: There still 8mans running around? Do people do any pug 8mans these days? And how does the solo PvP fare these days? Is there still a lot of tower/keep/bridge humping?

Templates: My merc had a fairly epic MP template with GoV, Battler/Malice, couple ML drops, etc. I quit before CL10 came out, I believe? Would I need to get an intirely new template? or will the one I have be plenty sufficient still? I had capped/overcap'd str/con/dex and max resists and ToA stats, etc, just wondering if anything in the expansions afterwards have made new "mandatory items" ive heard theres a now item slot for mytharians? or somehting along those lines.

Population: The last time I played it was still fairly easy to run into PvP even in the off hours, is this still the case or does the game population only really shine during peak times?

Anyways, those are my questions thanks to all for providing any help you can =)

P.S. If I do resub, i'll probably be looking for a decent guild thats fairly active so if you play alb and know one, lemme know.

Comments

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

You can see the population on the right hand side of the page here:

http://www.camelotherald.com/news/index.php

As I write this at 1 in the morning, there are 1300 people on the Ywain server. Pretty decent!

I am trying to decide wether to come back to DAoC or try Age of Conan which is going free to play AND has a new hardcore PvP server starting up in a week so everyone starts on a level playing field.

• RavkeenRavkeen Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by UserNoName

So i've been thinking of dusting off my rr8lx Merc but I had a few quick questions before I did if anyone could be so kind to awnser them.

Buffbots: Whats the situation with these now? Will I still need to find one to compete? (I'm sure I have one laying around, I had about 6 accounts by the time I quit)

Buffbots are still around and a lot of people still use them. But Mythic did bring out npc buffs which are ok but not great.  People say they really suck but its a lot better than having nothing at all.  Also I can still kill people with npc buff so they are not to bad.

Solo PvP vs. 8v8: There still 8mans running around? Do people do any pug 8mans these days? And how does the solo PvP fare these days? Is there still a lot of tower/keep/bridge humping?

There is still humping that will never ever change. But solo pvp good luck with that one you might not live to long if your a none stealther.  But there are heavy rvr raiding I mean alb zerging during the primetime.

Templates: My merc had a fairly epic MP template with GoV, Battler/Malice, couple ML drops, etc. I quit before CL10 came out, I believe? Would I need to get an intirely new template? or will the one I have be plenty sufficient still? I had capped/overcap'd str/con/dex and max resists and ToA stats, etc, just wondering if anything in the expansions afterwards have made new "mandatory items" ive heard theres a now item slot for mytharians? or somehting along those lines.

They revamp all the astral gear so its kinda the best gear to roll with now. But the astral blades are very pricey. Also ML's are buyable just about everything has a currency TOA / SI also you can buy a lot of stuff with bounty points.

Population: The last time I played it was still fairly easy to run into PvP even in the off hours, is this still the case or does the game population only really shine during peak times?

The pop is very good on Ywain its just one big cluster so there is alway people to group with.

Anyways, those are my questions thanks to all for providing any help you can =)

P.S. If I do resub, i'll probably be looking for a decent guild thats fairly active so if you play alb and know one, lemme know.

Sorry but a hardcore Hibbie and if you do come back. Welcome Back to the game I will kill you on the battlefield. Maybe

Hi I'm Ravkeen! image

Emilia_Emi Lvl 56 Witch
    Now Playing : Black Desert Online
    "America is not at war, the US Military is at war, America is at the mall."

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I would suggest you to simply start playing the Trial and see for yourself if you still like the grafic-style. This was a major point when I took a look back after yeeears. Had everything different in my mind and it did not feel right, because I was used to play AoC etc in the past.

• GhavalGhaval Member UncommonPosts: 49

The game is alive and well. Your gear is probally so out dated now you would have to retemplet. But what you are in should serve well enough.

Grouping is easy for an alb, join one of the 3 BGs and get a get a gorup. Hib is a little harder. Mid is not to hard to get a group. Pleantly of 8 man action on mid. Alb is a zerg, hib is..something else depending on who logs in.

If you want to roll mid give me a shout and I can help you there.

• jonchicoinejonchicoine Member Posts: 77

Man, I had so much fun in Daoc... right up there with Asheron's Call!

RvR in Daoc (before all the expansions) has got to be the high point in 20+ years in the MMORPG genre!

Tempting to try it again... but i doubt there's any way to recapture that fun :(

• GhavalGhaval Member UncommonPosts: 49

Originally posted by jonchicoine

Man, I had so much fun in Daoc... right up there with Asheron's Call!

RvR in Daoc (before all the expansions) has got to be the high point in 20+ years in the MMORPG genre!

Tempting to try it again... but i doubt there's any way to recapture that fun :(

The fun is in you! come back and give it an honiest run. Join us in RvR we even have thid and molvik chars so we can help out our new members on the path.