Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honey, I Shrunk the PC!

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

"..... a breakthrough that might one day lead to high-powered computers the size of a postage stamp."

::::04:: link ::::04::

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    good find
  • Punkyman\,,/Punkyman\,,/ Member Posts: 17

That would be cool but it wouldn't cause you would probally loose it and it will cost like $10,000 or something.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by rathma

"..... a breakthrough that might one day lead to high-powered computers the size of a postage stamp."

would you still have posted it if this line wasn't there? "Results of the as-yet-unpublished study came together just weeks before Canadian researchers performed a similar feat using chemical means."

...lol

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

Ya very good find. That will push Amd and Intel to make even smaller cores thus pushing the envelope as far as proc's go. Wow. Imagine A processor equalling a amd 64 or a p4 the size of a dime or nickel.

Playing Fallen Earth.

• BalterBalter Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by Serien

would you still have posted it if this line wasn't there? "Results of the as-yet-unpublished study came together just weeks before Canadian researchers performed a similar feat using chemical means."

...lol

what's wrong with showing pride in our inventions here in canada?

the telephone, the zipper are only 2 of the most known and widely used inventions from canada...

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by comeasyouare
    link
    ...lol
    the telephone, the zipper are only 2 of the most known and widely used inventions from canada...

*Smacks forehead

The telephone was not invented by a Canadian, moron.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065
    Uhh.. excuse me proffessor brainiac..image
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Kiamde

link

...lol

*Smacks forehead

You caught that before I did.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• terstaxterstax Member Posts: 353

link
    ...lol

*Smacks forehead

Who was it invented by then?

• MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313

i doubt this will be for public sale i beat it for the miltary or for studied not for Me and the other people and anyways how will you play a mmo unless it has a screen and a keyboard etc

NOTE: never trust a google search image

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

some of you are ignorant
    Elisha Gray and Alexander Graham Bell invented the first working telephone in Canada you idiots.
    And they were both canadian citizens.
    So don't flame me because i know more than you.

Alexander Graham Bell was from Scotland and invented the telephone in Boston. The patent for the telephone was also made in Boston. Don't dig your grave any deeper, man.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

The first practical telephone was invented by two men of with the names Elisha Gray and Alexander Graham Bell, though Bell was able to patent the invention before Gray.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Aye, AG Bell lived in Ontario briefly, but he was indeed born in Scotland and had moved on from Ontario to Boston well before he got around to the phone.

Elisha Grey was born in Ohio and raised on a farm....

And lest we forget the little known 3rd contributor to the marvelous invention:

Antonio Meucci, an Italian immigrant, began developing the design of a talking telegraph or telephone in 1849. In 1871, he filed a caveat (an announcement of an invention) for his design of a talking telegraph. Due to hardships, Meucci could not renew his caveat. His role in the invention of the telephone was overlooked until the United States House of Representatives passed a Resolution on June 11, 2002, honoring Meucci's contributions and work.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

some of you are ignorant
    Elisha Gray and Alexander Graham Bell invented the first working telephone in Canada you idiots.
    And they were both canadian citizens.
    So don't flame me because i know more than you.

Alexander Graham Bell was from Scotland and invented the telephone in Boston. The patent for the telephone was also made in Boston. Don't dig your grave any deeper, man.

dude i wrote that than corrected myself like 2 minutes after, sorry image

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Hey hey! Stop hijacking my thread. It's about computers!

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server