Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Witcher 2

lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

very hard to play the game. Graphics are choppy when moving, mouse acts strange. Its a shame that they can release a game in this state and it is legal.

I know its not my pc

amd phenom black 2   x4 3.14ghz

evga gtx 295 co op

8gb ddr3 1600

win 7 64

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

Comments

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

make sure ubersampling is unchecked also unistall all nvidia 3D drivers, turn off UAC, run as admin. the game is graphicaly taxing you may have to turn stuff down too.

Im running it just fine.. the only problem Im having is unable to register the game and DL the free DLC

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• xantrisxantris Member Posts: 38

I'm not having any troubles, turn your graphics down to a level its playable at.  It's a sharp looking game, your aren't going to run it anywhere near top notch w/ that rig.

Turn off mouse smoothing in your config file.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I have the exact same graphics chipset. It's ... well, old now, especially now that I paired it with a 26" monitor. What I did is run the auto find best graphics settings and the game runs fine from that point on.

Time for me to seriously consider an upgrade :)

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Its your PC, not the game. Hate to break it to you.

I dont have an uber gaming rig and it runs great for me on High settings.

amd phenom x4 @ 2.6

8 gigs of ddr2 1066

win 7 64 bit

Sapphire 5850 vapor X ( overclocked a bit )

and  1.5 TB Western digital 7200 hard drive.

I have zero problems with this game, runs smooth for me and most others it seems. So its something on your end, not the game.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Have to say I agree with above poster.  I think it's your system.  I've seen post from people with systems lower then yours, that have no problem with the game on medium or high (and even a combination of medium/high) settings.  I can run the game just fine at 45/50 FPS with Ultra settings (minus the Ultra sampling). 

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Game runs smooth, it must be your old rig get AMD card instead:P

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

I've got almost the same rig (ATI card instead) and it runs just fine on 'high', must be your system.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I play on my laptop on high settings and get good performance.

i5 430M 2.27 GHz

4 GB DDR3

Nvidia 360M

Win 7 x64

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

in this game do you run a single character or a group of characters, similar to Dragon Age. I hate those games where I have to micromanage a whole group.

Also will it run fine on a 2600k OC 4.8ghz/8mb Cosair Vengeance RAM/GTX 570 Oc'd?

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by Nevulus

in this game do you run a single character or a group of characters, similar to Dragon Age. I hate those games where I have to micromanage a whole group.

Also will it run fine on a 2600k OC 4.8ghz/8mb Cosair Vengeance RAM/GTX 570 Oc'd?

Single character.

No upgrade that rig is outdated.

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271

Originally posted by Groovydutch

Single character.

No upgrade that rig is outdated.

Yeah seriously, he needs to overclock that Sandy Bridge to 8 or 9 ghz at least, and buy 2 or better yet 3 new GTX570's to be able to play this game. [Sarcasm off]

Actually, ubersampling is implemented for those who run big cards in Sli or crossfire, and you will have to turn that of. It's hardly a big deal as it's very little improvement for a whole lot of extra power needed.

As said, you play Geralt, a predefined character, which means that the focus is more on the story and less on the roaming freely hi-ho I'm a pirate wearing ninja clothes.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

You'll be able to run it on Uber easily. I do it with crossfired 6850s, X4 965 and 8 GB ram.