Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not looking to bad so far, of course it's cryptic so appearances can be deceiving.

DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I have never been a fan of their games but this is looking interesting, hopefully with all that's gone down this game will see the light of day.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1172727p1.html

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Comments

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

It's Crypic, so alot of things about them are deceiving to begin with.  But yeah, that's the Neverwinter game that was mentioned some time back.  I'm sure to steer clear of that thing as if it was the Plague.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

With the recent buy from perfect world, the game might turn out to be crap to be honest. It's a shame, cause I was always a NWN fan. Perfect World seems like a company that is more interested in grabbing easy money than making a trancendental game. We'll see I guess...

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Neverdyne

With the recent buy from perfect world, the game might turn out to be crap to be honest. It's a shame, cause I was always a NWN fan. Perfect World seems like a company that is more interested in grabbing easy money than making a trancendental game. We'll see I guess...

Before i read about that the other day i would probably have tried the game., now i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. There are many reasons to stay away from a game, perfect world being involved is high on the list in my book.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I would of had cryptic then the perfect world as well, sad as I did like some of cryptic's work but now with them selling there games off, there doomed for sure.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Who is publishing this game, is it Atari or PW? I remember reading when the split took place that development would continue as is. I figured that to mean the deal in place for the game would stay as is, as in Atari would still own the property rights to this game. Not to say Atari is any better than either Cryptic or PW. I would have figured they'd touch on that subject in the article linked above, I saw no mention of the buyout at all.

From the sound of it it's basically NWN with more of an online focus, and a more fluid combat system. I have little faith in Cryptic, yet at the same time I wonder if they may get something right for once. One can hope :).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• VenDyneVenDyne Member Posts: 51

It looks definitely worth it. NWN games usually are very good. As an MMORPG... it would depend...

Next thing to consider is if it'll be P2P or F2P. If it's gonna be F2P, the next thing that bears consideration is the publisher, as a LOT of international publishers tend to extort money from players, one way or the other.

Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

I'm not sure Cryptic wants to advertise that it's been sold ?  Like they've done with previous games they'll keep the details cloaked, as much as possible and then hope that people don't notice, and cash in as quickly as possible. It's their MO.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Now Now..LAst I heard they were renaming the genre they were in to "Cooperative Multiplayer Action Role Playing Games" and NOT labelling them as MMOs.  Im not sure if that changed but I remember them sayign that they dont plan to label Neverwinter as an MMO but as a co op rpg.

edit:

“The big change is the development philosophy. There are some more changes coming in terms of the games, but we’ll cover that in the months to come. The big change is that we’re not making MMOs, we’re making online multiplayer games.”

-Jack Emmert, CEO, Cryptic Studios.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

CO = strike 1

STO = strike 2

You know what happens with strike 3.....   they better get it right.

• Sourd420Sourd420 Member Posts: 63

Cant say i know what you all think, but the picture of that blue dragon had me impressed.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

I love the graphics. I don't like fighting in sewers and it looks like a lot will be fought there. Wish it would be like catacombs and crypts. I just hope it has some good dungeon designs that DDO has. I think Turbine makes the best dungeon crawls.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.