Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont usually say so, but..

keksbekkeksbek Member UncommonPosts: 25

WTF, this game kicks ass, didnt see anyone better since LOTR.

Just I dont know about PVP yet, but if it has PVP too, then it is here to stay imo.

Comments

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

What's good about it?

Slightly interested in trying it out (though I don't think it will deserve the usual subscription) but I want to hear from people enjoying it why I should...

• keksbekkeksbek Member UncommonPosts: 25

Originally posted by Spezz

What's good about it?

Slightly interested in trying it out (though I don't think it will deserve the usual subscription) but I want to hear from people enjoying it why I should...

Graphics is somehow similar with LOTR and lore seems based on Roman civilisation (something like Rome or Spartacus tv shows), at least for first 10 levels content seems pretty worked.

However, it has no PVP right now, and this is mandatory for me; Rome became Rome by kicking everyone else after all.. :)

Good part is that they seem to look into adding PVP.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

I like the game....cussing, and nudity, and you get NPC's to follow you around and help you. The only reason I haven't played more is since it is still beta I don't see many people online. Yes I know that attitude is WHY nobody is online lol, but it is worth a try atleast. A quick tip when making your guy....the colors you pick are the colors that your minions will wear also.

• DaniciaDanicia Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by keksbek

That's correct! Post launch, we're making a priority to get the Scout & Nomad balanced and into the game. Once we have that done, we definnitely want to work on some PVP. We have a LOT of people on our team who love PVP. I think you'll be pleased when you see what we come up with!

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

First things first : Make a game out of this mess.

Yes, it runs, and yes, you can play it, but there isn't ONE aspect that really works.

• SunSwordSunSword Member Posts: 43

We're on it.

Anthony Castoro
    EP, Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising
    http://www.godsandheroes.com
    CEO, Heatwave Interactive
    http://www.heatwave.com

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Originally posted by SunSword

We're on it.

First things first : Make a game out of this mess.

Yes, it runs, and yes, you can play it, but there isn't ONE aspect that really works.

Sunsword , don't listen to these negative responses, seems that people do not understand what " Beta " Means and when they get into a " Beta " they seem to think that it's the finished product and ready for shelfs.

I just tried out Gods And Heroes, been playing for afew hours, granted there are some bugs that need to be addressed and what I have been doing is reporting them on every turn I can! So to those of you that are complaining about the bugs and what not, instead of comming here and voicing those destructive  opions ( which we are entitled too ) report these bugs in the game and help the devs out, I'm sure that they would appreciate it!

• SunSwordSunSword Member Posts: 43
    Aeolron, the team is killing bugs by the scores right now. I'll post the "Open vs. Resolved" chart sometime this weekend. Thanks for the help!

Anthony Castoro
    EP, Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising
    http://www.godsandheroes.com
    CEO, Heatwave Interactive
    http://www.heatwave.com

• BelloficiBellofici Member UncommonPosts: 10

I don't post often if at all (as you can see from my post count) but I have to admit there is something admirable with seeing the CEO of a game company not only troll but also welcome the comments of potential players.  Lots of love for the community manager as well, but heck, isn't that part of her job?  :)

Just one of many examples that I've seen where, regardless of the success of GnH (and I hope it does well being a history buff), Heatwave is not only talking the talk when it comes to being community focused, they are walking the walk.  Kudos.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

What's good about it?

Graphics is somehow similar with LOTR and lore seems based on Roman civilisation (something like Rome or Spartacus tv shows), at least for first 10 levels content seems pretty worked.

However, it has no PVP right now, and this is mandatory for me; Rome became Rome by kicking everyone else after all.. :)

what ? graphics ? cheez i was in beta and graphics wasnt near even a bar to lotro. and game mechanics and whole gameplay quests and so on was total crap, reminded me slightly of age of conan but worse. this is just my first impressions of the game at beta and maybe its become much better since . but at that time it was bull**** , i was hoping something different from this since the mythology tho.

maybe i oughta try it again sometime to prove myself wrong or right.

cheers

• ActusActus Member UncommonPosts: 48

Being so harsh on a closed beta is just simply ridiculous.  Play if you want to help it's development and scope the potential.

No... graphics are not LOTR... but they're okay.  Lots of bugs... but lessening... and certainly playable.  It's fun and they are working hard to bring it to a releasable state.  Great work and keep it up!

Quick note though... it is tough in the beginning with no form of global chat... hopefully that will be implemented sooner than later.

Aurelion-Ellwaen-Aulric

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by m0lly

What's good about it?

what ? graphics ? cheez i was in beta and graphics wasnt near even a bar to lotro. and game mechanics and whole gameplay quests and so on was total crap, reminded me slightly of age of conan but worse. this is just my first impressions of the game at beta and maybe its become much better since . but at that time it was bull**** , i was hoping something different from this since the mythology tho.

maybe i oughta try it again sometime to prove myself wrong or right.

cheers

Actually with all settings on high the world is pretty beautiful.

The avatars are "ok". They made some strides with the character creator though hair still suffers from the "blob on head" type of hair.

So which beta are you talking about?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Have to say this is turning into one hell of a game since they implemented the estate system,and with all that roman mythology as well +pvp to be thrown into the mix i would urge people to try this game..but please remember its still in beta with a few bugs hear and there.graphically its pretty damn good.The dev team are listening to the community all the time,in fact they are a great bunch of peeps.cant wait for launch.and good luck to heatwave on release next month.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by kevjards

Have to say this is turning into one hell of a game since they implemented the estate system,and with all that roman mythology as well +pvp to be thrown into the mix i would urge people to try this game..but please remember its still in beta with a few bugs hear and there.graphically its pretty damn good.The dev team are listening to the community all the time,in fact they are a great bunch of peeps.cant wait for launch.and good luck to heatwave on release next month.

Being a history major  and a great love of this time period and mythology I'm going to hop into open beta, got detracted with Rift during the previous beta and see if I can dig it.  The biggest drawback for me currently is no PVP(Be it warfronts, can't really believe that no company has made a DOTA type instance map for their game yet, it'd be a blast to be in an MMO)

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

What's good about it?

My fear is that since we live in the Dark Ages in the mmorpg genre, they will ignore what (ironically) the mmorpg Dark Age of Camelot taught folks.  I cannot imagine seeing a Romanesque mmorpg where capture the flag (standard>?) becomes pvp content.  There should be epical siege warfare, open field mass battles with cohorts of troops pressing forward with ballista, catapults, etc.  Territorial control is a must and a subsequent benefit to players of the same realm when guilds/alliances have pvp successes.

Dare I dream?

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

I beta tested this game during its first run and was lucky to continue to do so under the new developers. I can say that in a world of WoW clones this game truly is a breath of fresh air. While it does have some kinks what MMO doesn't? Players should look at it as the possibility for new styles of MMO to imerge. The squad system is a ton of fun especially if you are the type of player to get involved with your NPCs, learn their stories. The writing is fantastic, the lore is fun, and the world well done. They have a lot of work ahead of them to continue to reel in the players and show everyone that other types of games can exist and succeed. I would still be playing myself but I can only afford so many subs. ;) I wish them nothing but success and will continue to watch this title with great interest.