Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another reason why Eve rocks.

2»

Comments

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

Tell me where exactely i was whining about eve?::::04::....i began by expresing my sadness regarding the meaning of the word FUN for some of us...then i replyed to ur "well thought" and "mature" argument of me been a punk therefor not belonging to eve...lol

Bottom line is this.... if some1 truelly belives that a game is so fun to play because u can surf on the net while u playing it then we need some shrinks in here asap....

• OtlanoOtlano Member Posts: 139

Originally posted by Alkatraz
    I am here to bash every geek that will get himself poded oneday and scream NERF on eve forums just because he can't keep he's eyes from playing all other things while playing eve...I am here to bash every idiot that came to eve and started whining and whining endlessly till the devs finaly gave in and made their lazy playing style more confortable and fucked up eve a bit more....I am here to advise people that eve isn't for every1...and if u like to play poker while playing eve then eve is not for u and u'll better be playing something else....And yes i am that kind of punk that loved eve the way it was one and a half years ago....untill all the whining lazy generation invaded tranquility

I just want to quote off this particular one. Everybody has their own idea of fun. It is the only explanation for country music, reality tv shows, golf, golf on tv, fishing, fishing on tv and other stuff that just makes me want to turn my brain off. If people want to do other things while doing the long process of jumping many systems then that is their choice and you have no right to say it's wrong. I do agree if they get ganked while they are ironing their shirt or whatever it is their own fault. How can the ability to run Eve in windowed mode hurt your gaming experience?

Yes they can get involved in the very low security areas and join in on the pvp. Problem is that getting your skills and equipment up to speed for pvp can take a very long time. Time that requires many jumps from a couple of gates up double digits in gates. That is a whole lot of time just sitting their watching your ship fly from stargate to stargate. Even when you are in a corp there can be a lot of times of silence in the chat window. I've even got to the point of sometimes I cleaned the house during safe megagate trips. I've even got some reading done.

Main point is what your idea of fun is going to be different than others. You may think some of these people's idea requires a shrink but I bet there are even more people who think you are the needs the shrink.

As long they will never ever scream nerf on forums they could even watch a movie while playing eve....time and experience proved though that this is the type of player that will try to change the game into an afk paradise....

Been pvp-ing from day 1 of my char creation and ur statement that this would require many months is wrong and prove u know nothing about this game other then watching roids growing bigger....if u meant that ur skill progression will take ages, then u'd be correct, but i doubt that u meant that.

It doesn't matter how many hours u can dedicate palying eve, what really matters is to actualy play the game and in my opinion this is the type of player that eve needs....all the rest are more then welcomed to play something else...it would be best for eve and for themselves.

U accept whats going on now in eve either because u werent in beta when the devs made it clearly that this game would be a pvp'ers heaven, or because u belong to the generation that i mentioned before.

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Alkatraz,

Just out of curiosity, do you know the following words:

you, you're, your

I find it funny that you gripe about people playing Eve the 'lazy way', when you can't even make the effort to spell out these simple words in your posts.

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by darquenblade

Alkatraz,
    you, you're, your
    I find it funny that you gripe about people playing Eve the 'lazy way', when you can't even make the effort to spell out these simple words in your posts.

I apologize if i somehow insulted your intellinge with my abreviations, but i would like to see u spell in my own language and then we'll see how smart you really are..... till u do ....SUGI PULA MUISTULE!(see if u can comment on my spelling hereimage)

Alkatraz,
    you, you're, your
    I find it funny that you gripe about people playing Eve the 'lazy way', when you can't even make the effort to spell out these simple words in your posts.I apologize if i somehow insulted your intellinge with my abreviations, but i would like to see u spell in my own language and then we'll see how smart you really are..... till u do ....SUGI PULA MUISTULE!(see if u can comment on my spelling hereimage)

I wasn't insinutaing that you did not know the language or did not know how to spell the words. I was simply pointing out the fact that you are LAZY.

Alkatraz,
    you, you're, your

Make up your mind......in fact, it doesn't matter anymore....fact is that "you" is usualy abreviated by "u" because it has the same phonetical translation and "you're" it is often spelled "u're" or simply "ure" based on the same argument; more examples can be found "wait"-"w8" and many more and the people using those abreviations aren't lazy at all...it's just a way of expresing what u need in the shortest amount of time possible, but i guess you knew that all along but wanted to look smart on forums...u did not, so get over it and troll somewhere else.

Alkatraz,
    you, you're, your

Make up your mind......in fact, it doesn't matter anymore....fact is that "you" is usualy abreviated by "u" because it has the same phonetical translation and "you're" it is often spelled "u're" or simply "ure" based on the same argument; more examples can be found "wait"-"w8" and many more and the people using those abreviations aren't lazy at all...it's just a way of expresing what u need in the shortest amount of time possible, but i guess you knew that all along but wanted to look smart on forums...u did not, so get over it and troll somewhere else.

What you ae failing to realize is that using abbreviations like that makes one look like an immature kid, or less intelligent than they really are (I am NOT saying you are stupid, just that knowingly misspelling words tends to make one look like that). Because of this, it can hinder your chances of being taken seriously in discussions. And as far as not being able to make up my mind...in my first post I was being sarcastic. I didn't really think that you did not know those words, but was trying to point out to you that you should USE them. And no, I was not trying to be smart..I am a writer, and things like annoy me--I apologize.

Well, I've hijacked this thread far enough (which wasn't really my intention).

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

darquen, your intentions are very good but really, do not waste your time on this guy. All he has been doing for the past two weeks in making useless comments about how he hates what has become of EVE online. No matter what you say it will become worse, just ignore him and he will eventualy fade away.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

As long they will never ever scream nerf on forums they could even watch a movie while playing eve....time and experience proved though that this is the type of player that will try to change the game into an afk paradise....Been pvp-ing from day 1 of my char creation and ur statement that this would require many months is wrong and prove u know nothing about this game other then watching roids growing bigger....if u meant that ur skill progression will take ages, then u'd be correct, but i doubt that u meant that.It doesn't matter how many hours u can dedicate palying eve, what really matters is to actualy play the game and in my opinion this is the type of player that eve needs....all the rest are more then welcomed to play something else...it would be best for eve and for themselves.U accept whats going on now in eve either because u werent in beta when the devs made it clearly that this game would be a pvp'ers heaven, or because u belong to the generation that i mentioned before.

Sorry I took so long to respond to this. I was out of town with no access to the internet.

First, nearly everybody wants to change the game but I am curious how you think the "afkers" (putting these guys in a catagory just seems too wierd) want to change the game that ruins it for you.

Second, you don't need to insult me to make a statement. I'm trying to have a mature discussion with you. I'm curious how well you did in in your Velor (or what other starter ship you had) in pvp? What about your other frigates? Yes I know frigates can take down bigger ships but you need groups of them and some people just don't have groups of buddies who want to fly frigates a lot.

Also, there is more to the game than fighting. Yes I said it there is a lot more. Mining, trading and manufacturing. How much pvp can you do when you have to fly a Badger or Mammoth from one secure system through many other secure systems to deliver goods? In fact how much pvp can you do in an industrial period? How about the people who have to mine loads of common ore? They are not going to take their industrials or mining platforms to dangerous sectors to mine common ore because that is just being smart. Would you want to stare at the screen for hours doing nothing but seeing your mining laser or mining drones workin on the roids? You are acting like the only thing you should be doing in Eve is fighting. Sounds like you are the one who is limiting Eve.

Actually I was in beta or at least was trying to play beta. I was one of the several people who kept crashing everytime they got in the game.

Let me ask you this again. How exactly is the "afkers" ruining the game for you? I don't want to know about stuff concerning other people like the group people like to call the "carebears" but just the "afkers." I'm rather curious to know because I really don't see how they could be making your game experience less than it should be.

Due to lazyness and afk-ness sentry guns were improved and because of that we have now the wonderfull sniping ganking system..with every step made by ccp to protect the "innocent" they drove the combat system where it is today.

I'm not saying that only those 2 factors are the cause for today's imbalance, pvp-ers themselves had something to do with that too with their desire only for kill mails, never realising that legendary names were forged trough many real battles and not by killing countless noob ships and industrials.

I don't hate the "carebear" population....all i wanted with my first post was to show to the potential new commers that the afk-ness is rather the exception then the rulle...You guys are trying so hard to prove me wrong though :(

About fighting in a velator....hmm..u would never belive what u can do with those noob ships...i recomand u to search the movie archive and u will see what i meanimage

I don't know what u can do while mining  (never done it myself), but i would guess that u need to keep your eyes on local rather then plaing poker; if you were talking about empire mining then there are 2 distinct cases:

a)you could be mining in a large barge, case in wich i would recommand watching out for suicidal caracalsimage

b) you could be mining in an apoc, but in this case the small cargo hold of the apoc will require some more attention from your side in dragging the ore out of the cargo hold and will prevent u from having a nice quiet poker game outside eve universe; this is a good time for me to warn u that macros are a verry good reason for a permanent bann so watch yourself

We weren't trying to say that going afk all the time is the norm or at least most of us were not. The impression we were getting from you though was that people should be pvping all the time and that nobody should be going afk at all except the occasional restroom break, doorbell break or whatever.

I don't think the sentry gun improvement had anything to do with the afkness. No matter if you are afk at all you would have gotten ganked. I agree with you, reputation as a noob ship killer is a pretty lame reputation. Real hardcore reputations are built in real fights not from cowardness while destroying ships that have no chance at all.

My only point though is that for the people who have to travel a lot of secure sectors (for traders that is a necessary part of the game) the ability to go afk makes the game bearable. That was why I quit Jumpgate because trying to carry cargo from station to station gets real old and you can't go afk at all. Mind numbing boring and really are required to do that in the beginning and always for a trader.

You do make a big point though that the game has a lot more than just being afk while making long gate jumps so I do hope new people don't get the wrong impression.

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

One of the biggest reasons, I think, EVE pvp turned into nothing more then a gankfest is the creation of killboards and killbaord signatures. It's a virtual e-peen contest at it's finest now. No one cares about fighting for a reason, they just want to fight and then gloat and brag. It's sad when someone will just outright kill anyone that crosses their path so they can add another point on the killboard and compare it to everyone else, just to make sure their e-penis is still large and intact. PvP is fun, but it's only fun when it has a reason behind it I think. Corp wars, alliance wars, industrial wars are all very enjoyable, but just killing everything that crosses your path is senseless. Being a pirate and ransoming or destroying haulers is part of the game, but I just can't understand why someone would make it their goal in EVE to just kill everyone.

Maybe CCP can release a new game called Unreal Tournament EVE2k - get rid of skilling and all that carebear nonsense homocidal people seem to despise and let them go at.

I agree that the AFK aspect of the game is nice, especially when it comes to long travels through empire. However, that's what some people believe the whole game is. They do trade routes, stop at a station, buy sell, go afk, stop at another station, buy sell, go afk. It's nice watching your wallet get bigger but that's not all EVE is.

Anyways, glad this thread is turning a bit more civil. Cheers.::::20::

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

Originally posted by magik_fx
    It's a virtual e-peen contest at it's finest now. No one cares about fighting for a reason, they just want to fight and then gloat and brag. It's sad when someone will just outright kill anyone that crosses their path so they can add another point on the killboard and compare it to everyone else, just to make sure their e-penis is still large and intact.

Couldn't of said it better myself lol, love that terminology.

<system message> [You have laid the final blow on Gary's Impairor].
    <system message> [Kill mail posted].
    <system message> [Your e-peen has now increased in length by one inch].
    <system message> [Too bad it dosen't reflect real life buddy].

LMFAO, so true, the stupid killboards have become detrimental to the game. Have seen many times in my corp where people will go all out simply to get a kill mail. Alot of people now a days dislike using EW platforms because it generally leaves you out of a kill mail / kill mail board posting. Something that is very bad since ... if you go into a battle lacking EW support, you generally screwed. But, people like to compete and it seems these kill mail boards are the way to go.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)