Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate: some work left to do

haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

From the looks of the servers in the closed beta, this is more a beta for Hanbitsoft to work out their issues with the game than for players to actually PLAY the game.  I'd wait till open beta to check out real gameplay.

Comments

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Worse close beta ive ever been in ill wait also untill they realy release a stable game, dont wanne waste my whole weeknd on a bugged game and getting erros all the time hehe

• chrislekochrisleko Member Posts: 200

Hey, isn't that the point of a beta?

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Groovydutch

Worse close beta ive ever been in ill wait also untill they realy release a stable game, dont wanne waste my whole weeknd on a bugged game and getting erros all the time hehe

Eh, why play a closed beta (that just started) then??

You do know what the words "closed beta" means right?

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• baldernonobaldernono Member UncommonPosts: 96

Little frustrating, i thought i could test it even 1 seconde during this cbt week end ^^

I wonder how it is on their side : does the expert technician got their knuckles rapped by their superior or all is going as expected ^^

ps : server up right now lol

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

This thread is redundant. The idea of signing up for a beta and actually playing the beta is to find bugs. NOT play the game just for fun. Don't whine, for starters it's 100% free, second it's CLOSED BETA. 

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

In defense of the complainers it was damn near impossible to even log in yesterday. Today was much improved.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Wow, I haven't had any problems today at all.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I had problems the first day, couldn't log in, got the same error again and again. I was on the verge of giving up, until to my surprise I could log in and play.

And it was awesome image

Just played a few hours, no bugs so far except for 2 disconnects. I'll go back after a few hours and give it another try.

Anybody knows how long this beta will last?

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

I had problems the first day, couldn't log in, got the same error again and again. I was on the verge of giving up, until to my surprise I could log in and play.

And it was awesome image

Just played a few hours, no bugs so far except for 2 disconnects. I'll go back after a few hours and give it another try.

Anybody knows how long this beta will last?

This one's over Sunday sometime. Hopefully since the game has been released in other countries for quite some time now future betas will be short and full NA release will come about quickly.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by jpnole
    In defense of the complainers it was damn near impossible to even log in yesterday. Today was much improved.

Congratulations, that means that the beta test was success and every beta test did its job - that is to test the aspect of the game that needed to be improved and thus it got improved.

Closed betas are not something you do for fun, does not matter if term "closed beta" started to get used for pure PR purposes sometimes. Closed beta is a test. Its a stress-test combined with bug-searching.

Beta testers found an issue with game(multiple ones, actually) and the company so far was quite fast to react to them and to update everyone on the progress of fixing. IMO, that means CBT succeeded.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON