Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape real meaning

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Hi all,

As many knows free trade & wildness was brought back to RuneScape (RS) at 1st of February this year.

I found this video on YouTube & was shocked for real!

I guess nobody here would like to be confronted to same situation, it not a game anymore, it even worse then some real life issues.
Not sure how after such video, parents would let their kids play it.

Worse, Jagex do NOTHING: scams they don't really care about anymore, muted for 1 day that all they can apply; get your account hacked is your & only your fault ( according to RS official forum mod's reply and explanations).

Looks like company is so much about money now (they lost too much money, too many customers, after 2007 update removing wildness & free trade, they bring back now), that by bringing money as 1st priority, they forgot they can loose the rest of subs, as now old playing members are aimed by hackers.
I don't think all these players became that curious just after update & visited key loggers sites in masses.
Means Jagex has security fail somehow. But they refuse to admit it or help people out which stolen goods /money (BTW: to get substantial amount you need about 3 years of sub roughly (8$ per month X 36 = 288$ and 3 years of life efforts to loose all one day & get nothing but *wise* answer: you should not break security rules.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

"Jagex do NOTHING: scams they don't really care about anymore, muted for 1 day that all they can apply;"

-That is true, I spend a lot of time reporting "Doublers" at the G.E.

"get your account hacked is your & only your fault"

-Well most of the time it is.  I have been hacked twice and both times my fault.  I agree with you they should offer some sort of compensation for the victims.

"(BTW: to get substantial amount you need about 3 years of sub roughly (8$ per month X 36 = 288$ and 3 years of life efforts to loose all one day & get nothing but *wise* answer: you should not break security rules."

-False, Im working on a pure now and have gotten 1-65 Runecrafting in 3 days.  Now I will quest some and by the end of this month it will be able to make 400k an hr.

I do understand where your coming from in the hacking thing, trust me after losing months worth of work i quit for quite a while. 

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

looks like Jagex can't do much for keep this game healthy: bots rulez game now, scammers took their place freely (dice game, flower game, doubling), nobody cares anymore about.

but if you go AFK for few, all noobs will tell: it against the silly rules.
    this is unique game =XD, in any other go AFK is more then normal, game will put you to AFK symbol & that it.

2nd idiot rule not to break is multiple log in.
    beside all my characters in any other game linked with 1 account, so my 25 WoW chars counts as 1, but in RS any of my 7 chars is separate account (that why they have so many registered users lol).

So means if I scam anyone with doubling it's nothing much, but if I give some money to my own pure, it crime.

Well nobody knows why it so silly. =D

I play RS only cause I don't have time to play any other game. At RS I can training most of the skills while do some real life work with my comp, it not very fun but all I can get now.
    If I had free time, I would surely choose more exciting game.

• b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

Yeah, i agree with you on the account linking.  And the doubling scam is the one I hate the most and I spend a good amount of time going after those who do that. 

As far as the future of RS is concered, I believe they could really change all of this and not too mention gain a huge following with a retail release/.  One that is very good at bot busting and does not rely on like you said the people who cry about afkers.  Then with the botting problem solved they could allow users to link their accounts.  Thus, leaving them to focus on the scamming problem and not these little things.

only looks like they are unable to resolve bots problem, may be due to fact that it is Java game too.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

I miss the good o'l days of 2001-2004 in runescape. I loved free trade. At the time, all I saw it as was a simple trade system where you could trade anything. The wilderness was awesome because before it was added, you could be pk'd right outside of lumbridge before you even got to varrock. 

The wilderness fixed that, and encouraged risk verse reward exploring, the kind that is often used to make compelling quest tales in epic fictional fantasy settings. Player verse player and player loot? Why did you cross the wilderness line with clear warnings all over it if you don't consider yourself willing to want to take a risk? That's silly.

Oh yeah, and I scammed people for a little while too. I got millions in coal, runite weapons, and all sorts back in the day. The game is filled with 11 - 17 year olds, so they are going to get scammed! I got scammed my first time in runescape when I was about 11, so no biggy.

I was pissed, stopped playing for a bit, made a new account, and then never made the same mistake again. And I am much smarter now because of it. The game can be somewhat educational for kids, in that it can teach them certain life lessons that deal with interaction with others.

Probably one of the best lessons there is, is learning how to avoid being used or screwed over by shady people. While not as good as going through it in real life, be glad that they learn something from it, because having to learn the hard way in real life is much more difficult.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

If you think carefully about it:

Jagex claim to have over 1 million f2p players on but it's over 1 million bott accs that makes it vertually impossible for a real person to play the game. Even at 91 mining I had trouble getting ore and I most needed coal but thats by far the hardest to get in f2p. Look in any f2p world in the mining guild and you can always pick out 20 or more botting accounts as even lvl3 hide there when scorpians are outside to make it worse for lower ability real people.

If all F2P botting accounts were removed there would hardly be many people playing. F2P is almost all botts so removing them would leave us free to get experience but then members would quit to join us getting experience for free (we all deserve that from what we have already paid) . The fact is if they weren't so dumb not to do this as then a lot of people would come back to their real accounts. I can't work out why the advertisers on F2P screens haven't got the sense to stop advertising as they have to pay Jagex for it but actually no-one is looking at those ads.

Mod Mark doesn't have a life outside of Runescape and clearly controls the rest of the fools that work there. None of those there will have much computer skills as they would get a far better job somewhere else if they could.  The best fix for this game may come in the form of Jagex shareholders sacking Mark and all the other idiots that make Jagex seem like the biggest scamming company in gaming!image

haha

all secrets around RS makes me laugh.
    Mod Mark, rofl, it like agent 007, beside we know he is James Bond, but who knows a name of Mod Mark.

very possible, that RS staff have not enough skills, as with "brilliant" idea to remove free trade & pk (solo fun for most of RS kids), they killed gold eggs chicken.

now they gave all back, inviting like 100000 of bots for each server, but I have doubt, they won lot of subs.

Looks like game is made by using patchwork system: lets add this, may be this, who knows - it may work=D

Well for browser game it is sorta fun you can have from any com you find.