Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam daily deal $3.75

Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901222/

In case youre interested.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Comments

• Moo8eMoo8e Member UncommonPosts: 18

It's a good deal, be sure to look at using a referral key in conjunction with this offer:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4226412

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Anyone else seeing an announcement saying that this game will go F2P comming in very soon?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Just saw this this morning, heck of a deal imo, gotta love steam XD

• LohdownLohdown Member UncommonPosts: 78

I gotta ask, Is it worth it even at this price?

I played it in open beta and redid the free trial a while back, and if nothing much has improved, then my impression is still no.

The Steam description talks about Season Two.  Is Season Two the last season they released still? Didn't they release that 8 months ago?

The moment I read "It's like" or "WoW" is the moment I stop reading your post.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Any game that gives 5+ hours of experience is worth $4.

I didnt buy it because i was never interested enough, great deal tho.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Lohdown

I gotta ask, Is it worth it even at this price?

I played it in open beta and redid the free trial a while back, and if nothing much has improved, then my impression is still no.

The Steam description talks about Season Two.  Is Season Two the last season they released still? Didn't they release that 8 months ago?

Not sure about the release stuff since I bailed in my first month on this mmo due to sheer disgust of being asked to pay $15/month for what amounts to one of the most shallow shoe-box third-person shooters, wrapped in a mis-labeled package of mmorpg.

However, with regard to your first question, I think there might be a month of fun there at that price if the first month is free.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Originally posted by Loke666

Anyone else seeing an announcement saying that this game will go F2P comming in very soon?

I don't thin k they could scream it louder.  With Atari divesting, it may be an attempt to pad the server population in order to up the stats to make a sale more appealing also. I think the F2P is not a good move at this point. After Cryptic is sold proably more likely.

It's still a good price , but i wouldn't play past the 30 days.  I think I'll grab a beer and sit and observe what Cryptic and Atari will do next. This may prove interesting.

• darksilverdarksilver Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

I don't thin k they could scream it louder.  With Atari divesting, it may be an attempt to pad the server population in order to up the stats to make a sale more appealing also. I think the F2P is not a good move at this point. After Cryptic is sold proably more likely.

It's still a good price , but i wouldn't play past the 30 days.  I think I'll grab a beer and sit and observe what Cryptic and Atari will do next. This may prove interesting.

I doub't it. Seems you miss all the other "fire" sales in the last few month. Amazon(com) sold the gold version for 5$ in dec and in march the german amazon store sold it for 3.97€. I know it because I bought it to add another 30 days to my account.

The still stack and a extra XL t-shirt for the gold version is not bad. image

Yes I am even crazy enough and bought for 2.75€ the deluxe sto version from steam. Add that this deal included 500 atari points and you get even cash back from it. 

Well I like the remastered stuff like the doomsday mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FePdEi_f0I

I don't care if the go F2P or if the have a monthly sub of less then 5$ this way.. image

update another sale this time again from amazon for 3$  http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Online-Deluxe-Download/dp/B0044DEPZA/

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Not until after Cryptic is sold; changing STO to a freemium game like CO is would limit options for whoever might want to buy Cryptic. Now if they go for several months without any offers, Atari might make the switch over; seeing a spike, however temporary it may be, like CO had at its switch would make Cryptic more attractive to buyers.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Still to expensive, wont get this till the deposit money into my account to play it

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I bought it from Steam yesterday and after a few hours of play, I removed my CC information from it and won't even play the 29 more days on it. The ground combat is horrible....if you even get to do some that is.

And if you want a better deal, check out the same one on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Online-Deluxe-Download/dp/B0044DEPZA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1306669157&sr=8-4

• darksilverdarksilver Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I bought it from Steam yesterday and after a few hours of play, I removed my CC information from it and won't even play the 29 more days on it. The ground combat is horrible....if you even get to do some that is.

And if you want a better deal, check out the same one on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Online-Deluxe-Download/dp/B0044DEPZA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1306669157&sr=8-4

Yes ground combat is a big weakness. Tip use a full engineering away team with turrets.

However good news for you. The add a full new groundcombat to it next month.
    So you can chose RPG or FPS mode for it:

dev post...
    [...]
    btw... not sure if this has been mentioned, but the mouse-click combat has a few additional bells and whistles.

We've added two hotkeys (currently mapped to R and T - but remappable) which allow your Left, Middle, and Right mouse buttons to temporarily access the first 3 slots of the 2nd and 3rd power tray in order to fire off powers.

Example.

Tray 1:
    Slot 1 = Primary Weapon Fire
    Slot 2 = Secondary Weapon Fir
    Slot 3 = Tertiary Fire (most often its rifle butt or palm strike)

Tray 2: (Tap R to temporarily replace Tray 1)
    Slot 1 = Kit Power 1 (e.g. Grenade)
    Slot 2 = Kit Power 2 (e.g. Smoke Grenade)
    Slot 3 = Captain Power 3 (e.g. Targeting Optics)

Tray 3 (Tap T to temporarily replace Tray 1)
    Slot 1 = Stimpack
    Slot 2 = Shield Recharge
    Slot 3 = Resucitate

How it works in shooter mode:
    As you move the reticle onto a target, the target and reticle light up. Clicking LMB,RMB fires the weapon as you'd expect in any shooter.

However, lets say I'm shooting - shooting - shooting but now want to throw a grenade
    I tap the R key - it temporarily maps Tray 2 to my mouse buttons - so that the next time I click LMB - it throws a grenade where my reticle is aiming and then immediately switches back to Tray 1 weapon mode.
    If I didn't want to throw the grenade I can tap R again.

Similarly, if I get in trouble and need to heal - I can quickly tap T-LMB and use my stimpack all while keeping my WASD going.

It is turning out to be pretty slick, but I'm very eager to get your feedback on it.

Also - the PVP playtest today made me realize how huge range changes are now ... sniper rifles can be deadly - but boy does that red targeting laser draw attention to yourself
    This is not an NGE situation, this was the first thing we thought of when we went to revamp ground combat. The addition of shooter mode isn't fundamentally changing the game, the prior play type still remains. The main change comes in the class table updates, weapon updates, and critter tuning.

We've heard from players, reviewers, and our own internal discussions that ground combat as it is now isn't up to snuff. We've gone ground up (no pun intended) on this system. Everything from the background math, player facing math, fx, animations, and audio, we left no stone unturned.

With this change we hope players will talk about ground combat and space combat in the same breath, as the reasons to play STO. When you engage in an epic space battle and have to beam down I don't want 95% of our player base to sigh, we want you to be psyched to get in there and fight!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=215626

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

this is a great deal. i purchased it for the free 30 days and the 500cp 

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Lmao, this game will be f2p in a couple of months so why buy. When i saw the title of this thread i thought that Steam was giving you $3.75 if you would take the game.