Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

While you wait for the next big MMORPG why not craft your own MMORPG?

slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Make your own 2D MMORPG with this free game maker program called BYOND. Byond is a program I just got into three days ago, the program come with it's own easy to learn programing language to craft serious real MMORPG. People that have advanced deep in the language have created sandbox MMORPG, deep rich adventure games etc all in 2D and some make money off them by using the sub system 3D MMORPG use.

http://www.byond.com/games/?redir=1

I have not made any MMORPG yet but I have started my training by using my 52 page long easy tutorial I printed out. Here is a video of a shooter MMO crafted with perfection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yKdCiLpOo&feature=player_embedded#at=59

Here is my training picture of me coding my first world with: Exp and level up system, small stat system, loot drop and pick up system, chat and log in an out system. I did not make any combat or enemies to kill yet but I do have the drop loot code finish, ready when I  add them. My mob toon is just a smiley face in an open crafted empty green world lol....

Here is another picture of a MMORPG I do play now called Bleach Eternity, the first 2D MMORPG with a very deep talent tree system combind with stat systems. The maker of this MMORPG is a wonderful programmer and loves to make 2D MMORPG solo but something very bad happen to him and some others, his well made DBZ MMORPG games was close down by Funimation. Funimation contacted the owner of BYOND and told him to remove all that is DBZ or else. So all that hard long work put into making his dream DBZ game went to the trash and so the owner of Bleach got angry and still angry at BYOND and refuse to update his Bleach game with new classes etc but he did say when he sees that his game hit 99 players online steady mark he will update his game, dude is just mad as hell thou.

imageGive it a shot.

The reason I post this is because I know this is a well known big community of gamers with a load of ideas and allot of you would love to make your own mmorpg to be your own Dev with your own crew of GM's and Mod's like the big boys at Blizzard and the fact we need allot more MMORPG to enjoy. I even know that one of you can make a similar game like blizz Diablo games but with MMORPG power or even make your own version of UO. So, jump on this while you wait.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Eclipse Origins is another 2D mmorpg system that seems to be really functional. There is much less in the way of tools, you have to program in VB to get stuff working, but some of the things people have come up with are pretty cool.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/eclipse/

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by lizardbones

Eclipse Origins is another 2D mmorpg system that seems to be really functional. There is much less in the way of tools, you have to program in VB to get stuff working, but some of the things people have come up with are pretty cool.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/eclipse/

And there is ORE by Baronsoft if a person wants to get more into the programming. (AO is about the only good copy currently)

And VBGore if someone wants to get away from the programming a much as possible.

And Explorations RPG for a nice isometric package.

And if you want to see the heads explode clear off the shoulders of the Eclipse fans, use Mirage and rave about how great it is.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I might wander into realmcrafter one day, when I feel brave enough to spend money on something I might only use once or rwice if I lose interest. Or maybe I will get into it and make a lot of MMO's. I've tried the demo and my brain almost melted due to realising the enormity of the tasks involved of creating a world with factions. But I don't think it's impossible with a lot of careful designing and planning on paper and then putting it into the MMO editors. One day...

www.realmcrafter.com

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

RealmCrafter is an excellent tool to use if someone wants to get familiar with what all can be involved in creating an MMO. Aside from most common problens becoming much more evident at an earlier stage ( limited amount of people in a scene, number of polies in a view and the impact on framerate, etc) it also allows one to experience setting up a proper graphics pipeline, developing each aspect of content including scripting events, world building, animations and triggers.

For what the hobbyist can learn from RealmCrafter, it's worth the money as an educational tool. As an actual development tool, I am not sure. Were Fasaria World and Knights of Dream City done with RC? If not, have any MMOs released based on RC?

I definitely recommend it as a learning tool for someone who wants to tinker with many of the various processes involved in MMO development. It is an incredible mix of tools to build an MMO and MMO 'creator' features.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Knights of Dream City was a RealmCrafter effort, as far as I am aware. I do not know if its continuation was a stand alone or further developed with RealmCrafter. I think their dev's also made Fasaria World with RealmCrafter.

RealmCrafter Standard has a Community edition at Sourceforge but I haven't tried it yet; on the 'things to do' list:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcce/

Edit: In closed Alpha, best wait until it's open or beta or whatever they decide to do.