Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting review i found.

12346»

Comments

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Dude I don't know what's she talking about here:

"And I don't care how many times this content designer told me "GW2 doesn't have quests." That personal story line looks and feels EXACTLY like questing. And to make things worse, those aren't shared with the people you group with. At character creation, you start branching along some story line. I guess if you play with a partner (like I do) you could create identical story lines so you could play together."

I have not played the game, but I've SEEN enough of it. There is no way you can say personal story = questing. In the 40 min videos we've seen enough to say it's no where near the experience of quest hubs.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Heh, I'd totally forgotten about this thread.

@jondifool: I don't know if it'd be a good idea if you'd have various posters like you referred to hanging around. I mean, you can see with the SWTOR threads here (or WoW forums or Rift forums for that matter) how discussions will be when people post with an agenda or intention that overrules or ignores facts.

Originally posted by Alot

XP and loot isb't shared, everyone get's their own roll. You need to effectively contribute to killing a mob.

The XP IS shared, and loot as well if you're hitting on the same group of mobs. You can't killsteal and it also isn't like other MMO's where you help out if you're passing by but where the mobs still are attached to the guy who started hitting them first, just because you aren't in a group with him. That's the whole point of the casual semi grouping that GW2 has.

Misinformed/uninformed as she says that a content designer told her that there were no quests, even though it has been told that the Personal Storyline does make use of some sort of questing. If it feels like questing to her okay, but saying that something LOOKS EXACTLY, no.

Devs have stated on several interviews that there were no quests, so I find it odd that you say that she's misinformed if ANet people are saying to her the exact same things that they're saying in official interviews and presentations. Furthermore, she said "it looks and feels exactly like questing", not "it IS exactly like questing". She mentioned her opinion, and based upon the many similarities that Personal Story has with quests, it certainly isn't a strange or completely offbase viewpoint.

The only similarity between the Charge in GW2 and the charge in Rift is that you rapidly move forward, in Rift videos you can see that the character flies towards the target, in GW2 the character runs, in Rift the character is surrounded by flames and sparkling effects, in GW2, not really. Warriors don't have spammable self-heals, all of the Warrior self-heals currently revealed have got a recharge of minimally 12 seconds.

There is a downed skill that gives invulnerability "Help me!" but it starts as soon as you activate it, wether you succeed or not doesn't matter. Wasn't a moose, it was a centaur, and it didn't transform into a rock, it summoned two giant stone hands instead.

Meh. I thought about counterarguing those points, but they're too trivial and weird an argument to even discuss. I mean, really image

There are town clothes, which may be the social tab she is talking about.

She's talking about the social tab as seen in LotrO, and no, GW2 doesn't have one.

Yes, she is misinformed and she may got a problem with her sight. Telling people that you aren't really informed, okay, but spouting out misinformation like that, no.

Even if a certain feature may not be in game yet, you should do some research before making a review.

It was a blog, and she made a fairly accurate description of her experiences, nothing wrong with that.

So, let's take a look at where she was right based upon her experiences and information she received (in blue), where she stated her personal taste and likes/dislikes (in pink) and where she was wrong (in red)

Quick review of GW2:

It seems like Rift got a jump on GW2. The GW2 events felt very much like Rift - although the content designer I talked to said the GW2 system is more fixed in size, scale and location. Similar approach to "grouping," as in, GW2 doesn't even require the public groups. Kills are shared, xp is shared, loot is shared. All you have to do is hit it (note: you have to hit it, that's true, but the amount of your contribution determines the amount of your share)

And I don't care how many times this content designer told me "GW2 doesn't have quests." That personal story line looks and feels EXACTLY like questing. And to make things worse, those aren't shared with the people you group with. At character creation, you start branching along some story line. I guess if you play with a partner (like I do) you could create identical story lines so you could play together (note: you can play together just like in other MMO's even if you can't share the Personal Story)

Skills have a global cooldown, like Rift. My Warrior chick had a skill that looked EXACTLY like the animation used for Rift's Bullrush charge. I had a nice self-heal, very spammable, and the health meter is a circle instead of a bar.

The Fight On or whatever they called it was really cool - if you are dying you are given a "last chance" and if you succeed you get invulnerability! That was very cool. The moose that zoned into a rock and back out again, and then dropped a sword that was a definite upgrade, was not so cool. Made me very concerned about itemization and loot.

Lovely to look at. My character was very pretty. However, the run animation was really bad - she looked like she had a tummyache, all bent over. GW2 has no mounts and relies on class-based run speed buffs. Swift travel is via the map to rally points. Death penalty is money - even in the tutorial, dying cost me 8 copper.

No cosmetic system. When oh when will these mmo's learn? GW2 allows you to keep the look of a particular piece of gear, but it is not slotted as a separate cosmetic. The armour has multiple dye areas which was really nice. Unfortunately, the starting armour for my Norn Warrior chick looked remarkably like the new LotRO captain set.

I'll try it again in beta, when I can play for more than 40 minutes. It may be that Rift will be on a 2nd or 3rd update by then, which would probably put Rift ahead of GW2. Right now, GW2 = Rift < LotRO.

So far, it looks like most of what she said is grounded in facts and her personal gameplay experiences. Most of it is like it is in GW2, some of those comments are clearly her personal preference or taste or where she compares with other games and features in those games where they're similar or differ. Only a few comments are clearly wrong or misinformed.

Originally posted by AKASlaphappy

Ok so every time that the developers are talking about no quests in GW2 they are talking about dynamic events, and they also say the personal story is different. So apparently since you say she is correct, that must mean it is OK to take things out of context to make a statement about a game? Unless you can find me a quote by the developers where they say the personal story is not a personal quest for your character she is wrong. Because she is taking what the developers have said out of context since they are talking about dynamic events. So if you are going to defend this I guess I can go to the TOR forums and start taking all the Bioware developer’s quotes out of context. For example did you know that the Bioware developers said they hate people that play sandbox games and that they would never make a game like that. Oh yes it is fun taking what people say out of context and adding your own personal slant to it.

? The devs have stated in various official interviews that GW2 has no quests, so I don't see why if they say the same to her what they said in official interviews, how that could suddenly be out of context? As for the comment of going to TOR forums, now that's just silly and irrelevant (I could say 'out of context' of the discussion), besides, dev quotes have been taken out of context a lot more and in worse ways in those threads than here. Nothing of the sort happening by this blogger.

For the rest, chill people, impression reports and blogs can be a lot more biased and out of touch with reality than the one she has given here image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

XP and loot isb't shared, everyone get's their own roll. You need to effectively contribute to killing a mob.

The XP IS shared, and loot as well if you're hitting on the same group of mobs. You can't killsteal and it also isn't like other MMO's where you help out if you're passing by but where the mobs still are attached to the guy who started hitting them first, just because you aren't in a group with him. That's the whole point of the casual semi grouping that GW2 has.

XP and loot are NOT shared.  Each person gets full reward for their level of participation in a dynamic event regardless of who else helped.  The whole purpose of DEs is to encourage community.  If your XP halved when someone showed up that would have a huge negative impact.  You should always welcome the sight of other players in GW2.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by Hyperbeam

Originally posted by Meowhead

This whole thread is ridiculous.  One person makes negative comments in a preview of SW:ToR, and all of a sudden all the Bioware fanbois come jumping in and bashing that person, bashing the review, and generally acting as if there couldn't possibly be a single problem with their game, talking about how anybody who writes anything negative must be stupid and delusional.  Fanbois are so ridiculous and unreasonable, you SW:ToR people should just calm down and accept your game might have problems.  SW:ToR is not perfect, and lots of people won't enjoy it.

.... what?  This is a thread about a negative preview of Guild Wars 2?  Gosh darn it, burn the heretic and her crappy opinion!  I fully support all the reasonable and well spoken fans of Guild Wars 2, and Arenanet can do no wrong.

(PS.  How come in every thread like this, fans of other games spend time accusing fans of the particular game of being unreasonable and crazy, when the exact same behavior happens in threads about their own game of choice?  Even if it isn't the behavior of that particular fan, every game fandom is stuffed full of people who will act like whatever they lambast in fans of other games.  What kind of halfassed weak fan can't even have a little righteous indignation when somebody isn't as well informed on the fan's favorite game as all right thinking people should be?)

Clearly your one of those crazy people who like the Mega Drive over the SNES so your completely wrong about everything........*cough* ;)

Do not understimate the mighty mega drive...

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by cali59

XP and loot are NOT shared.  Each person gets full reward for their level of participation in a dynamic event regardless of who else helped.  The whole purpose of DEs is to encourage community.  If your XP halved when someone showed up that would have a huge negative impact.  You should always welcome the sight of other players in GW2.

I think this is clearly a case of misunderstanding and meaning different things. Of course your xp isn't halved, but neither is there a locking down or locking out of XP or loot: if you and others that came around contributed to fight off the mobs, then the encounter scales up and you share in the overall loot and xp, even if you're not grouped up which makes this different from other MMO's.

That's what the whole casual/automatic grouping is about, no excluding others or group spawn camping or 'this is our mob/spot, pls leave'. Everyone who's near and helped in the fight, also shares in the overall xp and loot.

Also look at the videos with the Shatterer dragon fight where all the players around picked up the loot from the big chest after the fight. No purple items here where only a couple of people from a whole raidsize group can profit from.

In GW2 everyone who is part of the fight joins in the share.

Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

It was a blog, and she made a fairly accurate description of her experiences, nothing wrong with that.

So, let's take a look at where she was right based upon her experiences and information she received (in blue), where she stated her personal taste and likes/dislikes (in pink) and where she was wrong (in red)

Quick review of GW2:

It seems like Rift got a jump on GW2. The GW2 events felt very much like Rift - although the content designer I talked to said the GW2 system is more fixed in size, scale and location. Similar approach to "grouping," as in, GW2 doesn't even require the public groups. Kills are shared, xp is shared, loot is shared. All you have to do is hit it (note: you have to hit it, that's true, but the amount of your contribution determines the amount of your share)

And I don't care how many times this content designer told me "GW2 doesn't have quests." That personal story line looks and feels EXACTLY like questing. And to make things worse, those aren't shared with the people you group with. At character creation, you start branching along some story line. I guess if you play with a partner (like I do) you could create identical story lines so you could play together (note: you can play together just like in other MMO's even if you can't share the Personal Story)

Skills have a global cooldown, like Rift. My Warrior chick had a skill that looked EXACTLY like the animation used for Rift's Bullrush charge. I had a nice self-heal, very spammable, and the health meter is a circle instead of a bar.

The Fight On or whatever they called it was really cool - if you are dying you are given a "last chance" and if you succeed you get invulnerability! That was very cool. The moose that zoned into a rock and back out again, and then dropped a sword that was a definite upgrade, was not so cool. Made me very concerned about itemization and loot.

Lovely to look at. My character was very pretty. However, the run animation was really bad - she looked like she had a tummyache, all bent over. GW2 has no mounts and relies on class-based run speed buffs. Swift travel is via the map to rally points. Death penalty is money - even in the tutorial, dying cost me 8 copper.

No cosmetic system. When oh when will these mmo's learn? GW2 allows you to keep the look of a particular piece of gear, but it is not slotted as a separate cosmetic. The armour has multiple dye areas which was really nice. Unfortunately, the starting armour for my Norn Warrior chick looked remarkably like the new LotRO captain set.

I'll try it again in beta, when I can play for more than 40 minutes. It may be that Rift will be on a 2nd or 3rd update by then, which would probably put Rift ahead of GW2. Right now, GW2 = Rift < LotRO.

So far, it looks like most of what she said is grounded in facts and her personal gameplay experiences. Most of it is like it is in GW2, some of those comments are clearly her personal preference or taste or where she compares with other games and features in those games where they're similar or differ. Only a few comments are clearly wrong or misinformed.

Ok so every time that the developers are talking about no quests in GW2 they are talking about dynamic events, and they also say the personal story is different. So apparently since you say she is correct, that must mean it is OK to take things out of context to make a statement about a game? Unless you can find me a quote by the developers where they say the personal story is not a personal quest for your character she is wrong. Because she is taking what the developers have said out of context since they are talking about dynamic events. So if you are going to defend this I guess I can go to the TOR forums and start taking all the Bioware developer’s quotes out of context. For example did you know that the Bioware developers said they hate people that play sandbox games and that they would never make a game like that. Oh yes it is fun taking what people say out of context and adding your own personal slant to it.

? The devs have stated in various official interviews that GW2 has no quests, so I don't see why if they say the same to her what they said in official interviews, how that could suddenly be out of context? As for the comment of going to TOR forums, now that's just silly and irrelevant (I could say 'out of context' of the discussion), besides, dev quotes have been taken out of context a lot more and in worse ways in those threads than here. Nothing of the sort happening by this blogger.

For the rest, chill people, impression reports and blogs can be a lot more biased and out of touch with reality than the one she has given here image

OK let’s try this again when the Developers said there are no quests they are talking about dynamic events. Now the blogger is making it sound like ANet has lied and there are quests in the game, with that ANet has said all along that the personal story is like a single player RPG quest line. So tell me what the ANet Developers said that was wrong or what gave her the wrong impression if she would of did research into the game? So if she wants to make a big deal about ANet saying that GW2 doesn’t have any quest, then she can go ahead and show me a quest with the dynamic events. Until then her statement is taken out of context since that was never said about the personal story!

Also fixed part of that for you “relies on class-based run speed buffs” is wrong, unless you think sheathing weapons is a class based skill. You can look up videos and interviews and you will see that ANet has made the character run faster with their weapon sheathed. So it should say that there is no mounts and relies on sheathing weapons to make your character move faster. See that is true, what she said is false.

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51

Actually, I'm pretty sure that this part is true. Rallied/Revived people get a brief 1 second invulnerability period, to prevent instantly being KO'ed again. Unfortunately, I forget where the source is ):

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Reviewing a game before it even comes out is idiotic at best. It's bad not to mention what if the game comes out and is completely different then what is hyped and expected? Waste of energy.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

HAHA One review and we all have TAKEN IT A PART LOL. This should tell to ANET we have VERY HIGH EXPECTATION of this game!

OK let’s try this again when the Developers said there are no quests they are talking about dynamic events. Now the blogger is making it sound like ANet has lied and there are quests in the game, with that ANet has said all along that the personal story is like a single player RPG quest line. So tell me what the ANet Developers said that was wrong or what gave her the wrong impression if she would of did research into the game? So if she wants to make a big deal about ANet saying that GW2 doesn’t have any quest, then she can go ahead and show me a quest with the dynamic events. Until then her statement is taken out of context since that was never said about the personal story!

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. The devs have stated that various times that there'd be no quests in GW2, hell, GW2 fans have repeated over and over again in these same forums that GW2 has no quests in other discussions, so how come when that blogger repeated the same thing that devs said and that GW2 fans repeated on these and other forums, suddenly that blogger should have done her research and that she's stating things out of context?! 

What, because you didn't like her blog? You didn't like that she spouted critique?

She is saying the exact same things devs and fans are saying!!

Sorry, but you're not making sense at all.

Also fixed part of that for you “relies on class-based run speed buffs” is wrong, unless you think sheathing weapons is a class based skill. You can look up videos and interviews and you will see that ANet has made the character run faster with their weapon sheathed. So it should say that there is no mounts and relies on sheathing weapons to make your character move faster. See that is true, what she said is false.

Actually iirc you also have skills that can give players a speed boost.

Anyway, this debate is getting petty in the fussing about details.

If people don't like her blog because she wasn't lawyer-like precise in her descriptions and because she still dared to be not completely wildly enthusiastic about GW2, then that's their problem.

From where I look at it, she was pretty accurate in her description of her experiences with only a few slip ups in the whole of her commentary. Was it a fully detailed, thorough and objective review? No, but it was a blog and also not meant to be that.

Do I agree with her personal viewpoint and subjective taste of GW2 (look at her pink comments in a former post above)? No, not really, but then again, It's her taste and her view of how she felt about it after playing.

Anyway, this whole discussion is getting too bogged down in stupid details that I can see going on forever. So this is where I step away from it, it'd only be repeating and pingponging the same arguments from here on out any way.

Originally posted by dracopie

Actually, I'm pretty sure that this part is true. Rallied/Revived people get a brief 1 second invulnerability period, to prevent instantly being KO'ed again. Unfortunately, I forget where the source is ):

Ah, ok. If that's true then she was only clearly wrong about 1 remark she made, and that's the GCD. The rest of the things she said were accurate, even if (some) people might dislike her personal taste and preference in MMO gameplay.

Originally posted by nomss

HAHA One review and we all have TAKEN IT A PART LOL. This should tell to ANET we have VERY HIGH EXPECTATION of this game!

Lol. I have no idea what you mean, nor if the way you draw conclusions is correct, but it's definitely the case that the expectations are very high. I'd say it's even more hyped up than former MMO's like AoC, WAR or LotrO image

I think we demand that she change her entry. Delete the slip ups. LOL

I think we demand that she change her entry. Delete the slip ups. LOL

Lol. Heh, yeah, it certainly sounds like that's something people would prefer image

I think this is clearly a case of misunderstanding and meaning different things. Of course your xp isn't halved, but neither is there a locking down or locking out of XP or loot: if you and others that came around contributed to fight off the mobs, then the encounter scales up and you share in the overall loot and xp, even if you're not grouped up which makes this different from other MMO's.

That's what the whole casual/automatic grouping is about, no excluding others or group spawn camping or 'this is our mob/spot, pls leave'. Everyone who's near and helped in the fight, also shares in the overall xp and loot.

Also look at the videos with the Shatterer dragon fight where all the players around picked up the loot from the big chest after the fight. No purple items here where only a couple of people from a whole raidsize group can profit from.

I'm not about quote the dictionary here, but the simple fact is that we should not use the word "sharing" when it comes to the GW2 loot system because one of the principle meanings is that of dividing something up.  Even the way you use it is potentially confusing.  Saying things like "shares in the overall xp and loot" or "joins in the share" imply that there is a fixed amount.

I don't think either of us misunderstand it but somebody else who is reading this might, especially since GW2 is probably one of the few MMOs that has no loot division.  Even saying something like "anybody who contributes to a kill gets rewarded based on their level of participation" could imply splitting of xp, and that's the phrase I used but am looking at in a new light now.

I think for the sake of the people who are coming here to learn about the game we should all be very clear with our language.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

Oh man one BLOG entry, and we have shredded it to pieces. I just find this really funny lol. 14 pages on ONE blog entry which is about 3 months old.  But how many people even see her blog?

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. The devs have stated that various times that there'd be no quests in GW2, hell, GW2 fans have repeated over and over again in these same forums that GW2 has no quests in other discussions, so how come when that blogger repeated the same thing that devs said and that GW2 fans repeated on these and other forums, suddenly that blogger should have done her research and that she's stating things out of context?! 

What, because you didn't like her blog? You didn't like that she spouted critique?

She is saying the exact same things devs and fans are saying!!

Sorry, but you're not making sense at all.

Actually iirc you also have skills that can give players a speed boost.

Anyway, this debate is getting petty in the fussing about details.

If people don't like her blog because she wasn't lawyer-like precise in her descriptions and because she still dared to be not completely wildly enthusiastic about GW2, then that's their problem.

From where I look at it, she was pretty accurate in her description of her experiences with only a few slip ups in the whole of her commentary. Was it a fully detailed, thorough and objective review? No, but it was a blog and also not meant to be that.

Do I agree with her personal viewpoint and subjective taste of GW2 (look at her pink comments in a former post above)? No, not really, but then again, It's her taste and her view of how she felt about it after playing.

Why is this so hard to understand when the developers said there are no quests they are talking about dynamic events! So the blogger linking that comment to personal story is taking the quote out of context, since it was about dynamic events. And if any GW2 fan says no quest if they have done their research they are talking about dynamic events.  In fact when ANet describes the personal story they say that it is like a single player game quest line. So in fact the personal story should feel like a quest and everyone that actually listens to ANet should expect that feeling. So the blogger saying “I don’t care how many time this content designer told me GW2 doesn’t have quest” doesn’t mean a thing! Since we already know that the personal story should feel that way, and the idiot press people saying look ANet said there is no quest but look at the personal story it feels like a quest are wrong, since ANet described the personal story as being like a single player RPG.

How hard is this to understand Dynamic Events do not have quest, hence the developers and fans saying GW2 does not have quests. While the personal story is another feature of the game and it plays like a single player game quest line, and it feels like a quest. So the bloggers comment was pointless since we already know it feels like a quest, so why did she bring up what the developers and fans say about dynamic events when she is talking about the personal story? One comment has nothing to do with the other! Personal story does not equal dynamic events and the NO quest comments.

Oh so since characters have skills that give speed buffs that means the player relies on them over mounts?  So does that mean the sheathed weapon speed buff has nothing to do with the lack of mounts, and people out of combat are just going to be spamming their skills? Since that is what the blog says is going to happen!

Personal I do not care is she likes the game or not, but people spreading misinformation is not going to help this game when it launches. I do not expect this game to be perfect or the second coming, but I do expect it to live up to the videos that ANet has shown us since it is all in game footage. If she wants to bash GW2 and tell us all about how great LOTRO is in comparison, then go for it I do not care. But do not put misinformation or take things out of context to try and prove your point.

Oh man one BLOG entry, and we have shredded it to pieces. I just find this really funny lol. 14 pages on ONE blog entry which is about 3 months old.  But how many people even see her blog?

It doesn’t matter how many people have read her blog before. The whole points is to let anyone on this site that clicks on the link to know that the blog has some facts wrong and they should do their own research. I do not care if she likes LOTRO more than any game on the planet; it is not going to make me lose sleep. 

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

You explained that very well, but I don't understand why there was ever confusion about it. It was stated quite clearly in many videos and interviews. You don't have to group, and everyone gets a reward for participating in the encounter, which scales up in difficulty as more people participate. Seems clear. You might be unsure about the implementation, but the intention seems clear. No loot stealing. No mob camping. I mean, how many times have you had a quest to go kill Ivan the Terribad, only to find five or six people milling about, literally standing atop multiple corpses of the same person, the aforementioned Ivan. Far too many for me to count. And now, that's not going to happen. Ivan will get meaner and more Terribadder...er, as more people show up and try to kill him. And if we don't kill him, he'll try to kill us back. Him and that army.

And I don't understand why people are complaining about the personal storyline with regards to the statement about "no questing." I am sure the personal storyline seems like questing, but I don't think we have quite enough information to know for sure, and if that is even exactly like questing, it won't be, anyway. Because you won't be going from quest hub to quest hub doing mindless, mostly menial killing tasks. You will be progressing an actual story, probably doing dynamics events as you come upon them on the way. Sounds a damn sight better than questing to me.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

Originally posted by Dubhlaith

You explained that very well, but I don't understand why there was ever confusion about it. It was stated quite clearly in many videos and interviews. You don't have to group, and everyone gets a reward for participating in the encounter, which scales up in difficulty as more people participate. Seems clear. You might be unsure about the implementation, but the intention seems clear. No loot stealing. No mob camping. I mean, how many times have you had a quest to go kill Ivan the Terribad, only to find five or six people milling about, literally standing atop multiple corpses of the same person, the aforementioned Ivan. Far too many for me to count. And now, that's not going to happen. Ivan will get meaner and more Terribadder...er, as more people show up and try to kill him. And if we don't kill him, he'll try to kill us back. Him and that army.

My objection is to using the word "shared" or "sharing" when it comes to loot and XP.  MMO Maverick is using sharing like "taking part in", it could also very easily be misconstrued as "dividing up equally."  I know what I'm talking about, and it appears that MMO Maverick does as well.  But when he says things like "everyone who is part of the fight joins in the share" and "shares in the overall xp and loot" it implies that there is a fixed amount.  Someone who is unfamiliar with the game is going to get it wrong.

My objection is to using the word "shared" or "sharing" when it comes to loot and XP.  MMO Maverick is using sharing like "taking part in", it could also very easily be misconstrued as "dividing up equally."  I know what I'm talking about, and it appears that MMO Maverick does as well.  But when he says things like "everyone who is part of the fight joins in the share" and "shares in the overall xp and loot" it implies that there is a fixed amount.  Someone who is unfamiliar with the game is going to get it wrong.

Let's not split hairs about it, we both know how it'll be in GW2, even if the term "shared" can have a negative association or different meaning image

In fact though, if I had to give a quick short description of the system I'd have said the same as that blogger did and used the word 'share', although maybe I'd personally added a short comment to the sentence, something like 'mob encounters scale up to balance the number of players participating, but kills, XP and loot are shared even if you're not grouped up'.

But the fact that I'd add that comment to my description doesn't mean that the blogger was incorrect in the way she herself described it. Personally I knew immediately how she meant it and to what she was referring to in GW2 when I read it the first time.

• dracopiedracopie Member Posts: 51

"Skills have a global cooldown, like Rift."

Also, This might of been due to getting dazed, though I have no idea how you'd confuse standard global cooldown with a status effect that does...

So basically, no outright lies, some innaccuaracies, and almost 150 posts of dissection. image