Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate: Closed Beta Coming June 3rd

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Hellgate closed beta will officially launch on June 3rd. According to devs, there are still closed beta keys available on several North American and European sites for access to the game from T3 Entertainment.

The new and enhanced Hellgate, formerly known as Hellgate: London and including the Hellgate: Tokyo expansion, will reopen its gates to players who crave life and death encounters. Available in both third-person and first-person perspective, this dark world of futuristic demons utilizes random maps and intricate weapon customization to provide a refreshing gameplay experience. Hellgate also offers a choice for players to join other parties in multiplayer mode, or go it alone in a solo campaign - if they dare...

Read more about Hellgate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NiquityNiquity Member UncommonPosts: 30

hmmmm

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Yes, i got the key from here...client is 5.6Gb, so hope some fun at weekend.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

Installed and ready to go!

• gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160

No. Freaking. Way.

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Tera, Kingdoms of Amular, Firefall

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Where do i get a key?!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

I just got my key from ZAM http://www.zam.com/giveaways/hellgate.html

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138

in addition to the key which gives you 100 % chance to get into beta , you can go directly to the site and try your luck , theres a small red circle with a key hole shape on it and "GATES OF HELL" is wrighten on it if you click that  another screnn pops up and tells you if you can get in , that methoud gives you a 50% chance to get into beta, i was lucky and got in using that method, you can tell taht you got in because it will say "YOUR COURAGE HAS BEEN NOTED , YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN  TO EN TER THE GATES OF HELL, SEE YOU AT THE RIFT OF HELLGATE" theres alot of cinfusion about this but i am 99.99% sure taht i am right LOL

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Thanks Batak_Killer!  Got a key, can't wait for tomorrow.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Keys still available from ZAM, just got one.  Will definitely be trying the game this weekend.  I still have a boxed copy of the original and have not played it in years.

• Soldier101Soldier101 Member Posts: 111

didn't this game come out all ready? I remember playing this along time ago.

• BekaBeka Member UncommonPosts: 59

Someone can have this key, the downloader crashed right near the end and didn't save any of the files it had already downloaded and I'm not about to waste my bandwidth cap and time trying again with another 6 gig attempt. Grrrrrrrrrr

Hellgate key: 8S38-AMAZ-L3NC-U3S1

http://www.t3fun.com/MemberShip/SignUp_01.aspx

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Beka

Someone can have this key, the downloader crashed right near the end and didn't save any of the files it had already downloaded and I'm not about to waste my bandwidth cap and time trying again with another 6 gig attempt. Grrrrrrrrrr

Hellgate key: 8S38-AMAZ-L3NC-U3S1

http://www.t3fun.com/MemberShip/SignUp_01.aspx

Had the same thing, it's crashed repeattedly, and never saves anything... Not immpressive!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Note that the CB starts at 7:30 PM EDT..thats eastern daylight time.  That would be 4:30 PM PDT.  Dont confuse AM with PM right now it's about...14 hours away from the time of this post.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

what time in the uk and what day  

im sitting here with my  game downloaded  and  all ready to go 

• garrygarry Member Posts: 263

Can't get an email confirmation at all - tried several times - no luck. Too bad - one less player

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

They don't seem to want customers if they wont send emails to let an account be set up.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Originally posted by garry

Can't get an email confirmation at all - tried several times - no luck. Too bad - one less player

its a beta

it will be free 2 play forever, maybe if you didnt wait till 1 hr before launch you would have had some success

• menrinmenrin Member Posts: 14

I got in via the "Gates of Hell" button on T3Fun's page for Hellgate. I got the pop-up and said "My courage has been noted. You may enter the gates of Hell." I was like, "that's new."

I checked my email, no email stating I got in beta (still don't 20 hours later), however, last night Download 1 link worked and I was able to download the setup client. I started the download (5.6 gig) and installed this morning. I was able to bring up the game and to the main menu. Could not log in at that time.

Hopefully the servers will be open in 25 minutes. I'm still at work and won't know for an hour. Good luck to the rest that are freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• menrinmenrin Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Soldier101

didn't this game come out all ready? I remember playing this along time ago.

Yes, by Flagship Studios. Think it was Oct 31, 2008, maybe. The game was fresh and new but by the time you got in to your late teens you start seeing the same levels/stages/instances/maps again. And no, I don't mean the same textures....the exact same map. Monsters might be different or spawn in different locations but the layout was the same - not wait was promised by Bill Roper (Flagship CEO and Lead Designer of Diablo 1 & 2).

They multiplayer was hosted by Flagship and setup in a fashion like Guild Wars (map for you and/or you + party, instanced player towns). Which wasn't bad, what was bad was the very repitive nature of the maps. They came out with some price model that you could get better items and more content but a lot of people didn't buy in to that because of the failure of the what people were hoping for - a 3rd person Diablo. Most people couldn't get away from that hope and see it as entirely different game. I myself now think of it as Oblivion with faster combat, not as beautiful, and less sandbox-ish.

We'll see how it goes this round.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

fail to connect to authenticate servers