Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 3 features your MMO would have?

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Thats easy, the three main features of a game are:

1. Fun

2. Fun

3. More fun

For a computer game, its:

1. Great rulesystem

2. Great interface

3. Great world to explore

The three musthave features of a MMO:

1. Subscription without any microtransactions

2. Third person perspective

3. No item decay or any other form of treadmill gameplay

My three favorite ideas for the "ideal" MMO are:

1. Complex, deep, customizeable classes with individual gameplay feeling

2. Huge gameworld to explore, seamless and with realistic viewing distances

3. Meaningful PvP (not just stupid banditery, combat about influence and ressource ownership)

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

-high replayability (many starting zones or ways to start or develope your character),

- open world (no fences, mountain ranges, rivers every few steps you can't cross)

- powerful terraforming

Also: deep crafting, complex weather and seasons system, no item shops that effects gameplay in any way.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

1. A good reason (to hunt those 5 rabbits, to PvP, to do ANYTHING and not just for the sake of it)

2. Good economy system (In my opinion PvP is an importent part of an good economy system, but so is housing, player owned shops, gathering of resource and refining them)

3. multiply PLAYER RUN factions (so not guild that everyone can create, but a set amount of factions). I think player should get more control over the direction and allies of the faction, they should not be set in stone. Makes PvP more fun and dynamic.

• SlangerSlanger Member UncommonPosts: 280

Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

1. fully player driven economy

2. persistent territorial pvp for endgame

3. free skill-based character-advancement

so something like EVE in a fantasy- or medival-world. but it needs more than 3 things done right to make a good MMORPG.

Perfectly said!

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
    On the Backburner: EQ2
    Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
    RIP: AC2
    Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
    Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

• darthlopezdarthlopez Member Posts: 30

1) SWG style robust crafting system where crafted goods are better then looted goods.

2) Classless skill based character system without combat or character levels.

3) Robust player housing or city development system

• BogeBoge Member Posts: 182

Too bad.  I'm explaining mine.  If you don't want to read it, just read the title of each.

1. Scalable content. 

Enter any area with X amount of players at Y level and the area will scale the difficulty for your group.  This would allow all the content to be played repeatedly over and over without any further development being used to revamp the areas.  Development time could be spent on new scalable content.  Each level gained wouldn't mean you're too high level or too strong to play it.  Can't get an extra person to join you and your two pals?  No problem!  It scales.  Have too many friends for that typically 5 man dungeon?  No problem!  It scales.

2. Character customization options.

Hair styles, colors, facial hair, forearm adjustments, butt size, neck size, facial morphing of a HUGE variety of faces.  I'm not done, appearance tab is a must as well as dyes!  Want to look like a power ranger?  Fine.  Want to look normal?  Yep, can be done!

3. Random loot generation. 

Nothing has peeved me more than killing such and such boss over and over and over just hoping to get that one piece of equipment that will drop 6% of the time, just so I can look like a clone, same as every other class like me.  Who doesn't like the random loot drops of Diablo?  Getting a Violent slashing fine fire breathing long broadsword of hastely goblin slaying havoc is so much more exciting than seeing that same blue thing drop AGAIN.  What's that?  It would make the balance out of wack?  No it wouldn't.  Have it based off a point system.  Say an uncommon item can spawn with 100 points worth of goodies.  1 strength could coun't as 1 point, 10 crit rating could count as 10, or however you feel the best stats would be worth in a point system, and then it would be limited to the 100 points.  A rare could be 200 points, an epic could be 300 points.  Every epic that dropped at XX level would be the same equivilance in points.  It would be a matter of getting the statistics that you want or need.  Can't get a good drop?  Well too bad!  I guess you're just not lucky enough!  Are you going to cry about it?  Then play something else!

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

1. Open world no zones or instance

2. Freedom to play how ever i want.

3. PvP free for all full loot

P.S. On a note, i would love to have character creation with a many options and make it realy unique character.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

1. open world Western United Sates settings

2. No factions but Gang and Law Inforcment groups (player based)

3. Bounty System 

(so yes a full red dead redemption MMO)

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

1) classless system, or the ability to multi-class infinitely.  With Levels unlocking new skills (Asherons Call), or if class system, 100 levels for your char to gain, then at 100, the ability to pick a secondary class to level at 2x exp (semi horizons style, but not switching during)  Skills that would scale depending on which class you were playing.

2) ability to further improve my character (AA, unlimited exp spending in skill trees), tired, very tired of GEAR only grinding.

3) Open Sandbox crafting, ability to craft anything I want (if i level it) again scaling so second craft is 2x as hard to skill/level.  Ability to build/design everything, houses, boats, (alot of what Archeage is doing)

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237

One thing I would love to see in any mmo, is actual experimentation on any craftable item, in Eve's case, a ships bpo, that has had a few "extra bonus items" added to the mix to get an experimental value added to it, say maybe an extra 1% speed boost, or, maybe an extra .5% to tracking speed.

it can work in nearly all mmo also, extra percentage of damage potential for a weapon, protection, or, anything else,  But, it has to be a bonus, and , it may also be a negative to a character also, or, the item in question can be sold to hapless ppl :)

• Sanity888Sanity888 Member UncommonPosts: 185

This will be a challenge...

1. Player made factions.

2. Player made cities.

3. Politics, Crafting, Combat.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I have more then 3 features so here goes:

1. Huge seemless world (as big or bigger then Dereth in  Asherons Call)

2. No factions or capital cities

3, Classless  XP based skills (as in AC)

4. Dynamic loot (Diablo & AC style)

5. solo and small group focused random spawning dungeons

6. A very harsh death penalty (AC style, exept cant drop equipped items)

7. No mounts but a portal type of travel system (similar to AC)

8. guild allegiance system similar to AC

9. DAoC style PvP frontiers with a huge open dungeon for PvEvP

10. No resilence

11. Open dungeons (NO INSTANCES WHAT SO EVER)

12. A very long leveling game but whereby the journey is the reward (no endgame)

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• regubareguba Member Posts: 56

1. Well defined group mechanics for combat.

2. Slick, well thought out and sensible crafting abilities.

3. Intuitive, innovative and polished UI that encourages customization.

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

1Crafting

2.big explorable world

3.enjoyment should be a featue imo.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

1.  Huge variety in character creation/progression.

2.  Player interdependence.

3.  Reasonable payment plan.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

1. A lot of different type of content, more than current MMO's have. Like different ways to level, pve, pvp, more crafting options, minigames, etc...

2. Easy to Understand, but deep Progression system, whether it is class-based, skill-based, or another type. I would like a combo of class and skill.

3. A great combo of a story and a world (kind of like Lord of the Rings books).

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Character development based on skills

Seamless world

Land and player house ownership

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

1. Gigantic open seemless world to explore.

2. Complex and highly customizable skill system.

3. Player made towns and settlements.

.............oh and it CANNOT be a fantasy setting. Let's try post apoc, horror-survival, steampunk, sci-fi or the like. Enough elves and lightning bolts for crying out loud.

Joined - July 2004

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

-unprecedented character customization
    -huge seamless world
    -no power progression

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• StefoxyStefoxy Member Posts: 3

Endless ideas ! This game presents all i want in one MMORPG !

1. Guild

2. Wars

3. TWO

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

- Mount & Blade combat mechanics

- Dynamic territory control

- Dynamic NPC growth / decay based on settlement evolution

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

1. huge seamless world

2. three playable factions

3. crafting on par with raid gear

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

LOTRO & EQ2 have what I like in an MMO right now.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

1. Full on fantasy (lots of races and classes and swords and armor. fantasy stuf like that)

2. Dynamic story and combat

3. Being able to stick to the game for more than a year and not get bored!!!!!!!!!!

• malrodmalrod Member Posts: 87

1. housing

2. meaningful crafting

3. immersive world

live long and prosper
    strength and honor

if urgent do it yourself
    if you have time-delegate it
    if you have forever-form a committee