Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

first guild raid advice

WarnyWarny Member Posts: 48

my guild is about to enter a raid in cata for the first time, we have a mixture of old raiders to some first timers ( all are first timers in cata raids tho) were Heroic / Z geared.

My question, what is the best maybe eaisest raid to go for first to get the guilds feet wet.

looking for the most stright foward boss fight so the guild can just get into the swing of things.

Comments

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144

I advise mixing up some bosses. Halfus is usually the easiest to kill, then Magmaw, then Twin Dragons. (Valliona and Therion) You'll need two tanks for Halfus, a good ranged build for Magmaw, and nothing special for twin dragons, but it's healing intensive, and everyone needs to know what their doing. If you do this, you'll have two bosses in Bastion of the Twilight, so it's easy to move on to the twilight council. Their harder than the twin dragons. Be prepared to wipe a LOT. Those are the easy ones. Make sure everyone can run the new heroics. You might evn get some good loot. I'd suggest getting a Dual-spec tank, downing Halfus, having when switch to secondary, down Magmaw, then attempt Twin Dragons. Make sure they all have DBM and some form of instant communication, because they'll need it indefinately. Especially for Twin dragons and Magmaw. 

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144

I'd also like to advise that you learn all the abilities, and make everyone watch a good video or something. Tankspot or whatever, in addition to telling everyone your strat. You may have to mix it up a littl, to fit your group. For example, we had a pallidin kite with consecrate for the mobs on Magmaw, who you'll need to kill. It's that, or a really good ranged DPS group, who can move fast. Start with Halfus, he's easy, depending on which dragons are up. 

• WarnyWarny Member Posts: 48

Thanks Hell BoT it  is, i think first two boss seem ok ( depending on which dragons we get for first boss )

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Come next patch they are nerfing the encounters by up to 20% I believe. But you'll probably have them down anyways :)

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

next patch blizzard are adding a new feature that tells you about the boss encounters, not how to beat them but tell you about the boss abilities.

{mod ediit - image resized}