Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative Withdraw Methods?

stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

I cannot use Netteller because I live in the U.S. and I do not want to give MindArk my bank acount number and routing number.  Those are the only two options at first glance to withdraw from Entropia.

Anyone have any idea how I can withdraw without giving up sensitive bank account info which could allow them to withdraw from my account whenever they feel like it?  I've got a paypal account.

What are my options here.  I am willing to take an additional % hit to my withdrawal in addition to what MindArk already charges for withdraws.  I just want to get my money out of that game so I can quit and be done with it lol.

Comments

• narfinarfi Member UncommonPosts: 178

The safest way to withdraw would be to go through the proper and sanctioned channels.

I don't think there is any consern with giving Mind Ark your information, they have done a good job at keeping everything secure so far and will continue to do so in the future.

I withdrew just over 3,000usd last fall with no issues at all and live in the US as well.

Double check all the information with your bank before entering it on the site and then start the withdrawl process. (I think minimum withdrawl amount is 1000ped)

Another option which is a very grey area is to sell your ped to someone you know in the game who would give you the money through paypal. There is some controversy as to if this is allowed through the eula or not, but from what I understand it isnt against the rules, just recomended against because of the potential for scamming and issues from that.

You will likely have a hard time selling your ped to someone you dont know since they dont know the history behind your ped or want to give out their own info either. (sure paypal is secure, but people are always cautious)

The main issue would be that suppose for the sake of argument you had been a scammer, and gave them the ped/items in exchange for them paying you through paypal. It would be their avatar stuck with the dirty peds/items and it would be them that got locked and paying the consequences. This is why you will find it hard to sell to people in the game.

Again I would just recomend going through the proper channels, if you have played within the rules, then there is no issue with withdrawing properly through the game. (except time, it takes 1.5-2 months to get the money into your bank acount)

gl and have fun,

narfi