Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

/RANT I hate Network Television and I hope they all burn.

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I'm done with network cable TV, time after time they cancel every single sci fi series and replace It with another dump ass cop or reality show clone, they canceled The Event, V and every other sci fi show on the network, I did hear Netflix is going to start programming there own shows and may pick up droped shows (The Event) and if thats true I'm cutting my cable and just having HBO and Netflix, screw network TV.  Im so sick of them cutting good sci fi shows only to replace that canceled show with another Clone, Hummm sounds alot like the MMO industry, nothing but clones lol.

The problem is the majority of Americans are so closed mined to ever get into a show thats out of there frame of mind (or to dumb to understand it) so most Americans like crap shows like American Idol, Law & Order and all the other hundreds of Clones, really whats the difference between Law & Order and Law & Order LA, Miami and the 10 thousand other shows about the same crap? or even worst Americas got Talent and American Idol?  The only sci fi show left is Fringe which I love but even thats lagging on the ratings.

THANK GOD Game of Thrones is on HBO and Its kicking ass in the ratings so at least I'll be happy for at least 3 years but dammit I need my Sci Fi FIX.

/End Rant

/Thoughts?

List one of your fav. shows that got canned by network TV?

Comments

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Now now,wouldn't want to stimulate the sheeples imagination with sci-fi. Best to keep the drones mesmerized with drama and "reality" tv...

Yeah i agree tv is nearly worthless,even the "history" channel is not about history... it's about pawnstars,and swamp people image

The only remotely good show is Dual Survival on discovery...

• Pro-PainPro-Pain Member Posts: 141

i dunno you can catch good ole fashioned looney toons during the day again so it can't be that bad

the struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

The same crap happened to the PC gaming..  catering to the lowest common denominator "console gamers" is such a FAIL

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by Warjin

The way SGU ended really pissed me off... lol

• GerethGereth Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Precusor

Originally posted by Warjin

The way SGU ended really pissed me off... lol

... to the end of SGU o was so mad what a shit thing to do SyFy can burn as well there idiots.

Honor, Valor, Truth are in the heart of the true and the one.

- Gereth Deepdale

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

Well, to bad Network TV pretty much owns TV. I know, we all hate them sometimes. You could send hate mail or maybe even some fake Anthrax their way and they would ignore you. Network TV will never appreciate their millions of users, unfortunately. Losing one is nothing to them, losing a hundred is nothing. Its when they lose thousands and thousands when they care. So, they know, no matter what crappy programming they televise, they'll still own.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Blame DVRs. At this point, after all the great shows that have been cancelled prematurely in the last few years(not just network shows), I'd gladly give up my ability to skip commercials to save even a handful of the best ones. In the end it'll cost me maybe 2 hours of week of commercial time I'd normally skip, but it'd be worth it.

Oh, also blame the fans that absolutely refuse to accept change. The "fans" are the reason Star Trek has been off the air for 6 years and Stargate will likely be off the air for many years to come. God forbid your show doesn't end each week with everyone having a laugh together at the expense of the alien who just doesn't understand humans or whatever other campy crap made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Bitches.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Out of 100 shows, we have

50 of those are cop/hospital,lawfirm series

40 are sit coms

9 are talkshows

1 are si fi that will be cancled 1 year later.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

The only medical show worth watching is House, but even that I would rather watch on MY time via DVR or netflix(whenever they make it streamable).  So tired of paying cable companies for 500+ channels of which I watch maybe 5 total.  On top of them canceling shows I really like.  Like V and SGU and a few years ago Journeyman as well as Fox's blunders with Firefly and a few others.  Sad.

• GerethGereth Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Laserwolf

Blame DVRs. At this point, after all the great shows that have been cancelled prematurely in the last few years(not just network shows), I'd gladly give up my ability to skip commercials to save even a handful of the best ones. In the end it'll cost me maybe 2 hours of week of commercial time I'd normally skip, but it'd be worth it.

Oh, also blame the fans that absolutely refuse to accept change. The "fans" are the reason Star Trek has been off the air for 6 years and Stargate will likely be off the air for many years to come. God forbid your show doesn't end each week with everyone having a laugh together at the expense of the alien who just doesn't understand humans or whatever other campy crap made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Bitches.

Umm there is no reason to be rude or to call people names ... Grow up

Honor, Valor, Truth are in the heart of the true and the one.

- Gereth Deepdale