Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arn - The Knight Templar on Netflix Instant

LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Great movie. I grabbed it for my queue months ago because I save anything that looks medieval or sci-fi for further consideration, but I ignored it because I figured it was some B foreign movie that would be a mix of low budget and poor story telling. It actually looks fantastic, had a budget to rival any recent American release, and honestly never felt like a foreign movie at all. They speak Arabic, French, Latin, English, and a lot of Swedish of course, but your never really notice that the movie isn't English-based because so many are spoken.

The story, at least the part that takes place in the "Holy Land" is very similar to Kingdom of Heaven which must have been inspired by the same book trilogy this was based on. If you enjoy movies like Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, and really any other film of this type I highly recommend it.

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Very interesting to hear what you think about that movie : )

Im from Sweden myself. Did you know there is a six hour long version for TV?

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by daarco

When was it aired?, must have missed it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Thanks I'll give it a look.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Originally posted by Torgrim

Originally posted by daarco

When was it aired?, must have missed it.

I think it was a year ago or something.