Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what?

I read the FAQ, i read the entire site, and i saw absolutly nothing that interested me...  they plan on "
building off the sucess of previous mmorpgs" ... well i have news for you Vanguard Developers... Blizzard already beat you there ... and people are getting bored. 

This game sounded similar to every game on the market right now... in the FAQ underneath the question "Why should i play your game as i already have a character/guild in another"  they responded by the usualy boasting about thier MMORPG experience and that their game will be new and the game your playing will be old... i almost laughed out loud.

They stated that it will be another level grinder, and that they are even putting an emphesis on item aquisation.

They said there will be different zones for each type of gamer... a quick groupless zone for the casual gamer and a zone which will require a group for the more hardcore gamer... what about the hardcore gamer that cant find a group, or likes to solo?

It doesnt look all bad... they claim that their monster AI is tough and that it will require group tactics to be sucessful.  I dont know how much i beleive it, because they didnt go into any detail.  They said they are keeping some of thier "unique 3rd gen innovative ideas" under wraps for now...  so until this game breaks out thier secret innovative weapons, i wont be waiting for it.

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Basically they want to redo EQ with a few twist(casual friendly twists mostly, now dont read me wrong, I dont say the game will be casual friendly, I say the twist, compare to EQ, are toward casual friendly).

The game is heading toward been a raiding alternative to EQ.  Newer graphics, eventually possibly as much content, no ego lost at going to Vanguard if you left EQ and your ego dont allow you to come back.

And you have a few ''Kenders'' gamers on the side, like me, that keep annoying them for a solo or group oriented gameplay that have nothing to do with raiders on some specific servers...and they take the time to tell me no with vagues answer enought so I keep looking.  No again.  No again.  No again.  No again.  And we can keep going until they get tired of answering me and I keep asking endlessly.  But they dont bear it and they come and say no again, and again and again.  image

Vanguard is well feed by Microsoft, you wont see much risks taken, they will settle for a smaller but safer result.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• GrestehGresteh Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by doobster
    I read the FAQ, i read the entire site, and i saw absolutly nothing that interested me... they plan on "building off the sucess of previous mmorpgs" ... well i have news for you Vanguard Developers... Blizzard already beat you there ... and people are getting bored.

people are getting bored from wow because it's very easy, there is no risk, the risk vs reward is not balanced, your equipment is worth nothing because it's too easy to get newer items... it's a begginer mmorpg, so old school players are finishing the game faster than Blizzard can produce new content.

This game sounded similar to every game on the market right now... in the FAQ underneath the question "Why should i play your game as i already have a character/guild in another" they responded by the usualy boasting about thier MMORPG experience and that their game will be new and the game your playing will be old... i almost laughed out loud.
    They stated that it will be another level grinder, and that they are even putting an emphesis on item aquisation.

to every game? not really, nowdays most games are going to have instancing and focus to casual gamers, vanguard is going to be focused on core gamers, players that can devote a couple of hours every day and enjoy with a "world" rather than a "game".

But vanguard is not going to be a level grinder, since you have multiple options to develop a character like tradeskilling(deeper than any other game in the market), Harvesting and Diplomacy.

They said there will be different zones for each type of gamer... a quick groupless zone for the casual gamer and a zone which will require a group for the more hardcore gamer... what about the hardcore gamer that cant find a group, or likes to solo?

he will be able to play in the casual areas, and buy high end items form other players, most items will be dropable and he can do other things like harvesting, tradeskilling or diplomacy.

It doesnt look all bad... they claim that their monster AI is tough and that it will require group tactics to be sucessful. I dont know how much i beleive it, because they didnt go into any detail. They said they are keeping some of thier "unique 3rd gen innovative ideas" under wraps for now... so until this game breaks out thier secret innovative weapons, i wont be waiting for it.

most innovative ideas have been released, Vanguard's FAQ is outdated, you should check the fansites. Im sure that you will find a lot of interesting and innovative things if you check their articles.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Doobster, the FAQs are a bit outdated and they don't even explain the features that are already implemented, let alone the ones that will be implemented in the features.
    Also I want to point out that Vanguard is still in Alpha, so not all the new features have been disclosed.
    That s why you can't find anything useful in the official site.

Read the official forum and the several interviews released by Brad McQuaid, you will have a better idea of the game, and how is shaping up.

I can tell you there are already a couple of new features, which are pretty original, like Diplomacy (which means also higher NPC Artificial Intelligence), anti-camp system (If your group/raid gets hold of a particular Item a Named Mob will spawn just for your group/raid, no one else will be able to engage him), also Vanguard will have player built cities (borrowed by Ultima Online, but 3D!!!).
    More features are still to come, but because they are not being implemented, Sigil prefer not to talk about it.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Weeee I can't wait finally a game I can get into and take a break from these freakin forums for about a decade image