Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you go back to WoW or play WoW if ...

odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

heres a simple question / poll    plz discuss why and or why not

Comments

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

I "played" WoW for a little while. About 6-8months and several level 80's / 70's (TBC). And about 4months shortly after launch, 1 level 60. 

I will never go back. I think the game is terrible. It's the most pathetic excuse for an "MMO" I've ever seen. The Wife still plays every now and again, and it's worse now than I could have ever imagined it would get. 

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Never: there is no way they would ever go back to the pre-BC system.  They would just find some equally insidious way to drive up their profit margins under the guise of "we love the players."

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Better PvP than maybe

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Without getting into too much of a rant...

I'm done with WoW, and probably every Blizzard game.

Actiblizzion has shown their true colors in the last couple years, and  it's a lot of green. Sure they're a company and their goal is to make money, but it seems like they aren't even aiming for quality anymore, simply on how to make the quickest cheapest buck possible.

I value my time and money too much to waste it on Blizzard games anymore.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Ceridith

Actiblizzion has shown their true colors in the last couple years, and  it's a lot of green. Sure they're a company and their goal is to make money, but it seems like they aren't even aiming for quality anymore, simply on how to make the quickest cheapest buck possible.

i agree with you 100% i bet even if they did make / have vanilla servers blizz would try to most deff pay a extra fee for it lol

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

hmmm

lets see first they would have to add the appearance tab with armor and clothing dye system

(no more looking like a clone)

next they would have to add player/guild housing system so people stop standing around in the cities shacking their Epenis at each other

open back up the class tree's so people can build their own spec, and at the same time add skills that only work in pvp or skills that only work in pve... this way they can stop ruining the classes  trying to balance around arena/pvp

a more indepth and better crafting system and let the crafters make some the best armor and weapons in the game, and at the same time make gear not matter so much in the first place

add more social and sandbox elements to the game... look no futher than SWG, VG, LOTRO and EQ2

dipolmacy, card games, mini games more events the players can do together that does not involve killing monsters

and last add open world dungeons to the game and bring back the world bosses... people should beable to run into others when out adventuring and at the very least this get people back out into the game world so they stop standing around in the towns

to be honest Blizz should look at what ArcheAge is doing and add as much of it to WoW as they can..... the main problem with WoW is the fact the game engine can't handle large scale pvp at all

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• The_QuesterThe_Quester Member Posts: 80

If there were vanilla-type servers with no add-ons im there.

At least until i get tired.

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

I'm done with them as well.  Why would they even think it's right to charge a monthly fee on the next call of duty just so you can experience multiplayer content?

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

None of those choices.

I would go back and play WoW if i didnt have to buy every single expansion spending what $130? screw that.

The graphics are beautiful, if you dont like the cartoony style theres plenty of other games to play.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Agreed (with extra greed, just like ActiBlizz)- however if the nickle and diming wasn't occurring I'd definitely want choices 1 and 2, but moreso after playing Rift (which was great in beta but is just boring as hell now) I'd say if they continue focusing on the tank-healer-DPS trinity then they need to expand the trees in the different classes so that every class can perform two of those roles with the proper specs. It's stupid that some classes like druids and paladins have so much range in what they can do where warlocks, mages, and rogues do not.

I see no reason at all why they couldn't make an evasion tank spec for rogues or even allow warlocks to use something like a metamorphosis-like stance to become a demon tank. I would also ask on top of that for the ability to play a heavy support type build such as Rift's chloromancer or WAR's disciple of Khaine.

As it is WoW is just a playskool MMO.

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt
    hmmm
    lets see first they would have to add the appearance tab with armor and clothing dye system
    (no more looking like a clone)

this. well sort of. if it had this in the past i would have never quit in the first place. but it's not enough to get me to come back. the only way id come back is if they got rid of the bind on pickup mechanic.

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• You can get back to vanilla, but you can't get that vanilla feeling anymore that you had when everyone was noob. Nevertheless I'd definitely play vanilla if it wouldn't cost too much. --> having a hard time to kill a mob 2 levels higher, rare loot thats really good, balanced pvp teams in battlegrounds, etc. :)

Back in the days I boosted a guild to top5 server which was full of newbies except 2 or 3. That kind of spirit you just don't get anymore.

The spirit like "omg you need to do this epic quest? I'm coming!" Instead of:

"..."

"wtf you cant solo it lol"

"im busy grinding"

"im playing 35987345 other mmorpgs and then my xbox, playstation 3 and my girlfriend and will be back later"

"we dont help you, you get to max level and gear up in randoms and pugs and then you can join if ur good enough (but you cant because we'll be ahead every time anyway and we're gonna label you as the lazy asshole that just wants boosting)"

A friend had a private server once so it is possible but it wont be balanced, you need a crew for that to make it balanced and thus challenging and fun.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    I'm still playing, but it sure does need some better PvP.

Eleanor Rigby.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I can't choose an answer, as for me it will be : id they add new expantion instate Cata

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2