Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free to play PvP MMORPG's with new servers?

CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

Are there any good free to play MMORPGs that have PvP and a fresh server opening soon? I'd like to start even on a level playing field instead of having a bunch of level 100's rolling over you at spawn spots. 

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Age of Conan is about to do both - go partially free to play and launch a new PvP server. But the new PvP server will be a 'hardcore' server. Not 100% sure what that means last time I checked the official forums.  

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

Originally posted by astoria

Age of Conan is about to do both - go partially free to play and launch a new PvP server. But the new PvP server will be a 'hardcore' server. Not 100% sure what that means last time I checked the official forums.  

Thanks for the info! I read that the new server is coming in a week or two. New PvP server where everyone starts the same sounds awesome. Link to some info:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=2946712#post2946712

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

Has anyone tested out the new CC changes?

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Bump! Looking for the same thing, but I've already played AoC.

• MisalignedMisaligned Member UncommonPosts: 45

Originally posted by Korby

Bump! Looking for the same thing, but I've already played AoC.

Keep in mind the new PvP server will have a whole new ruleset. Everyone will be starting from level 1 and you can only have 1 character so reputation matters. No guards, anywhere. Most likely will feature inventory/coin looting and possibly a token system as well.

Last time I checked though the subscribers will definitely have an advantage over F2P folks.

That's the problem with most F2P PvP games -- the people who spend money will almost always have an advantage.