Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW launching new Epic Mount at Blizzard Store.

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

It's not just a mount but an Epic mount.  :rolleyes:

I got an idea bliz, how about getting rid of your cash shop & make the mounts drop from bosses.

~GREEDY~

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• The_QuesterThe_Quester Member Posts: 80

I really dont know how anyone spent 25 beans on a mount.

That is a tremendously real fan of the game.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by The_Quester

What gives us any right to judge what someone spends there money on? It's not a game effecting major change that changes the game for anyone.

If someone wants to drop $20+ on a mount then they can if they want.

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by BribarianI

Blizzard's cashgrabs will probably be why I skip over Titan

Biggest Bait-and-Switch scammers in a long time.

Those words. They don't mean what you think they mean.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by toodlepip123

Originally posted by BribarianI

Blizzard's cashgrabs will probably be why I skip over Titan

Biggest Bait-and-Switch scammers in a long time.

Those words. They don't mean what you think they mean.

lol it's too easy but "These are not the words you are looking for."

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Very greedy company with no credibility at all  . No matter how good any mmo they produce in the future is at the start I would'nt invest any time in it because it inevitably end up like WoW is today .  Still the mount will do well as the kids pressure thier parents to buy it for them so I guess they are smart as well as greedy . But not smart enough to realise that short term gain over long term credibility is not a wise path to take. It will be thier undoing eventually .

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by Recant

I really didn't like the Astral Steed or whatever it's called the first time around, hopefully it'll be something cooler.  Anyone got any idea what it is?

There was a screenshot on the WoW forums last month. They took the lion mount you get when your guild reaches level 25 and they put wings on it.

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

i like the sparkly pony because when i see a player riding one, i know in advance that they royally suck at world of warcraft.

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• The_QuesterThe_Quester Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Thomas2006

What gives us any right to judge what someone spends there money on? It's not a game effecting major change that changes the game for anyone.

Yes that's why i said, said person must be a real fan.

But still, 25 bucks has to be the most expensive item that is not affecting major change to anyone.

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Very greedy company with no credibility at all  .

I'd say over 11 million subscribers is pretty credible. I'd say their return on investment is incredible. I'd say the credibility of their quarterly reports is pretty high.

Yeah I wonder how many people thought the sun rotated around the earth and were wrong.  Don't see how 11 million means anything.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Originally posted by Thomas2006

I bought the mount and i wasnt offended by what he posted. I was a HUGE fan of WoW, played it for six years and it was time to move on. I'd pick it up and play again right now if i didnt have to re-buy every expansion. But i am fine without playing it. It was a legendary game.

I dont support the idea of micro-transactions in subscription based games but reality is what it is. I wanted the mount, i wanted the panderan monk so i got em.

The funny and ironic thing is thats just a reason im glad im not still playing it.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

As much as they say Bobby Kotick doesn't have any influence or control of Blizzard, it's kind of funny how this is coming out at the same time as their "premium services".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html#ixzz1NvCPqjyQ

Talks about Bobby Kotick wanting to add an "elite" service for Call of Duty.

"In an interview, Activision Chief Executive Bobby Kotick said he isn't worried about pushback from gamers about the Call of Duty Elite fee because players will still be able to compete against each other online without subscribing to the service. While he is coy about many of the offerings that will be included in the service, Mr. Kotick said Call of Duty Elite, and the customer-service operation that will be needed to support it, wouldn't be possible if the service was free. "This is an enormous investment," he said."

*eye roll*

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by marquisk2

I'd say over 11 million subscribers is pretty credible. I'd say their return on investment is incredible. I'd say the credibility of their quarterly reports is pretty high.

Yeah I wonder how many people thought the sun rotated around the earth and were wrong.  Don't see how 11 million means anything.

Haha..I don't know what is your point exactly, but what you stated is like one man's FACT against the rest of the world's BELIEF.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Selling additional content and at the same time charge both monhly fees and box sales annoys me.

I am not particularly annoyed on Blizzard, SOE or someone else but stuff like this is what will kill the P2P payment. 

I just can't see how all the money we pay can't be enough to provide all the content, and if it can't can they just aise the monthly fee a buck or 2.

Sure, I don't have to buy but it is more about the principle, I play P2P games because I want a static fee every month all included, if they sell stuff is there really no reason for me not to play a F2P or B2P game.

Both Blizzard and SOE needs to either stop this or go F2P before GW2 releases or they will be eaten alive. 

You can't both eat the cake and save it for later.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

lol...

I think blizzard should be working more on extra content and on things that are driving players to quit after years , and less on unimportant things like pets/mounts.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Loke666

Selling additional content and at the same time charge both monhly fees and box sales annoys me.

I am not particularly annoyed on Blizzard, SOE or someone else but stuff like this is what will kill the P2P payment. 

I just can't see how all the money we pay can't be enough to provide all the content, and if it can't can they just aise the monthly fee a buck or 2.

Sure, I don't have to buy but it is more about the principle, I play P2P games because I want a static fee every month all included, if they sell stuff is there really no reason for me not to play a F2P or B2P game.

Both Blizzard and SOE needs to either stop this or go F2P before GW2 releases or they will be eaten alive. 

As long as it is vanity items I don't see an issue although I can see it being a very slippery slope.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Wow.. absolutely astonishing! A thread about a new Mount.

Srsly guys, you gotta be kidding me.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

As for me I am not against profit chasing. But before claiming their objectives to be making more money, they really should start announcing they're making more game value.

Gamers money is a reward, not a resource.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Originally posted by stayontarget
    I got an idea bliz, how about getting rid of your cash shop & make the mounts drop from bosses.

~GREEDY~

Blizzard also revealed 5 mounts that you can get from rep rewards, PvP, achievements and boss drops.

But obviously thats not news worthy.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by stayontarget

~GREEDY~

Blizzard also revealed 5 mounts that you can get from rep rewards, PvP, achievements and boss drops.

But obviously thats not news worthy.

$15 a month subscription that gets you several additional mounts, new dungeons, new raid, new gear, etc. plus a month of gameplay.

vs.

$25 for a single mount.

Yep... the mount is still a rip off.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Honestly with the way things are going and all these subscription based games keep pushing micro-transactions i just might go back to sticking to single player games.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

Originally posted by jpnz

Originally posted by Loke666

As long as it is vanity items I don't see an issue although I can see it being a very slippery slope.

I wouldnt be surprised if they eventually start selling heirlooms. I dont think there is some "holy principle" they believe in that prevents them from ever doing that. They could claim that you still need to raid or do Arena if you want the best items. And that they never intend to sell raid loot. And lesser items such as heirlooms are only intended to help you level up alts. And are not important when "the real game" starts at max level.

So it really is a slippery slope. And they will be tempted to add more items to the shop when the executives demand higher profits. And specially if they start to lose some subcribers when new popular games are released.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    They're selling an OPTIONAL new VANITY mount for real money? Activision is to be blamed, greed, WoW hate, Oblivion is better etc etc.
    Seriously, how the heck does a vanity mount hurt the game?

Eleanor Rigby.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

There was a time when you could get every single mount in the game through paying a sub. It's a shame that Blizzard have forgotten that and its alliance with Activision has created the nickel and dime regime that they have now become. I've dropped WoW and am glad I'm not in it any more. Paying a sub and funding a cash shop just for playing a game is not my ideal form of leisure. Phew that was a close one. Nickel and dime? No thanks. I might be playing D&D now but I only pay when I feel like it rather have to pay monthly and bankroll an online store as well. And D&D has no mounts at present, so they can't get me that way as Blizzard are now doing to the masses bound to their accounts.