Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvE MMOs and loot

lifehuelifehue Member Posts: 77

So I've been thinking wouldn't it be cool to instead of having loot be random and hard to get, it should be "what you see is what you get" kind of loot system. For example, I noticed that when you are killing an animal/ beast type mob it drops nothing but fur/leather/bones/teeth ans so forth. So why shouldn't it be the same for humanoid mobs? yes they did it when it comes to coin drops, but it would be much cooler if they drop ONLY the armor they are wearing and the weapons they are using at a rate of %100, hence "what you see is what you get". I understand that the economy in the world would be bad that way, but not unless you make the common drops selling peices quite cheap, and then have Really hard to kill mobs that have epic armors and items!

I know it might need a lot of tweeking and thinking in order to make this loot system work right to balane the economy of the game world!

Comments

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

But why? Just for the sake of "realism"? What's the appeal?

• Swollen_BeefSwollen_Beef Member UncommonPosts: 190

Originally posted by Disdena

But why? Just for the sake of "realism"? What's the appeal?

sounds like instead of selling piles of dirt, or rat giblets, you are selling rusted swords or moldy leather gloves

its a new coat of paint is all

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Mobs should drop materials, not gear. Crafters should be needed for a reason, even in themepark pve games.

• jonnyhicksjonnyhicks Member Posts: 4

But would your idea not lead to some baddies never getting killed when people know that their drop is not what they are after and the baddies with the good drops would be farmed 24/7 for their more useful drops.

I personally like the chance of a random good drop

In Eve the laser ships drop laser related goodies and the armour tankers drop armour stuff,  but there are loads of different types and a few odd things thrown in as well. So i guess that's a mix between WYSIWYG with the inclusion of a rare type of drop.