Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

But seriously, suggest a good MMO to play for my style

jonnyhicksjonnyhicks Member Posts: 4

Ive been playing eve for a few years having grown out of runescape.

I need something new. Having grown up with Xcom, simcity, battle isle II and the likes.

I dont do the WoW thing and prefer something with a bit of thinking involved and dont mind waiting for the buzz of success.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Eve.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• jonnyhicksjonnyhicks Member Posts: 4

hmmmm, someone else waiting for the patch to be deployed i see.

TBH i dont want to give up on eve, just need something else to do while im mining.

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

Tried Black Prophecy?

It is... Eve-ish.

You might like it.

• Are you looking for a short break from EVE?  Or a new game to play for the long haul?

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

Have you tried RTS games? Just curious. I am actually trying EVE, but if you want another MMO that isn't a themepark perhaps trying another genre could work for you.

• jonnyhicksjonnyhicks Member Posts: 4

the last RTS i played was total anihilation, which i enjoyed. Not sure whats new on the RTS front.

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by jonnyhicks

the last RTS i played was total anihilation, which i enjoyed. Not sure whats new on the RTS front.

End Of Nations is a MMORTS, but not released yet. I think Trion is developing this.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Black Prophecy is awesome.

Vindictus

Land of Chaos

Dynasty Warriors

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

if you like xcom, try atlantica online

http://atlantica.nexon.net/Guide/Game_Battle

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I personally don't see any reason someone would actually play eve, the game is fairly craptastic gameplay wise, but to each their own.

Vindictus is a fairly good game. Maybe give that a shot.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!