Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE TRIAL !!!

Comments

• ThanosxpThanosxp Member UncommonPosts: 177

it's not working yet, is it? I mean, i'm trying to get a free trial there, but can't find it

=/

• shadow024shadow024 Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by Thanosxp

it's not working yet, is it? I mean, i'm trying to get a free trial there, but can't find it

=/

The page to do so is launching today, so keep waiting. It'll happen soon enough. 

• AlienShoresAlienShores Member UncommonPosts: 79

I'd hoped it would launch more towards the start of the day so I could begin the download and get registered and all that :)

For some reason I've always wanted to give Aion a try, but always shied away from it.  Time to finally give it a shot.  Having built a new gaming system and seeing that 2.5 here brings in a higher level of graphics it seems pretty good timing.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Aion is 50% on D2D right now

Only $15: http://www.direct2drive.com/8510/product/Buy-Aion:-Assault-on-Balaurea-Download

I'm gonna play the trial tonight and buy it if I like it, I really need something to play.

Originally posted by shadow024

Oh look, its up. https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/quickStart.pl?qsr=410MpZyNzf0c

Oh that just figures -  right after I post it's up and running :)  Ah well, thanks for letting us know.

• shadow024shadow024 Member UncommonPosts: 29

Originally posted by AlienShores

Originally posted by shadow024

Oh look, its up. https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/quickStart.pl?qsr=410MpZyNzf0c

Oh that just figures -  right after I post it's up and running :)  Ah well, thanks for letting us know.

Haha, I know. I accidently clicked on Aion's website and I barely saw the small box saying Free Trial. :P

Time to play!

Downloading now - it'll be ready to go before I get home from work.  Have fun everyone :)

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Thanks for the post downloading now :P

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

So... anyone else seeing horribly slow download speeds for this free trial?  I'm currently getting 140KBs/sec when my connection can normally sustain 1.6MBs/sec.  I wonder if their file servers are just swamped right now between the just-introduced free trial and the big new update.

EDIT

Bizarre.  The first download of ~13GB finally finished after getting such poor speeds and then there's a 2nd download of ~1GB and this one is going at just shy of 1.6MB/sec which is about maxed for my connection.  I'm greatful for that, but wonder why this one is going so well while the first and much larger download was so painfully slow.  They weren't kidding about a "trial" ;)

• Sorrows101Sorrows101 Member Posts: 23

There are torrent downloads of 2.0 also fileplanet/gamershell downloads that you could use.

Yeah I thought about grabbing a torrent, but by the time I was thinking about it I already felt committed to the official download ;)  It finished eventually and I had a long character creation session followed by about an hour of actual play time.

The game is... very colorful, but feels just like all the other top-tier MMORPGs.  I do like the chain skills as it made me feel a bit more involved with combat, but otherwise I'm not seeing any truly new game mechanics - just a different set of lore and graphics.  I imagine I'll still play around through the trial, but it's doubtful I'll sub after that.

• NoRegretNoRegret Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hmm free 10 days trial really works , game looks smooth but I dont know why I can communicate with other ppl , it says " you cant shout unless your lvl is 55" somthing like that. Anyone knows how to whisper/chat  in aion free trial?

• Sorrows101Sorrows101 Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by NoRegret

Hmm free 10 days trial really works , game looks smooth but I dont know why I can communicate with other ppl , it says " you cant shout unless your lvl is 55" somthing like that. Anyone knows how to whisper/chat  in aion free trial?

Normally you cannot shout/use chat channels until lvl 10 + , it's possible that Trial accounts are not allowed to use chat channels due to gold sellers trying to use the trial for spamming... but anyway /1 is region chat channel, /3 LFG , /w nameofplayer to whisper player, /n for normal chat to ppl near you, /g group chat..press H in game for other chat commands etc.

• DSBHRDSBHR Member UncommonPosts: 75

I got an email from Nvidia for a 15 day free and download which I don't really want for myself.   Enjoy!

Aion® Premium Gift Pack

Experience breathtaking graphics with Empyrean Calling™, the new update to Aion®, the award-winning online fantasy game. Download your free* copy of Aion® (worth $29.99) and 15 days of game time now! The serial codes below expire on June 5, 2011. If you prefer to play on a North American server, use the NA game serial code. If you prefer to play on a European Union server, use the EU game serial code. Be sure to redeem your copy before the codes expire!

NA Game Serial Code: FJST-52AV-8DB2-W6P4-JXUY

EU Game Serial Code: YCEM-B8VT-V2FG-HMKX-GSA3
    You also get this cool item pack to help boost your new character:

• 30 Berdin’s Amulet I (gives a 50% bonus to experience points)

• Infinite Bottle of Recovery Serum (a hit point potion reusable for 15 days)

• 5 Revival Stone (self-resurrection stones)

• Speckled Ailu Pet (gives 12 additional inventory spaces)
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Aion has fun combat, decent lore, great graphics. They suffered by having a fierce grind and horrible drop rates, but it seems like they have steadily addressed that. The other main issue is the lack of endgame content. Has this been addressed? Hopefully someone can chime in.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I'm trying this game to burn a few days and I'm having a good bit of fun.

Evidence that a fantasy mmo doesn't have to copy WoW step for step

I doubt it's for me though strictly because I'm more keen on going back to ffxii or ffxiv but I can't see a lot of what I liked about ffxi in this game. The class system is very stale though (or so it seems to a level 15).

Really glad I downloaded it and the graphics beat anything I've played.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I downloaded the 2.5 client from Fileplanet in 3 hours. Downloading games should always been done overnight or while you're away though :p