Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reactivation question

DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I'm thinking about reactivating in a few days but am aware that there are some drama-y invdividuals still playing that caused me to quit in the first place.

I have two questions

1. Do I recall correctly that deleting a person from your flist deletes you from theirs as well? I remember that FFXI's flist was account-wide so you could see even when someone was playing another game (lol Tetra Master).

2. I'd heard this works before but am unsure. If I create another content ID on the same server, named the same as my primary, so say it was Deathofsage and then re-activate my primary, will it force a name-change or what happens there?

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

Comments

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

1. Yes. As friend list is a mutual thing, thus why it's so difficult to do. If you remove the name from your list, you vanish on their list.

2. Character names are reserved, even if they are not active. If you have a character on the server already with a name, you can't have it with the same name.

a. The game is very different  than it was a long time ago. These past two years in FFXI have been a radical evolution of the game that has made it less brutal on new comers. It's more casual fun now, belive it or not. The jerks who lorded over people before with stats and what not have no say anymore.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Thanks Knight.

I wonder if perhaps someone else on the same server could take my name and it would force a name change.

I enjoyed the difficulty, mine is just a tail of friendships gone sour as happens even in worlds from long ago and far away.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

Always new friendships to be had. I like my DNC character and all, but I was always seriously considering starting a fresh, new one just for the experience of repeating it all over again. That's be nice.

• ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

One thing you can try is go here to FFXIAH:

http://www.ffxiah.com/

Pick the player search on the left and type in your character name you're curious about. Then see if any people come up with that name. The site doesn't list every single character in the game to search, but it will list most every character that has used the auction house, which is most of them. If your character name shows up it will show what server then you can plan accordingly.