Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB: Reloaded: Open Beta Preview

Comments

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

I actually thought the game was fun for a couple of days till i realized..Hey! I suck at this game!

Aiming in this game is not very easy. Well not for me !

My hat goes off to players that actually have skill and not using Aimbot...

If your good at shooters , and like mmorpg's ..check it out !

Even though i suck at it im not gonna diss it cause it is still loads of fun!

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

Played both versions of this game and it felt like the same repetitive gameplay in both instances.

• futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193

I'm not allowed to shoot people in real life while simultaneously driving over them in a car.

That's why I wanna try this.  Also, free stuff is free stuff.

Edit:  Lol did someone actually complain about an FPS being repetitive?  Have they ever played the genre before?  All you do is pick the same maps, the same amount of people and the same guns and run the same paths to shoot the same enemy.

• NaokNaok Member Posts: 79
    On my latest char with g1 I have 200+ hours played. Currently rank 172. Before that I had a char with 70 some hours (before the last wipe). So I have a lot of play time.

Hackers were everywhere 2 weeks before open beta. They have since started cracking down on them. Since open beta hit I have come across a grand total of ZERO confirmed(blatant) hackers. I have suspected a couple. So they ARE cracking down on them.

As for the ARMAS weps; I have no problem with. As others have said they seem to be niche weapons easily defeated by stock weapons.

My only problem is matchmaking. I feel bad when a group of 6 "noobs" come up against my veteran group of 4. Even 6v4 they don't stand a chance against us. So it becomes a slaughterfest. They have made improvements since RTW, and even since I first joined APB:R, but still have a ways to go.

I'll continue playing this game. Mainly because I have yet to spend any IRL money, and still do VERY well.

T321(Crim) - US East.

The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best - and therefore never scrutinize or question.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

I think Apb will end with a good playerbase atleast a decent one and will find its niche  amoung the players

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I am just sooo very turned off by the fact that there are no permanent weapons in the game unless youre willing to shell out 50+$ per permanent weapon....FAILLLLL -.-

I cant understand how people can do this >.< srsly  I was excited to try it but now Im just like "MEH" because of how they changed weapons. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• argos5argos5 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Unless games like "Counter-Strike" and "Team Fortress 2", required End-Game content. I see no reason why APB needs it. The emphasis of level-ratings in that game is just to control customization and weaponry options, not who the hell you're fighting. This isn't a damn MMO as much as it is an open-world deathmatch.

• tirallumtirallum Member UncommonPosts: 205

The older players (and the players with money) have too much power against the newer players who have to fight not only against experience but also better equiped enemies.

To compensate, the matchmaking system will put those older players against a greater number of new players. The result will depend on the nature of the mission, if the new players can spawn fast enough to interrupt the older player's objective, all while getting slaughered.

In general, the shooter part of the game is very poor, and the progression tiring and boring for all.

• TatsuOyamaTatsuOyama Member UncommonPosts: 33

Right this minute...APB is a hacker/exploiter den. Plain and simple. There are so many hacks and exploits that you HAVE TO laugh. Playing less than week ago there was a gent flying around above the world in his car, shooting rockets and randomly disappearing...you cannot take a game seriously that has that happening in it. A flying rocket shooting car that teleports? Didn't they shut Auto Assault down already?

-Tatsu Oyama

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by osc8r

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Its because these guys go into the game, they're not GOOD at it and so they blame hackers.

Then come here and try to denounce the game as been "overrun with hackers" when in reality, they're just bad at it.

I'm bad at APB, I don't blame hackers, I blame myself.

Can't comment on the game now, but a couple of months after the game was released... at higher ranks (300+) the game was FULL of hackers. It's pretty damn obvious who hacked or not, people doing 180 spins and locking to target instantly, people shooting you from across the map with oca's and ntech's without missing a shot etc...

Hopefully things have improved, but I have my doubts.

Well G1 implemented Punkbuster which is a good start, its probably as good as you are likely to get in a F2P title as far as cheat prevention goes. As other mentioned there were more hackers before open Beta. The Devs claimed in CB that they were watching them to learn from them & when open Beta came most of them got banned so I guess there was some method to the madness.

Originally posted by Castillle

I am just sooo very turned off by the fact that there are no permanent weapons in the game unless youre willing to shell out 50+$ per permanent weapon....FAILLLLL -.-

I cant understand how people can do this >.< srsly  I was excited to try it but now Im just like "MEH" because of how they changed weapons. 

Honestly I was like that at first & to some extent I think they should ditch weapon hire and go with weapons that wear out from use (IE: can fire a fixed number of rounds) but oh well. Once you reach the higher levels weapon hire is really not a big deal, you have plenty of cash & can easily make back what it costs to hire a 2 slot weapon for 10 days in about 2-3 hours of playing missions. The $50 ($60 if you arent a subscriber) for a permenant weapon in the cash shop is a joke I agree, however none of the weapons are that overly powerfull than others to the point one weapon will not cause total player dominance so you dont have to buy it, I certainly wont be.

Originally posted by TatsuOyama

Right this minute...APB is a hacker/exploiter den. Plain and simple. There are so many hacks and exploits that you HAVE TO laugh. Playing less than week ago there was a gent flying around above the world in his car, shooting rockets and randomly disappearing...you cannot take a game seriously that has that happening in it. A flying rocket shooting car that teleports? Didn't they shut Auto Assault down already?

Not sure if serious ? I mean really this sounds like an over exageration. As I said earlier I saw cheats in Closed Beta, some of them were completely blatant about cheating too but I have never seen any single example as extreme as what you suggest in any FPS/TPS game I have played online & I have been playing them for a lot of years over a lot of titles including CrimeCraft which is also F2P and is definitely Riddled with cheats.

My closing comment is if you like FPS/TPS or are a fan of GTA/Saints Row Series then check out APB, you have nothing to lose since it is free.

• Tiqabar45Tiqabar45 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I played the beta for a few hours on a couple days when it came out, and honestly, they are attempting a Grand Theft Auto online.  Now I did not play the original game, so I do not know how much as changed, but this game is horribly horribly wrong.  Car controls are ridiculously slow, everything feels like a tank, gun battles are horrendous, you can't even see where shots are landing half the time, and if you do take time to try to find out where rounds are going downrange, you are probably dead anyways.  Game is very very buggy and just not fun at all.

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

I have been playing since closed beta, and honestly i don't see all those hackers.

I se epeople calling hacker everyone that is very good in playing. I had friends being called hackers just cause they are very good in that game. I am not very good, i am at my best an average player in APB, i think people should just recognize that the game need time to get adjusted. Sometime yes, there is the occasional hacker, but most of hte time is just people pissed off cause they lost a match. 

Happen time to time that you have a very bad streak and no matter what, you seem to just get killed over and over, as it happens, to me at least, sometime seem everything i do is gold, i kill 4 enemies one after another, go to the objective, complete it and do it again five minutes later on another mission.

I think 90% of the people that get called hacker in APB are just skilled players.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

there is some performance issues atm but its open beta hopefully theyw illg et it fixed out dysynced seems ot be fixed tho

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Good to hear I'm not the only one confronted to the obvious absence of hackers in this game.. No matter what people are saying.. This all smells like a lot of trolling to me.. But anyway, welcome to the internet...

As for the guns, I admit they're pushing hard for the permanent unlock.. 50 $ for an item is a lot.. But as someone said before, you can gather the money to get the exact same gun for 10 days in about an hour or two..

Think those 10 days weapons aren't as bad as much people think.. It could help balance the economy in the game in fact.. People used to get rich very early.. If they have to ditch out a couple in game bucks once in a while to get their weapons, I don't see that as a problem at all...

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by Kebeck

Good to hear I'm not the only one confronted to the obvious absence of hackers in this game.. No matter what people are saying.. This all smells like a lot of trolling to me.. But anyway, welcome to the internet...

As for the guns, I admit they're pushing hard for the permanent unlock.. 50 $ for an item is a lot.. But as someone said before, you can gather the money to get the exact same gun for 10 days in about an hour or two..

Think those 10 days weapons aren't as bad as much people think.. It could help balance the economy in the game in fact.. People used to get rich very early.. If they have to ditch out a couple in game bucks once in a while to get their weapons, I don't see that as a problem at all...

Yeah and unlike many other games this game really REALLY needs cash sinks to encourage ongoing open world crime by crims which in turn allows enforcers to go on patrol and catch them.

There was quite a lot of whinging about having to buy ammo instead of having an unlimited supply too until people got used to it.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

tried beta for about 2 hours and well... to me it looks like the game should spend another few years in development.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

So this game is an FPS or...?

• MrMxyzptlkMrMxyzptlk Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by Yamota

Its grand theft auto online with a much better targetting system. So its a 3rd person shooter/free roaming/do crazy stuff game.

• deadanddivindeadanddivin Member Posts: 13

if you're looking for a fun game to play with your buddies while waiting for an mmo, or just a good game to LAN with friends, this is it. i can't remember the last time i had this good of a time in an mmo with my friends, it's full of lolz and teamwork makes it awesome, but playing it alone is pretty bad. ALWAYS play with a group, or you'll ruin the experience for yourself.

• montinmontin Member Posts: 218

It's GTA with lag. A fps with rpg elements and it does neither well. Of course some people will enjoy it, I'm just not one of those people. But as it was free to download and try then there is nothing to lose in giving it a go. But I cant see it holding onto players for long as its game play is limited and I expect would get boring fairly quickly.

Its free and hence I would suggest to anybody that enjoys FPS games to give it a try.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I have some worries, after my experiences in RTW's original beta. This article didn't really cover them. So here they are, and I'd appreciate if anyone that got in the new beta could answert them:

1) There were massive weapon imbalances. There was an AK-47-ish gun that basically owned everything else in the game, especially slotted. Sniping was pointless as Assault rifles could put out more fire at the same range. Pistols were USELESS. Grenades were OP. Have those been addressed? 

2) Terrain issues were rampant in "catch this guy" missions. A team could hole up in 1-2 specific buildings and roll an infinite amount of grenades (thanks to a portable ammo kit provided by one of them) down on the heads of anyone trying to get in. Has this been fixed?

3) Is there a point to arrests (non-lethal combat)? It was pointless in team play as you couldn't arrest someone with 5 of his mates murdelating you. And the higher you got the less likely it seemed you could get away with it. But it was such a fun mechanic when it worked! Heck that sums up the game all over the place.

4) Is the radio still in?

5) Is customization still as good as it was under RTW?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk

Originally posted by Yamota

Its grand theft auto online with a much better targetting system. So its a 3rd person shooter/free roaming/do crazy stuff game.

Cool, will for sure try it once released.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Tried this game couple of days ago... It have very nice character customization system (hell yea... even a Tatoo/logo editor) Liked the GTA online concept. It diverges somewhat from majority of MMO games however.

Only reason that i had to uninstall it for was Graphics Demands/optimization. I do not know if this is a bug, but for me only having 2GB of ram, game constantly crashes with "out of memory" message. Ive been heard that there is fix somewhere, but i really dont know if its sure and if it works. However ill try game once again for month or two to check out if it is fixed/optimized.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Originally posted by terrant

I have some worries, after my experiences in RTW's original beta. This article didn't really cover them. So here they are, and I'd appreciate if anyone that got in the new beta could answert them:

1) There were massive weapon imbalances. There was an AK-47-ish gun that basically owned everything else in the game, especially slotted. Sniping was pointless as Assault rifles could put out more fire at the same range. Pistols were USELESS. Grenades were OP. Have those been addressed?

All guns have been rebalanced. The N-Tec (the one you're talking about) is still a good assault gun, with a good range, mobility and fire rate... But no where as OP as in RTW.. The long range weapon still own their share in a firefight, but you really need to use that range.. In close combat it's useless..

2) Terrain issues were rampant in "catch this guy" missions. A team could hole up in 1-2 specific buildings and roll an infinite amount of grenades (thanks to a portable ammo kit provided by one of them) down on the heads of anyone trying to get in. Has this been fixed?

First thing G1 did is adding a lot of ladders to buildings.. So when camping on rooftops, I usually need to watch 3 or 4 spots where the enemy could come from.. Don't remember how it was in RTW, but the ammo kit now have something like 3 minutes cooldown.. Which does a good job of refilling when out of ammo, whitout giving an edge on camping teams.. Lately, they've also slowed a LOT the cars containing VIPs or items both teams need to control when timer run out (not items you need to drop) Kinda a pain in the ass IMO.. but still had some interresting foot chases.. Personnally, it's the only weird move G1 made with the game so far..

3) Is there a point to arrests (non-lethal combat)? It was pointless in team play as you couldn't arrest someone with 5 of his mates murdelating you. And the higher you got the less likely it seemed you could get away with it. But it was such a fun mechanic when it worked! Heck that sums up the game all over the place.

The point to arrest people always was to extend the respawn time of that particular player.. It still is.. A good secondary weapon is a good way to finish off a stunned ennemy when he's surrounded with teammates.. Just sayin..

4) Is the radio still in?

Not sure what you're talking about here... There was some ads back in RTW.. They've added a small ad whenever you enter a district but that's about it.. Or maybe you mean the voice chat.. And yes the voice chat is still on.. You can hear your teamates from anywhere on the map and you can hear whoever is talking if you're close enough.. Lots of fun to hear crims yelling after an arrest...

5) Is customization still as good as it was under RTW?

No changes on that department from G1.. You'll find everything you loved back in RTW.. Think they've added some sounds to the music editor, but I can't confirm that since I wasn't into the music editing..

Hope that helps.. But since the game is now completly free.. Might as well just give it a shot.. They reduced the size of the client by halfed.. Less time downloading...

Originally posted by dzoni87

Tried this game couple of days ago... It have very nice character customization system (hell yea... even a Tatoo/logo editor) Liked the GTA online concept. It diverges somewhat from majority of MMO games however.

Only reason that i had to uninstall it for was Graphics Demands/optimization. I do not know if this is a bug, but for me only having 2GB of ram, game constantly crashes with "out of memory" message. Ive been heard that there is fix somewhere, but i really dont know if its sure and if it works. However ill try game once again for month or two to check out if it is fixed/optimized.

Yup.. had that issue as well.. Anything under 3.5GB is doomed to crash with out of memory.. Best thing to do is add some RAM or just forget about this game.. Sorry bro..