Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Wow all Over with my brother(Used to play vanilla wow)

Well im entering a video game crisis and nothing seems to fill the gap , been playing xbox live instant lobbies but for what? 

So im deciding on starting wow again, and going to play with my brother who has a shitload of free time lol

Some questions, what would be the best combo to set-up we love pvp most of all but also alsways going to be raiding for good armor ( and for fun in general) Would like to know what two clases we can have that would be good for the grind and for pvp duo's / groups ... 

Im thinking war/priest, anybody ? and any tips and some mroe explanation on what expansions we should buy .. 

Please dont hate on our decision , u might hate it, but theres nothing more itneresting to do ... unless u give me a good long answer on why not to buy it :D 

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

WoW vanilla gives you access to:

All level 1-60 content with the exception of new starting areas. Azeroth (lvl 1-60) was redone when Cataclysm -expansion launched, but it's not part of the expansion, it's free update and available without Cataclysm.

Burning Crusade gives you access to:

Level 61-70 content (Outlands) + draenei end blood elf races and their starting areas (2 new level 1-20 starting areas)

Wrath of the Lich King gives you access to:

Level 71-80 content (Northrend) + Death Knight class and starting zone

Cataclysm gives you access to:

Level 81-85 content + goblin and worgen races and their starting areas (another 2 low level areas)

If you have your old accounts you can just start playing WoW vanilla, then buy expansions when (if) you reach high enough levels. On low levels the expansion are completely optional, having access to new content and new races doesn't give any advantage.

If you don't have your old account, it might be cheaper to buy WoW Battle Chest which has both WoW vanilla and The Burning Crusade than buing them separately. WoW does not have any packages with newer expansions included so those you'll have to buy separately.

I don't really know what duo would be good for PvP, for PvE warrior + priest would be really good combo. Warriors (tanks) get instant ques to random dungeons, and a reliable priest is good for keeping the group alive.

• mtbsickridermtbsickrider Member Posts: 58

Thanks , but i think they got deleted or who knows, where talking about an account from 6 years ago probaby , and i p refer starting with a new one, going to play the trial with my brother before we buy it jsut too make sure were not different than when we were kids lol :D 

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

If you are going to raid then you need all the expansions up to cata. As far as grind - the new azeroth up to level 60 is so easy it really doesn't matter what class "grind" wise. Most people "far as I know" get to like level 20 ish and just run instances and hit 60 in a few hours. Outlands takes you to 70 and wrath takes you to 80 ish then cata will take you to 85.

Then you sit in your faction main city and que through the random dungeon finder or BG que and polish your trash talking skills in trade chat. IMO the economy is shot and crafting is pretty much the normal wacraft waste of time.

To BG at low level (anything less than 85) and not having heirloom gear is probably going to make you want to smash things. If you played in vanilla think "twinks" cept now everyone is a twink with heirloom stuff. So you wont have it and yeah ...have fun with that.

You really need to find a guild IMO. Not just for the perks but to avoid the jerks anymore. There isn't a community sense anymore (IMO) You said you played in vanilla so I am assuming you left when people knew each other on servers and who the "raid' guild were and the pvper's etc etc. That doesn't exist anymore. Theres your guild and everyone else are basically mouthbreathers and scrubs and useless trash to be crapped on at any  available chance. God help you if you ask for some info in chat...don't even bother, just go and look it up unless you are looking to expand you vile vocabulary database.

I was a "raider" for about 6 years and I got my money's worth out of the game and alot of good times and memories but for about 100$ to start to play this game NOW...waste of money IMO. WoW seems to have lost that WoW like feeling.

But GL either way.

PS Oh yeah and on classes that you asked no idea what your playstyle is but I would say go with any hybrid type in general. Droods, shaman etc. Gives you more versatiltey than a pure dps, and when you hit que times for dps = you just might wan't to be able to respec / dual spec healer or tank etc.

How about a duo combo? 

I appreciate your opinion, just want to hear what most people have to sya and that seems to be a tendency, and yea vanilla wow had their tops guild , my sub finished ( and i was mantained by my step dad lol) so pretty much thinking i could have fun with this, but yea vanilla wow i was in one of the top guilds where everybody knew who the "MEN" were , but hopefully ican still have fun , and last time i didnt play with my brother in two accounts, just one we shared :/

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

I would check out the recruit a friend for bonus xp, friend to friend summoning and a free rocket for the recruiter If you both played long enough. If you arent concerned about leveling faster, probably not worth it, but I believe the recruiter gets a free month when you actually purchase a month of game time also. I've personally leveled more than a few classes this way to 60 in a few days, playing casually ... a couple weeks. However If you want to go the long route and enjoy the journey longer, don't do recruit a friend. They also used to let "referred" grant a level to the "recruiter" for every 2 levels earned. Thus being able to grant a level 30 character 30 levels to make him 60. However this isn't recommended for those who aren't familar or don't understand how classes work. Most people will end up with a level 60 character they don't know how to play and have no idea what the skills do even after reading them :p. Below is a copy/paste of the blizz site.

Send Invitation

Send a convenient e-mail invitation to friends and family members, making it easy for them to create a new account and get started.

Adventure Together

Meet the recruit in Azeroth (see Recruitment form page for more details) and enjoy special in-game benefits for 90 days.

Friend-to-friend summoning makes it easy to travel together.

Bonus experience ensures faster levelling.

Earn Rewards

If your friend or family member purchases a full copy of World of Warcraft and pays for a month of subscription time you get 30 days of free game time

If your friend or family member pays for two full months of game time you’ll receive an exclusive in-game flying mount!

X-53 Touring Rocket

Originally posted by mtbsickrider

I appreciate your opinion, just want to hear what most people have to sya and that seems to be a tendency, and yea vanilla wow had their tops guild , my sub finished ( and i was mantained by my step dad lol) so pretty much thinking i could have fun with this, but yea vanilla wow i was in one of the top guilds where everybody knew who the "MEN" were , but hopefully ican still have fun , and last time i didnt play with my brother in two accounts, just one we shared :/

Yeah playing with your brother will make it ALOT more enjoyable for you I would assume. It isn't a bad game honestly. I just don't like it anymore with what it is now compared to what it was not all that long ago etc etc.

Raiding is still top notch. Little shy on the volume available imo but still top notch. It's worth playing if you have someone to play with yes imo. Whether or not it's worth 100$ or more to play is entirely up to you.

If you play it to have fun and not to seriously - yeah you'll probably get your money's worth out of it.

PSS: If you like space sims and you got time to kill try Eve online. That game will suck your life away. ( in a good way) Plus you'll save alot of money start up wise. And AoC is going F2P soon that game is fairly decent (now). I think Aion just came out with a new x pac as well (not sure, but pretty sure lol)

thanks, keep the info going :D, still waiting for duo combos, my playstyle has always been agrassive, play smart, look surroundings , rush if its ok , always go for the win , sacrificing for the team , my brother would always learn from me in that sense... And well i read  about the recruiting thing, thats what i plan on oding, buying it and then sending the invitation to my brother after both our trials are over 

Originally posted by mtbsickrider

thanks, keep the info going :D, still waiting for duo combos, my playstyle has always been agrassive, play smart, look surroundings , rush if its ok , always go for the win , sacrificing for the team , my brother would always learn from me in that sense... And well i read  about the recruiting thing, thats what i plan on oding, buying it and then sending the invitation to my brother after both our trials are over 

Duo combos = resto drood / anything lol. You just can't shut down a good resto drood. (I am/was resto drood :)P) if you pinned me down , you earned it.   <---- yes that is an entirley BIASED opinion lol flame on. Plus they are still some of the Best healers for raids (as usaull) so you get double duty from one character.

Frost mages are stupid Op right now as well although I think they have some incoming nerfs I dunno I don't follow the game anymore :( Someone else would have to elaborate. Either rogues or Frost mages that are getting the nerf hammer.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Basically have one of you pick a tanking class and you're set. Tank/Healer is ideal, but having even just a Tank is insta queue no matter what.

• Originally posted by mtbsickrider

Thanks , but i think they got deleted or who knows, where talking about an account from 6 years ago probaby , and i p refer starting with a new one, going to play the trial with my brother before we buy it jsut too make sure were not different than when we were kids lol :D 

contact them and try...they might have it still ;D