Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please suggest a great PVP MMO!

strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Hello all,

I have tried many MMO's, played some longer than others, and I have come to like the PVP aspect best of all. I need some reccomendations for a good game!

I can't get into DAOC, the controls and graphics kill it for me.

Darkfall I tried the trial and it didnt hold my intrest.. played Wow for years... no more please.

I have Rift... nope

I have DCUO.. lol =(

Warhammer... na...

Looks like I'm SOL?  Maybe you guys can shed some light on a game I may have overlooked... class based, team oriented PVP?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

DAoC was pretty much the epitome of MMORPG PvP in it's day. If you can't get into EvE or Darkfall then yes, you're SOL.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

If you like fantasy and hardcore pvp, i say Darkfall is best on market right now.

Xsyon is also nice to try bit more simulation with free for all pvp.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Originally posted by strangepower

Hello all,

I have tried many MMO's, played some longer than others, and I have come to like the PVP aspect best of all. I need some reccomendations for a good game!

Darkfall I tried the trial and it didnt hold my intrest.. played Wow for years... no more please.

I have Rift... nope

I have DCUO.. lol =(

Warhammer... na...

Looks like I'm SOL?  Maybe you guys can shed some light on a game I may have overlooked... class based, team oriented PVP?

Thanks in advance!

Lineage 2 or Aion?

Lineage 2 Might take more effort and time than you might be willing to put into being competitive. I would probably suggest Aion. Oh sure, time and effort is needed for the best pvp gear but if you join a good legion they will help you in that regard.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Thanks for the ideas, I like scifi... so I am going to try EVE~!

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Thanks for the ideas, I like scifi... so I am going to try EVE~!

There is a whole lot to this game so the initial experience can be a bit overwhelming. Stick with it and you can be competitive in PvP within a month if you specialize in a smaller ship with a specific purpose. Don't make the 'I need to be in a Battleship as soon as possible!" mistake that so many make. Specialized Frigs can be a force to be recon'd with. A specialized Frig is worth 20 'Paper Battleships' (What you get if you rush into one without all of the secondary training to back it up).

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• DrakiisDrakiis Member Posts: 47

DAoC was good, but some might argue Shadowbane, or Planetside were better, though technically speaking Planetside was really a MMOFPS

Currently, Darkfail, EvE, and AoC are your best choices

The Future holds hope for Guildwars 2, Mechwarrior Reboot, Salem, Warhammer Dark Millenium, and ArcheAge

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Hello all,

I have Rift... nope

I have DCUO.. lol =(

Warhammer... na...

Thanks in advance!

With the exception of DCUO, I have played all of the MMO's you mentioned above and then some. The thing I will say is that PvP in any of them might be considered "great" by some and "terrible" by others. It tends to be a totally personal opinion. Frankly, I find all of the PvP in most MMO's just a bit lacking simply for one reason. That reason is that there is no pupose to PvP other then to up a players kill to death ratio. And, many players buy into THAT system of kill ration only and say it is "great". I just can't say that. So, to me, PvP in most MMO's is just nothing special.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• MetsisMetsis Member Posts: 66

If you are really looking for a "quick fix" to your PVP hunger, I have been playing Global Agenda now that it's free for about two months now. It's basically like Counter Strike, Team Fortress type of game. The PVP is almost exclusively in instances, but it is great fun and the game is quite competetive as well.

The game is MMOFPS like some like to call it, but I don't mind. There isn't that much character advancement options for you, just a few skill trees to climb up, but to keep things competetive, the levels you gain really don't add that much "power" to your character, so a level 14 guy can beat a level 28 guy. It does require a little FPS skill to be good in it, but instead of building up your character for 2-4 months to do some PVP battles in Eve, you can get around to PVP battles where you can contribute in 1-2 hours.

So if you have time constrictions, like I do for the time being, Global Agenda really hit the PVP spot for me. It has really quenched my thirst...

• WispahWispah Member Posts: 14

http://luminary.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

Good PVP, as everyones weapon/stats/buffs/weaponskill level is different... So I can never tell how a PVP will turn out. You can challange anyone to a duel at anytime, just a friendly one on one you dont get nothing at the end but bragging rights so thats boring. 

HOWEVER, the PK areas A.K.A Cursed areas... It can sometimes turn to a free for all, a team death match who knows... Basically an area where you can attack other players, So guilds/friends usually look out for eachother - but saying that I have had a few one on ones.. Just know it's a lawless area. Anyway when you drop someone you get the chance to take a peice of there equiptment that they could've worked for weeks on. So, it's a big adreneline rush and it's the greatest feeling to get something you've wanted with hardly any work, Turning a slower paced game into a fast paced one in seconds... 

I see you mentioned graphics of another game... and well the graphics are on personal taste, they are good with loads of lighting effects and SFX. But warning, it is a 3D game on a 2D structure (If that makes sence) with anime (Chibi) designs.

Either way, You won't really feel comfortable PvP till at least 2-3weeks playing (depending on how fast you learn basics of the game) ... 

If you give it a try, eventhough I'd like more people on the server I play (Athena) there isn't much PKers who play there. So Zues would be the greatest option and you'll fit right in.