Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

plz suggest the best rig for GW2

HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

id like your opinions on what set up is best to run GW2 on max settings while preserving the highest level of performance.

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

lol    We don´t even know requirements yet...............

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Probably a bit early to ask that kind of question dude, seeing as no one has the actual specs of the game. It's also pretty much the same as the first Guild Wars, just pushing the engine much harder for better graphical results. Chances are if you can play the first one at max settings (which any computer made within the last 5 years should be able to), you're not going to have much trouble in GW2.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Would be extremely hard for anyone to reccommend rig specs for maximized performance for a game that is NOT even out yet, especially with the next series of chipsets are coming out at the end of the year.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

According to Lord_Sojar, who has seen the requirements based on information from Nvidia but who isn't allowed to show them, Undead_Cheese has got the best guess.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=726004&postcount=319

The computers at GamesCom had these specifications, and I believe they ran on the maximum settings with quite a good fps for a game in alpha.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Chances are if you can play the first one at max settings (which any computer made within the last 5 years should be able to), you're not going to have much trouble in GW2.

I wouldn't quite go that far.  My Zacate E-350 based netbook can play Guild Wars smoothly on max settings, albeit at a resolution of only 1366x768.

While I expect Guild Wars 2 to be quite a bit more demanding than that, I'd expect it to run just fine on a modern budget gaming machine.

By the time Guild Wars 2 launches, a Zambezi processor in a 900 series chipset motherboard with a Radeon HD 7850 video card and perhaps an Indilinx Jet Stream SSD might look really nice.  But none of that is out yet, so if you're buying a computer for Guild Wars 2, you might want to wait until it is closer to launch.  (Okay, so the SSD was basically chosen to be one that isn't out yet, and likely won't be any better than SandForce SF-2000 series drives.)

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Quizzical

By the time Guild Wars 2 launches, a Zambezi processor in a 900 series chipset motherboard with a Radeon HD 7850 video card and perhaps an Indilinx Jet Stream SSD might look really nice.  But none of that is out yet, so if you're buying a computer for Guild Wars 2, you might want to wait until it is closer to launch.  (Okay, so the SSD was basically chosen to be one that isn't out yet, and likely won't be any better than SandForce SF-2000 series drives.)

My plan was to wait until official GW2 specs were announced, wait about 3 weeks before beta release, then ask here for the best possible computer within my budget, order all the parts on some online site and put it together.  I think 3 weeks gives me enough time to manage all that, and that way I'll be as good as I can get and still have a computer in time to actually play the game. :D

(Don't even ASK how good my computer is now.  I'm pretty sure your average netbook could give me pc a run for its money)

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Originally posted by Meowhead

(Don't even ASK how good my computer is now.  I'm pretty sure your average netbook could give me pc a run for its money)

That depends on whether you're comparing it to an Atom or Zacate based netbook.  An Atom-based system would get crushed by a pretty good gaming system from 2003.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

That depends on whether you're comparing it to an Atom or Zacate based netbook.  An Atom-based system would get crushed by a pretty good gaming system from 2003.

My computer is 1.  Older than 2003.  2. Not quite good enough to be 'pretty' good back then.  3.  Not a gaming system.

So... yeah. :(

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

My computer is 1.  Older than 2003.  2. Not quite good enough to be 'pretty' good back then.  3.  Not a gaming system.

So... yeah. :(

Oh dear, my current computer is actually better than yours!