It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Anyone who's played EVE for any reasonable amount of time would probably agree that Lowsec as a whole is broken and almost useless.
As it is now, the only reasons to be in lowsec are:
- If you're a pirate
- If you are hunting pirates
- If you need to cross lowsec to get to nullsec or highsec destination
There is a slight (very slight) difference in rewards from missions that take place or start in lowsec, compared to highsec missions, and considering how much isk is invested in the right ship and fittings to run lvl 4 and lvl 5 missions, the payout simply does not justify the risk of running missions in lowsec. SO....
That brings me to my point and the idea I have for CCP. I just would like to know how this would float with other EVE players on this site.
The idea is pretty simple. Significantly increase the rewards from Lowsec missions. I'm not saying a pilot should be able to run a mission in lowsec and become rich from just that one mission. but, it should be a rather hefty reward for the risk.
On avg, a mission runner spends anywhere from 300mill - 1bill in ship and fittings to proficiently run high level missions. The typical payout from these missions are anywhere from 10-40mill (the high end of the spectrum is if the player spends the time to loot and salvage the wreckage.) - I would think a reasonable payout for lowsec missions would be around 100mill-200mill per mission. This is still not necessarily covering the cost of the equipment used to complete the mission, but seems to me, enough to justify the risk. Mission runners are used to running multiple missions back to back at some point, and this would add up pretty nicely after a few successful completions...
Now, on the realistic side of it - how would this effect the universe of EVE? The first arguement i've encountered is a good one, but not a gamestopper imo. That is, "What about the pirates that flourish/live in lowsec? That means they automatically get wayyy more isk when running missions than everyone else does" -- a fair perspective.
I have more than one opinion/response to this arguement:
1) Great! Pirates typically loose more ships than people in highsec, and it would be pretty cool to give them a more accessible means of sustaining their EVE lifestyle.
2) Great! Lowsec living is dangerous, and deserves more of a reward for success than high sec living provides
3) Great! Fair trade. Highsec pilots have access to plentiful, lowpriced, convenient and accessible markets, while the lowsec pilots get more reward for running missions in dangerous space. (since their security status is too low for safe travel in highsec)
4) Shennanigans! Why not just place some sort of system that regulates access to lowsec agents, making it impossible for players with or below a certain security status to accept these missions. As well as not being able to "share reward" with a pirate in fleet that otherwise wouldn't be able to accept the mission themselves. This would take care of some of the exploitation risks.
5) What if the lowsec missions were to actually hunt and kill players with negative security status? paying out higher amounts on the lower security rated players. -10 security status kills paying the most. (with some sort of anti-exploitation systems in place, of course... unlike the joke that is currently called "bounty")
Well, crap.... now it's almost time to go home (i'm at work) so I'm going to cut my responses short, to that arguement.
Anyways, the other side of what I think such a change to mission rewards would do is stimulate activity in lowsec. Currently, it's pretty dull and empty most of the time. Of course, I'm not speaking of EVERY lowsec system... definitely not the ones in a market pipeline, or nullsec route.. those are pretty populated... with pirates.
I just think a change like this would surge the pvp activity as a whole a bit more in EVE. More people in lowsec... less issues of blobs controlling lowsec gate entrances... more challenge for people who run missions... more fun all together for mission runners.... more targets for pirates to shoot at....
more risk for pirates, being that it wouldn't constantly be the 20 pirates vs 1 guy who should have known better than to leave highsec....
I dunno... I have more detail to provide, and more to talk about, but for now, as I have to leave work, I would like to hear some of your opinions. I'll be back to check in a little bit.
This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.