Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats new and other questions

xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Alright, needless to say I quit the game quite awhile ago after defending it against trolls and fanboys alike while I did play. I quit due to the sate PvP was in, the fact that DTs were broken in PvP (due to messed up feat trees), and the release of a Darkfall Online. I'm temepted to play AoC again for the next couple of months before going into the military; however I have questions, soo many questions

1) Do I need to own the expansion pack to do anything that people still do? Is it necessary to PvP and actually survive? 

2) Are DT's still broken in PvP or has the recent changes to CCs and the changing of the feat trees fixed the class in PvP

3) What are affects major changes to the CC mechanics and other tweaks on PvP?

4) Is Alternate Advancement only avaible to people who own the expansion or was I just missing something?  

5) If I do need the expansion to do anything worthwhile, any where I can get it cheaper than 30?

6) Are BS still the most fun healing class or have they been messed with to?

7) What role does DT play now in both PvP and raids? When I played we were off tank for raids (pet) and a joke in PvP (I went mage hunter)

I'd post this on the AoC forums, but I still dont have access to it. 

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

I can't answer the PVP questions since I don't do PVP. I'll try to answer the others and if I'm wrong someone correct me please.

1. The new solo instance and group instances are in the expansion. I think it is well worth it. They lowered the grind needed for gear.

4. AA is only available in the expansion. And with F2P coming up, AA will also only be available to paid subscribers if I read that right.

5. Gamestop is selling the game for $10.00. I bought the dvd version as a backup to shorten the download.

Sorry I can't tell you the state of the game from a PVP view. Hopefully someone will chime in with a current opinion of PVP.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by Sevenwind

I can't answer the PVP questions since I don't do PVP. I'll try to answer the others and if I'm wrong someone correct me please.

1. The new solo instance and group instances are in the expansion. I think it is well worth it. They lowered the grind needed for gear.

4. AA is only available in the expansion. And with F2P coming up, AA will also only be available to paid subscribers if I read that right.

5. Gamestop is selling the game for $10.00. I bought the dvd version as a backup to shorten the download.

Sorry I can't tell you the state of the game from a PVP view. Hopefully someone will chime in with a current opinion of PVP.

Is the expansion 10? I already own the standard game.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Yes the expansion is $10.00 from gamestop.com. Might be cheaper at your local gamestop not sure. Best Buy has it for $14.99.

Amazon.com has it cheaper than $10.00 but it ships through gogamer and right now they are acting weird with the website. (gogamer.com)

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.