Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check this out before you buy a 3DS

whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Normally i don't post news like this regarding nintendo as thats...well lets say it's against my better judgement for various reasons. (no i won't explain what they are)

Anyway i thought as a customer and because i figured it's good for everyone know.  You might want to check this article out when you buy a 3DS

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110444-Anti-DRM-Group-Sends-Nintendo-200-Bricks

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy it, just that you know whats going on with the 3DS before you do.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

thanks for that link, i was planning to sell my psp slim to my cousing next week and buy a 3ds.... now ill sell the psp to my cousing and save the cash.... not buying unbrickable devices, hell no.

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127

Thanks for the link. Not surprised though.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Definintely a step in the wrong direction.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Just wait for the NGP, it will be legendary.

Originally posted by Brif

Just wait for the NGP, it will be legendary.

im sure the legendary title will be given or not after they name the price

• sumnayinsumnayin Member UncommonPosts: 19

People blow everything way out of proportion.....I honestly refuse to play any of my DS games online because everybody cheats.  I have not played any game online that people did not exploit/cheat in some shape or form.

Now, I understand coding is to blame for there being certain exploits, but others are modded.  If this can prevent that at all, say I, and others, can report people and Nintendo can actually track it.....I say why not, im not going to do anything illegal with my 3DS(if I were to buy one) so why would this hurt me?

Hypothetical problems aren't real problems. <======

this gets just the same answers that floated around the PS3 crack issue.... if i buy a device, i do whatever i want with it, as long as i dont make it public... that includes illegal stuff.... i wouldnt exploit a consola like, lets say, cheat in game to take advantage, thats bulls***, but if i want to brick it to do other stuff that wont hurt other players gaming experience then nintendo sux if they want to control what you do with your stuff....

edit: i agree that if you use it to exploit games using ingame cheats then for me is ok that nintendo do something with your onliine access... not actually your device...

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

While we're on the subject of the escapist and 3DS reviews, watch this video.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3112-Nintendo-3DS

• VenDyneVenDyne Member Posts: 51

Ugh... what the hell Nintendo...?

Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Don't forget to mention that the 3DS can cause eye loss if used prolonged times in max 3D. Do they think kids will abide by the warning on them, no I think not. It's like any other piece of entertainment technology, kids and adults get it think it's all the same and never care to read such things. Who reads the EULA and or TOS all that garbage, rarely you know anyone who reads them.

I bet they get sued not only for what the OP talked about but also the vision problem that this will cause to young people.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by sumnayin

People blow everything way out of proportion.....I honestly refuse to play any of my DS games online because everybody cheats.  I have not played any game online that people did not exploit/cheat in some shape or form.

Now, I understand coding is to blame for there being certain exploits, but others are modded.  If this can prevent that at all, say I, and others, can report people and Nintendo can actually track it.....I say why not, im not going to do anything illegal with my 3DS(if I were to buy one) so why would this hurt me?

Hypothetical problems aren't real problems. <======

So you are fine that at any time you use a game or a program that lets you be creative or make a photo or anyting that you do on the device is atomaticly thier full propperty ?

its also ok for you that whatever you do is tracked the data stored ,sold to 3th parties and used to make niftly comercials to lure money out of your wallet?

that at any time they can disable your device were you have to prove you did nothing wrong, and thus are guilty before proven to be.

if so then gratz, youre a model policestate citizen.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

While we're on the subject of the escapist and 3DS reviews, watch this video.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3112-Nintendo-3DS

lol that was pretty funny. talked a bit too fast tho reminded me of the micro machine guy.

but this whole thing is a bit rediculous, its funny that what they're doing here in the US is actually illegal in the UK lol i didn't plan on buying one for the whole blindness thing i thought that would be enough, them owning every picture i took with the thing is horse shit. them bricking the system if you mod it is a bit over the top as well. tho people didn't even have to mod the old ds system to play games for free, it just played them.