Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freebuild Online Games

SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

Ok so I've been trying to find the right game for me.  I've given up on MMOs for now because there just isn't any that are entertaining right now.  However, I have decided that I would like to make my own game.  I realize that it's not as simple as just saying it.  I've attempted to build my own game numerous times.  Even got Gigs of tutorials on multiple different game engines.  But, it all buckles down to two problems.  I don't know programming languages and the engines just don't seem that user friendly.  I mean why do I have to go through this round about way of importing models, and then figuring out how to texture them properly.  They really need to streamline that process and basicly simplify it for dummies.  Hell, what I would give for a game engine that just allows me to fly around the world dragging and dropping assets into the world.  I mean really we should have that by now.

Anyway, until that day comes, I'm looking for all the games out there that have online and allow you to build in them.

I know of:

Minecraft

Cubelands

Roblox

Second Life

But, they're just not doing it for me.  I basically just want to be able to jump in, maybe even on my own server, create really cool places to explore and let people come and explore it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Wurm online

Lego Universe online

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

There's a game called love you can check out. Online game.

http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/index.html

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc02ijaw-Tg&feature=player_embedded#at=38

• UriahFellUriahFell Member Posts: 1

Hello there,

I'm a Gamedesign student in the Netherlands, and we use a free to use game engine called "Unity3D". It's a game engine which, like you requested, is very visual and will allow you to just drop you assets in. It works more like a level editor then a game engine.

It requires you to script either Javascript or C#. It has alot of documentatie and example code, and it aint really all that hard to pick-up. things like physics work right out of the box. you can download it from www.unity3d.com. Just be sure to follow some tutorials and use alot of the scripting reference, and you will be just fine!

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

If you go that route with Unity 3d, check out the asset store. User created stuff . Alot of useful things there. Overall, definetely user friendly imo.

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

Hey everyone thanks for the responses so far.  Love, looks really interesting, but I think I would get a headache from playing that for any extended period of time.

I actually have Unity3D.  I like what it's capable of, but haven't really gotten the hang of it yet.  I think my problem is I was getting so used to Unreal that anything else just seems confusing to me.  I'll try and look up some tutorials for Unity3D and figure it out.

Thanks again for all the responses.