Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free mmorpg with item shop that doesn't unbalance game.

2»

Comments

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

If you want to compete in end game, whether it's PvP or PvE, most F2P games are going to offer unbalanced items in their cash shop.

So, to me, the best use of F2P games is to level up in them (as time killers... something to do when I'm bored), and then jump ship when it gets to the point where I feel like I have to pay (too much) to keep going or keep up. There's a million of them out there, so I don't ever get the feeling of having to stay with any one of them.

Currently I'm playing Aika. I'm around level 30 and feel no need to use the cash shop (leveling goes fairly quickly, for a F2P game). I hear that the need to spend gets hefty at the level cap, in order to stay competitive in PvP, but no big deal. I'm enjoying the game for now, and I'll just move to another one when it gets to be no fun anymore.

I also played Cabal Online for a while. I had plenty of fun playing it without the cash shop, too. So, those are my two suggestions, if you think you can live without end game.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Your best bet for fair play is to get into a game during the early beta processes, you typically get 2-3months before most game's cashshop becomes an issue, though sometimes it can happen much sooner..

Other than that, sadly I no longer have any suggestions that fit the bill.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Warzod

Could try Faxion. Just went live yesterday so the server is still getting its community legs. The characters from open beta were not wiped however so there are high level players around. The game is F2P as you asked with a faction PvP system, Heaven vs Hell. Nothing at current is available through the item shop that cannot be attained through normal play though maybe not as quickly or in such a pretty form. Some cash shop items have unique graphics but the stats are on par. Cash can be spent to speed up skill gains (it's like EvE) or to open additional inventory slots. All and all it is a good start to a game with a mildly rocky launch. Some server issues they are working out. Don't let some of the player crying sway you too much. If you have been around MMOs a long time you will remember worse launches for games that are still around.

www.faxiononline.com

I hate the time based skill crap though, makes it pointless to actually play yoru char when all u have to do is wait to get your skills. And a Bad mmorpg launch.. hmm anarchy online, I was there about a week after launch and it was still realllly bad lol.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by Gregross111

Hi all , I am in search of a free mmorpg, fantasy themed,  that has an item shop but the item shop cannot offer , Powerful gear or mega god like buffs that make pay players on a diff level then free players.

For example , Regnum online is 100% free mmorpg that offers an item shop with mounts, cosmetic gear, exp potions , and teleport scrolls

Why not play regnum then you ask? because the ppl that run the game are hopeless educated at the college of mexico developers who cannot fix there 4 year old mmorpg..

so something similar maybe? PVP/PVE/RVR games all welcome just needs to be free (no subscription and or initial cost)

and the item shop must not offer "leet" to players that pay , just cosmetic gear, exp pots, things along these lines , nothing that would imbalance the game vs free players

As Khaeros mentionned. Vindictus or Dungeon Fighter Online are great exemple. Although DFO sells Avatars that does imbalance the game (in PvP), you can buy those avatars from other players using in-game currency so you don't have to spend a single buck to acquire them. There's also Dragon Saga which is worth checking out. 

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Try Vindictus, its not exactly what youre looking for but you might enjoy it anyways. In my experience the cash shop hasnt felt neccessary so far.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter