Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rankings and such things...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am wondering if there will be any rankings in GW2...

And i am not talking about group and dungeon rankings, but more about general rankings like...

-Most inworld discoveries

-Most monsters killed without dieing

-Contested PvP ranking

-Guidl rankings

-longest kill streak in PvP

-Most items crafted

-Mini game rankings

I could make up a few hundred of these rankings.....  And all would be fun..

I think EQ2 did a superb job of showing peoples archeivements....  I am hoping that GW2 wil atleast have something comparable but then more inclined on rankings... Both for PvE, PvP and other ingame stuff...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• NaturTalentNaturTalent Member Posts: 29

PVP ranking, and ladders etc. is quite alot of fun. If such a thing should be implemented in Guild Wars 2, i hope it will be a server based system, not a global system. Ranking in killing most etc i realy dont see the point in, id rather see titles for killing certain enemies and participating in certain events. 

My son. The day you were born the very staff of Blizzard whispered the name, profit.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

There better be a cartographer one!

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

If there is I hope it is better implemented than in GW. Scraping every bit of area in every zone was tedious at best.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

A rather pointless one imo. It would end up showing a list of people who have explored 100% of the map. Rather boring. Not really a competition either.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Quirhid

A rather pointless one imo. It would end up showing a list of people who have explored 100% of the map. Rather boring. Not really a competition either.

Thats why things like this are archeivements...  

If you want to rank these things tough... you also add the factor time... so the first one to accomplish 100% stays on top of the list untill new areas get added... which starts the run again...

Leading a ranking should give access to titles and other things... 

Having a good ranking system could make for some really awesome end-game options

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by Quirhid

Thats why things like this are archeivements...  

If you want to rank these things tough... you also add the factor time... so the first one to accomplish 100% stays on top of the list untill new areas get added... which starts the run again...

Leading a ranking should give access to titles and other things... 

Having a good ranking system could make for some really awesome end-game options

Or the person to go from 0% to 100% in the quickest time, so that people who join the game later have a shot at doing it. 

I do like the idea of rankings though, for the majority of people it's something to work towards, and for those few who are good enough it's something to show off.