Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Woman dies after fall, apparently due to a 'play fight'

vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/192600/3/MIDTOWN-Woman-dies-after-falling-from-hotel-window

I love how the word 'accident' gets thrown around.  Accident sets the presumption that no one was at fault.  A play fight that leads to two people crashing out of a 10th story window.  Tragic end, but the world accident just doesn't come to my mind.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Recently some guy at a party said he'd pay any guy $5.00 who would take a punch to the face from his girlfriend. One guy stepped up, she punched him in the neck and burst his neck artery. He died and she's charged with manslaughter.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Originally posted by grunty

Recently some guy at a party said he'd pay any guy $5.00 who would take a punch to the face from his girlfriend. One guy stepped up, she punched him in the neck and burst his neck artery. He died and she's charged with manslaughter.

Wow she must have had one hell of a mean hook.

O_o o_O

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Originally posted by grunty

Did the guy who made the challenge pay the $5 to the dead guy's family or was he disqualified because she punched him in the neck instead of the face?

Typical woman, doesn't know how the throw a punch. image

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

Seriously? What...Were they play fighting WWE or something. How doe's play fight turn into falling through glass and falling off a ten story balcony?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Remember that 9-year old boy who murdered his younger brother via suplex after watching TV wraslin'?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• C-B-MC-B-M Member Posts: 2,659

Happened at 3 AM at a birthday party.  Therefore, there is a 100% chance that it was due to drugs and/or alcohol.  Congratulations, lose at life.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Reminds me of that episode of Law & Order where one guy pushed the other guy off the roof of the multi-story roof because the one guy was instigated by the CEO of the company that produced their reality TV show to start the fight to boost raitings.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Originally posted by Vato26

Reminds me of that episode of Law & Order where one guy pushed the other guy off the roof of the multi-story roof because the one guy was instigated by the CEO of the company that produced their reality TV show to start the fight to boost raitings.

I remember that episode, it was a good one. =)

IRRT: That obviously wasn't an accident. Physically impacting people by pushing them into pools, punching them in the face for $5, isn't behavior that adults should participate in if they have any sense. Our bodies are extremely fragile, and anything could happen at any time even when you aren't inviting tragedy.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/