Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are entertainers more important than teachers/educators?

IchbenIchben Member UncommonPosts: 296

Are they more loved than teachers, educators and scholars? We see them all the time on T.V. They make us laugh, they make us cry and the make us want to be in another world where we can be like them. They make us want to be in a place where we can be popular, a place where people notice us, respect us and love us for the things we do on stage and on the screen. It is the main reason we strive to live our lives to the fullest, not so we can work hard but so we can play hard, long and with vigor and passion.

We live to play not to work. As children we ate dinner knowing at the end of the meal our dessert would grace us with it’s presence and entertain us in ways our meal could not. We go to cookouts with friends and family to enjoy the company and enjoy their time but we also go to cookouts for the beer and the alcohol to take us to that place of existence where we can be more colorful and more free to do as we please.

Face it people, we love the spotlight and we love the drama. We crave for the attention and fame these entertainers and performers provide for us day in and day out on a regular basis. Yet, when forced to sit in a classroom to listen to a teacher speak, we are not inspired to the same degree when we see an entertainer and a performer flash his flashy lights or her flashy colors. It’s just not the same and I think this sucks because educators should be entertainers. They should be loved and respected as much as entertainers and performers because what they do is extremely important to the life blood of our society.

Yet, for the most part, they are treated as second class citizens because the system is flawed. Their is no soul in the public school system. Where is the color on the chalkboard? Where is the magic in the textbooks? Why can’t our school system be like Hogwarts? Why can’t Harry Potter, The Dark Tower Series or Ender’s game be required reading in all schools?? Do you really our teens are going to be inspired to read and write if you give them books by Jane Austin? At 14 I had to read the Odyssey as required summer reading...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!

We treat our students like commodities, meaningless robots, unimportant machines while our entertainers and “heroes” treat us like actual human beings. They play for our hearts and sing to the tune of our souls. Our heartbeats are the same. Our souls are one. We are respected by our tele-gods. We are loved. Their art makes us want to be better people and more happy human beings because that is what I believe that was the intention of the Man upstairs. He wanted us to be happy people with happy goals and noble dreams. I admit I am often unsure of His intentions but one thing I am sure of is we need to put the human spirit back into schools!

We need to make education more conducive to the make up of our genetic spirit. In other words, we need to make it more fun and enjoyable for the masses so children will actually want to go to school and want to learn because learning is what we have to do to grow and evolve into better more productive people of this country and world. It is what we need to do to over come depression, rid ourselves of negative toxic thoughts and face our fears with an iron sword and a golden heart in the shape of a golden pistol. When it comes to education we need to be gunslingers, not breakers. When it comes to teaching we need to be entertainers and treat our students, our children like human beings and not grade point averages. Please America, please let’s make an effort to use art and entertainment to give our students a reason to learn and live. Let our classrooms be a world of color instead of a world of text and numbers.

facebook.com/Ichben.Einberliner

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Actually, I'm surprised at how mainstream your current post is Ichben.

Are you getting old or something?  Have a kid start school recently? etc.

And no, I'm not trying to be an ahole.  Our teachers are placed on a pedistal and told to be creative and teach our kids.  We then impose lackluster cirriculum and uninspiring classrooms in which to perform this duty.  Remember when we sent our soldiers to Iraq and there were literally NO armored humvee's?  People screamed and we now have a global armada of slow moving armored cars, APCs, and tanks for our troops.  Heck, nearly every western power has been forced to buy these vehicles. 

But yet we don't scream for our kid's education.   Well, maybe we do, but there's no real money in it so it goes unnoticed.  Education becomes another buzz-word for politicians in an election year, and then drops from the sights of anyone in the power to make a difference.  Sad.

• IchbenIchben Member UncommonPosts: 296

Originally posted by daeandor

Actually, I'm surprised at how mainstream your current post is Ichben.

Are you getting old or something?  Have a kid start school recently? etc.

And no, I'm not trying to be an ahole.  Our teachers are placed on a pedistal and told to be creative and teach our kids.  We then impose lackluster cirriculum and uninspiring classrooms in which to perform this duty.  Remember when we sent our soldiers to Iraq and there were literally NO armored humvee's?  People screamed and we now have a global armada of slow moving armored cars, APCs, and tanks for our troops.  Heck, nearly every western power has been forced to buy these vehicles. 

But yet we don't scream for our kid's education.   Well, maybe we do, but there's no real money in it so it goes unnoticed.  Education becomes another buzz-word for politicians in an election year, and then drops from the sights of anyone in the power to make a difference.  Sad.

LOL....Don't worry about being an asshole Daendor, you've been one of my allies on this board for years. Feel free to speak your mind with grace and beauty my friend. Yes, this post was a little more tame or, as you put it, mainstream my others, but I thought this was an important issue that needed to be addressed and discussed. No I do not have a child in the wing, ready to burst out of my mother's belly with glee and joy, but I am getting kind of old(I will be 29 June 9th, well at least in my eyes I'm getting old). I beleive that education can be a very powerful tool if it is used correctly and efficently. Getting good grades and passing test with high scores does not mean one is educated. Getting a Master's degree does not mean one is better than the next person. Learning should be taken seriously rather than done by the numbers and that is what I am trying to change in our society(via my controversial website).

I don't know when or if I will ever make that change, but I will try.

Ichben E.

facebook.com/Ichben.Einberliner

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Wow, great point about required reading at schools. The classics should be discussed as part of humanities, but literature should shift to more contemporary books and authors. Technically my elementary did this with a program that allowed us to read books from a long list of ones that included stuff like the Goosebumps series as well as the classics and then test over them for points which were redeemed for prizes and such.

I read every night now, and even choose to sprinkle in a few of the classics from time to time. Sometimes we hold a little too tightly to the past, even when it does us way more harm than good.