Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice.

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I have: CPU 4 cores 3.0 GHz, 4 GB Ram and HD 5770. I can run the game with most options on high. I turned off shadows and run the game on 1440/900 resolution with 2xAA. I could run it with higher options but I get some slowdowns in crowded areas and while it's raining. So I decided to lower my settings for smoother fps wherever in game. My question is.. should I upgrade my cpu or graphics card to be able to run the game at 1680/1050 and shadows on? I can only upgrade 1 thing. And which graphic card or cpu should I buy? (price range 200-300$). Thanks in advance for any suggestions =]

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Well 9 times out of 10, upgrading your graphics will fix a majority of issues, whereas a processor it normally NOT the bottle neck anymore.

... now WHY you would upgrade a computer to play THIS game ... that's unknown.  Your BEST bet is to post under the hardware forum to get some better feedback.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

The game isn't that bad.. it just needs more content.

• regubareguba Member Posts: 56

Absolutely the best thing you can do is upgrade your graphics card. Your processor should be fine if it's relatively new. Look at the Radeon HD 6xxx series or the Nvidia GTX 5xx series for some solid cards, not cheap mind you.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

You can pick up an AMD 6950 with 2GB on new egg for $250.  That would allow you to play on just about any size monitor.  Just make sure you have at a good 500 W power supply and the right power connections.  Nvidia also offers the 560 in that price range.

You can upgrade to a new motherboard and Intel 2500 sandbridge or an AMD 1100/1000 Thuban  CPU for about $300 - $400.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Depends on what processor you have. A 4 core 3.0 ghz CPU tells some, but not all. What model is it? Say, for example, if it's an Athlon, I'd upgrade to at least a Phenom II X4, since XIV is very CPU intensive.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I'd take this thread to the Hardware Discussion forum. Quizzical, Ridelynn, and the rest have done a lot to help me with several questions.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/851/Hardware.html

I'd also think the 'problem' is in your vid card personally.

You can do those guys a huge favor, btw, and tell them what kind (brand and model) of motherboard you're running.

If you don't know, download and run "Belarc Advisor".

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.