Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game of Thrones...

FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

Now that it's been a few episodes in....

Is it still holding your interest or have you dropped it?

I've not seen tonight's episode yet, but so far the show is holding my interest.   I wish the plot could move a little faster though, as they've done a huge amount of character and backstory building in my opinion....any other thoughts?

Comments

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by Faxxer

I've not seen tonight's episode yet, but so far the show is holding my interest.   I wish the plot could move a little faster though, as they've done a huge amount of character and backstory building in my opinion....any other thoughts?

It's the best one yet. 

The one before last night's episode sucked, but they redeemed themselves. The next one looks like it's going to really start picking up. 

I'm not going to spoil it, but something you've probably been waiting on for a while, finally happens and happens better than I could have hoped for. 

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Camelot and Game of Thrones are about average, to me, so far. I really enjoyed Spartacus though and am eagerly anticipating it's return.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

Originally posted by seabass2003

I really enjoyed Spartacus though and am eagerly anticipating it's return.

Summer 2012

You have a long wait. 

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

The Borgias

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582457/

I really do like Game of thrones but it doesn't even compare to the Borgias.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Camelot and Game of Thrones are about average, to me, so far. I really enjoyed Spartacus though and am eagerly anticipating it's return.

Camelot is a huge let down..

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

My interest is still well beyond 100%.  So into it!  This is coming from a book(s) reader though, so I know what's coming as well.  I watch each episode about 4-5 times during the week.  So many parts of the books that I can't wait to see in future episodes.

I couldn't get into Spartacus, but watched several episodes.  I haven't been able to form an interest in The Bogias that I've watched.  I force-fed myself as much Camelot as I could -- it's laughable, in my opinion. 

Originally posted by ScrimMaltese

I really enjoyed Spartacus though and am eagerly anticipating it's return.

Summer 2012

You have a long wait. 

I'm used to it. I play MMOs. Wait forever for them to come out. Then they suck. At least Spartacus won't suck.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Game of Thrones is incredible.  That is all.

• VenDyneVenDyne Member Posts: 51

I've heard from my friend that it was good. Haven't watched it personally though. Still, I probably couldn't watch it since I only have a few hours of rest time after work. I might check it out though. It's based on the books, right? My buddy also said the series is pretty close in story.

Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

Now that it's been a few episodes in....

Is it still holding your interest or have you dropped it?

It's okay but like i have said on many occasions,the books are overrated,good but overrated.

Better Authors IMO.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Loving Game of Thrones still :) It just gets better every episode. Camelot isnt that good though....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

Peter Dinklage "The Imp" has surpassed my expectations in the show.  He's perfectly placed to be either a hero (which I suspect he's the only one in his family capable of being a hero) or a true agitant to cause war.  He talks shit to EVERYONE, but his actions are almost always noble.   I suspect (if they don't kill him off) that he'll be a very well loved character.

note: I've read none of the books

Did anyone think he did a great job in the series Threshold as well?

His acting is great in my opinion.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Peter Dinklage "The Imp" has surpassed my expectations in the show.  He's perfectly placed to be either a hero (which I suspect he's the only one in his family capable of being a hero) or a true agitant to cause war.  He talks shit to EVERYONE, but his actions are almost always noble.   I suspect (if they don't kill him off) that he'll be a very well loved character.

Yeah he is awesome in this - plays the character perfectly.

The girl that plays the little swordfighting girl Aria(?) is pretty awesome too - one to watch?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

From someone who has read the books, it follows the books really well. I'm about to watch episode 6 now, but atm it's pretty good, kind of boring. I dont know how they are going to kill off all the characters that george killed off in the books, I can sense fan anger in the future.

EDIT: what the crap, just saw the part with renly and loras. Would have perferred if they followed the books with those 2.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by Precusor

The Borgias

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582457/

I really do like Game of thrones but it doesn't even compare to the Borgias.

Humm I never heard of this show untill now, But I will take a look, seems right up my ally

And it's only getting better.

Amazing episode this week.

• ArbadacarbaArbadacarba Member Posts: 304

I too admire his performance. His character does seem like a candidate for deuteragonist: "The deuteragonist may switch from being with or against the protagonist depending on the deuteragonist's own conflict/plot" (Wikipedia).

I haven't had the chance to read the books either, so this is speculation; but, I believe Tyrion Lannister is a good guy.  I am pretty sure Tyrion is not aware of his older siblings' incestuous relationship (Queen Cersei and her twin brother Jaime Lannister).

Tyrion seemed to take notice of his siblings' interests in Bran Stark's life (Jaime tried to kill Bran because Bran discovered the relationship), so Tyrion mentioned that he wanted to hear what Bran Stark had to say when Bran woke up; and then Jaime told Tyrion that time would reveal whose side Tyrion is on; and then Tyrion declared that he just cares about his family.

If King Robert knew that Queen Cersei and Jaime Lannister were having an affair behind his back, he would have their heads on spikes, and then Tyrion would be the next in line to inherit the Lannister House. I think Cersei or Jaime, or both, were trying to frame Tyrion just to get him out of the way.

Episode 4, titled "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" makes me think Tyrion is a good guy. While he does talk a lot of crap, he does have some very insightful advice and contributions for various characters.

There is a chance they could end up making him a bad guy, but it would take a big event to change the direction the character has taken thus far: an event like him becoming the head of the Lannister House.

Next week's looks even better.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

really into it!!!

readin the books as well, though i can't seem to catch up to the series :)

i will have to wait till friday before i can watch last night's episode (8) (personal reasons)

but if you guys are saying that the last one was boring! damn i cant wait for friday :)

Next week's looks even better.

I didn't like the spoiler they put on the preview of Kaleese (sp?) on a stretcher looking like she's dead. 

Best part of the whole last episode was:

"Whatever their price, I'll beat it.

I like living."

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Out of all these mini-series, my favorite was the Tudors.  Watched all four seasons at least twice. I bought the DvD's, it was so good.

Next in line is Spartacus, Band of Brothers then The Pacific.

I never got into Camelot, didnt like the King Arthur they picked.  The Borgias is great, but if you miss one or two, you are lost.

Game of Thrones is interesting and I am enjoying it, but cant put my finger on if it really happened or is it pure fantasy?  I am not a history buff or lore buff.

Watch "Nurse Jackie" sometime.  She is a pill popping hoot of a woman.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

I am a massive George RR Martin fan, and I love the books.  So far I have not had a chance to see any of the series, as I stay in Scotland and it is on a SKY channel which I don't have.

Glad to hear that the general concensus is a thumbs up.  I was dreading that it would not do the books justice, mind you HBO do make some great dramas.

One question though - has Ser Gregor Clegane (the mountain that rides) been featured in the series yet?  He is my favourite character of the books, and I cannot imagine who they would cast as him.

In fact, one of the reasons why I thought no production company would touch this is (spoiler alert) how Martin has the unorthodox way of killing off his protagonists.  Especially in book 3 when must off the 'good guys' are massacred.  Do you think that HBO will stick to the script, as I imagine there will be a lot of bemused viewers when that particular event occurs?

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

news of the day:  ratings rose again for the latest episode to a new season high. :)

Yes, Gregor has been in a couple episodes so far - had some pretty sweet tournament scenes.  The adaptation has been extremely close to the books.

I think everyone should be watching this series.  You don't want to miss out

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

Thanks Clob.  I am thinking of going out and buying the season box set when it gets released.  Also cannot wait for July 12th when book 5 will FINALLY see print.  I was dismayed by the apparent death of Ser Gregor when he was poisoned in that duel.  I even said so to Martin himself when he visited Glasgow.  However, in book 4 there are several comments about Cersei having a 'champion' and I have a hopeful suspicion that it might be some zombiefied or rejuvenated version of Ser Gregor, who in my humble opinion is one of the most destructive and evil characters in fantasy fiction.

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

The series has got better as it goes along,it's worth the watch at the very least. Nothing can be like the books but as i have said before,the books are a good read but slightly overrated .

Their are better fantasy Authors IMO.